• Last Updated:
  • Nov 25th, 2013 8:49 am
Tags:
None
May 28, 2012
10043 posts
2194 upvotes
Saskatoon
As a couple others have mentioned, RBC Multi-product rebate is worth $10.95. I think everyone's experience with a bank is subjective, so it's not possible to say which bank is best. I've been happy with RBC but I think it's more because I am familiar with the people working at my local branch and they've always gone that extra mile for me. I don't like being forced to keep a certain $ amount in my account to have free banking, used to have that with CIBC and always felt like I was being "nickel and dimed" to death.
Sep 29, 2013
20 posts
4 upvotes
Gatineau
I just switched to Scotia last week. They offered me a Scotia One, Infinity Momentum for free for one year.

I also have my auto loan with them (which is why i looked into switching with them to begin with)

hope that helps
Aug 4, 2010
954 posts
203 upvotes
We could probably help out better if we knew where you lived. The fee structure of the Big 5 is the same everywhere but there are usually cheaper (and sometimes better) local options available.
Deal Addict
Feb 10, 2013
3988 posts
616 upvotes
Richmond
try the rbc multi product rebate. I think it's the best most of us can come up with until more details are known
Deal Fanatic
Feb 1, 2006
9498 posts
622 upvotes
Muskoka
I use TD line of credit (overpaid at all times) to pay all bills and receive funds, and also keep a basic chequeing account. The $3.95 is waived if you keep $1,500 in the account, which works out to about a 4% return on that money. I've considered ditching the chequeing account, but it's just too small beans to worry about, even for my frugal self.
Deal Addict
Feb 22, 2013
2028 posts
171 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
toopence wrote:
Nov 24th, 2013 2:31 pm
I am with PC and have used ING in the past, but I need a physical branch (not virtual) that doesn't have fees, where I can go into whenever, pay bills and use cheques.

Now I know there are lots of banks out there, but I just need advice on the best one in your opinion when it comes to service, and better treatment of customers

TIA
Scotiabank has a free unlimited chequing account for students.
Deal Addict
Aug 3, 2009
1775 posts
281 upvotes
Nova Scotia
CWatson87 wrote:
Nov 25th, 2013 7:05 am
Scotiabank has a free unlimited chequing account for students.
Yes I am currently using this.

Also looking into the Sobeys BMO option for a parent.