Need easy A electives at Concordia university

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 18th, 2013 11:00 pm
Aug 9, 2013
1 posts

Need easy A electives at Concordia university

Hey all.
I am currently attending Concordia University in the political science faculty
I need a buch of easy A gpa boosting electives because i want to take a semester abroad
Im ok with anything as long as it dsnt have any math or numbers in it
Prefrably clases in sgw campus
also if you can tell me the names of some intresting profesors i would much apriciate it.
Thank you in advance.
:)
25 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 20, 2007
1983 posts
794 upvotes
Kitchener
Way to make that investment in your education pay off! :facepalm:
Feb 28, 2013
137 posts
7 upvotes
Are you sure writing is okay for you?
Dec 25, 2012
91 posts
14 upvotes
So you can't do math but I am not even sure that writing is your thing either...any elective is going to be a challenge if you do not have the ability to succeed in it.

On an aside, I think it's a shame how many liberal arts students shy away from mathematics classes. In my opinion grade 12 Calculus should be a requirement in the curriculum. People in mathematics, statistics or computer science majors in universities are paying to actually learn and challenge themselves while you see people in international studies or journalism basket weaving their way through their four years of university so they can graduate and work in a retail store...
Deal Addict
Aug 27, 2011
3048 posts
322 upvotes
Toronto
UTSCstudent wrote: On an aside, I think it's a shame how many liberal arts students shy away from mathematics classes. In my opinion grade 12 Calculus should be a requirement in the curriculum. People in mathematics, statistics or computer science majors in universities are paying to actually learn and challenge themselves while you see people in international studies or journalism basket weaving their way through their four years of university so they can graduate and work in a retail store...
And that is bull. Just because people don't take theoretical math classes doesn't mean that you actually learn and challenge oneself. Since when do you actually need to use Calculus in anything?

I work in a stats-heavy industry and I can tell you that it's not those with the math degrees that make the large salaries (I have a degree in Anthropology and Philosophy). It's those who actually can apply analytical skills to their work that make the money. And for 99% of the population, those people have the arts degrees, not the technical degrees, BTW. And, after going to Waterloo for four years, there's not many courses in university that teach the proper applied mathematics.

BTW, it will be your depth of soft skills (or lack thereof) that gets you your first job these days. Who are the ones that develop the best soft skills?
Feb 28, 2013
137 posts
7 upvotes
UTSCstudent wrote: So you can't do math but I am not even sure that writing is your thing either...any elective is going to be a challenge if you do not have the ability to succeed in it.

On an aside, I think it's a shame how many liberal arts students shy away from mathematics classes. In my opinion grade 12 Calculus should be a requirement in the curriculum. People in mathematics, statistics or computer science majors in universities are paying to actually learn and challenge themselves while you see people in international studies or journalism basket weaving their way through their four years of university so they can graduate and work in a retail store...
Insecure stats student detected. Isn't this how you start off >50% of your posts on RFD? Somehow you bring up the fact that you study stats, a bit on how hard you work, and closes with a bit on how liberal arts students suck? I hope you get a B- in Stochastic Processing.

Brilliant things UTSCstudents has said = {}
Dec 25, 2012
91 posts
14 upvotes
Perhaps 99% of the industry are liberal arts students because that is predominant degree that the average North American obtains. Considering the proportion of graduates who complete computer science, mathematics or statistics are significantly less than those who complete general arts degrees, the comparison is a little baseless. However it might be relevant to learn basic mathematics for breadth requirements, taxes, or I don't know, to catch up with the rest of the globe whose curriculums are much better than our own?

Insecure stats student? Hardly. You can call me smug and a lot of other adjectives but insecure? Of what exactly? I have gotten quite a lot of research opportunities in my field of study so suggesting that my knowledge is purely theoretical is a little bit of a stretch. Many students are aware of their ambitions post grad (including myself) so it would imply that I have already started to apply the theoretical knowledge to practical research.

As for a B- in stochastic processes, the fact that you would suggest I would get a B- implies even you understand how impossible it is to compare a challenging course like stochastic processes to a general arts course. However, I work hard to avoid obtaining a transcript full of B-'s. Instead of trashing the next poster you see on RDF, you might try to do the same for yourself.
Deal Addict
May 23, 2008
2417 posts
3848 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
UTSCstudent wrote: [super defensive post]
You really do seem insecure, dude.

Anyway, every time one of these threads gets started a bunch of people jump in to scold the OP for wasting his or her education and blah, blah, blah.

Some people want bird courses because they've already completed the requirements for their major and they're making the strategic decision to protect their GPA for those last few credits. Maybe it's because they need a certain GPA for grad school, or law school, or a job they have lined up, or hell, because their parents promised to finance their education provided they maintain their grades. In this case the OP clearly stated that the end game is securing a study abroad opportunity, so what's the big deal?

Unless someone posts "I want bird courses because I'm lazy and I want to coast through school," why not leave out the sanctimonious lectures and just answer the question?
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2008
4465 posts
426 upvotes
Toronto
peelhic wrote: way to make that investment in your education pay off! :facepalm:
u shut ur ***** mouth!!
Buy Bell, and you go to HELL! :-0
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2008
4465 posts
426 upvotes
Toronto
Personally I think the government should stop providing funding or loans for liberal arts and humanities majors. So useless and half of the grads will probably end up on welfare.

@OP: I don't go to your university but introductory business courses normally are quite easy from my experience.
UTSCstudent wrote: Perhaps 99% of the industry are liberal arts students because that is predominant degree that the average North American obtains. Considering the proportion of graduates who complete computer science, mathematics or statistics are significantly less than those who complete general arts degrees, the comparison is a little baseless. However it might be relevant to learn basic mathematics for breadth requirements, taxes, or I don't know, to catch up with the rest of the globe whose curriculums are much better than our own?

Insecure stats student? Hardly. You can call me smug and a lot of other adjectives but insecure? Of what exactly? I have gotten quite a lot of research opportunities in my field of study so suggesting that my knowledge is purely theoretical is a little bit of a stretch. Many students are aware of their ambitions post grad (including myself) so it would imply that I have already started to apply the theoretical knowledge to practical research.

As for a B- in stochastic processes, the fact that you would suggest I would get a B- implies even you understand how impossible it is to compare a challenging course like stochastic processes to a general arts course. However, I work hard to avoid obtaining a transcript full of B-'s. Instead of trashing the next poster you see on RDF, you might try to do the same for yourself.
Deal Addict
Aug 27, 2011
3048 posts
322 upvotes
Toronto
UTSCstudent wrote: Perhaps 99% of the industry are liberal arts students because that is predominant degree that the average North American obtains. Considering the proportion of graduates who complete computer science, mathematics or statistics are significantly less than those who complete general arts degrees, the comparison is a little baseless. However it might be relevant to learn basic mathematics for breadth requirements, taxes, or I don't know, to catch up with the rest of the globe whose curriculums are much better than our own?

Again, if you can prove to me that you'll use even 1% of what you learned in university in the real world (not academica), I'd agree with you. However, all you're proving right now is that you have no actual advice other than to attack anyone who doesn't see your way.

I can surely tell you that when you get into the real world, you'll discover what people don't look for what you assume they look for in hiring someone.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 25, 2006
8452 posts
3627 upvotes
Nook wrote: Personally I think the government should stop providing funding or loans for liberal arts and humanities majors. So useless and half of the grads will probably end up on welfare.

@OP: I don't go to your university but introductory business courses normally are quite easy from my experience.
I think all humanities and liberal art majors should get more funding. We need more students who can articulate an argument, demonstrate basic logic, and communicate; without making senseless generalizations. Probably half of non liberal art students are making more money than non art students,after all, they'll do the 99% of jobs engineers don't take.

Business courses are easy... the whole major is a joke - in fact, probably half of them will be on welfare. Do I sound familiar? I'm sure now you know how stupid you sound.
Feb 28, 2013
137 posts
7 upvotes

Your reply shows how insecure and low IQ you really are.
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2008
4465 posts
426 upvotes
Toronto
Good luck with your double major in History and Women Studies.

Articulate arguments my arse. You're gonna end up articulating arguments and using logic while trying to figure out how many pickles go on my Double Big Mac.

Also, business degrees are relatively easy too but at least business people contribute to improving our economy and maintaining the financial sector. What do History and English majors do? Yell at kids to keep their volume down while working at the library at the age of 50 for $11.55/hr?
1xTiMeR wrote: I think all humanities and liberal art majors should get more funding. We need more students who can articulate an argument, demonstrate basic logic, and communicate; without making senseless generalizations. Probably half of non liberal art students are making more money than non art students,after all, they'll do the 99% of jobs engineers don't take.

Business courses are easy... the whole major is a joke - in fact, probably half of them will be on welfare. Do I sound familiar? I'm sure now you know how stupid you sound.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 25, 2006
8452 posts
3627 upvotes
Nook wrote: Good luck with your double major in History and Women Studies.

Articulate arguments my arse. You're gonna end up articulating arguments and using logic while trying to figure out how many pickles go on my Double Big Mac.

Also, business degrees are relatively easy too but at least business people contribute to improving our economy and maintaining the financial sector. What do History and English majors do? Yell at kids to keep their volume down while working at the library at the age of 50 for $11.55/hr?
That women studies and history major is going to help you fight off the legal battles you might have. They might become lobbyists that make the world into an ideal place. That police officer majored in political science serves and protects you. That librarian is making 25+a an hr. While its obvious that you have no idea what you're talking about, but you're not capable of debating without resorting to talking non-sense. I suggest you keep quiet since you've demonstrated how ignorant and inept you are in this area of discussion.

Good luck working at a big bank. Seriously, we need more clerks and accountants to deal with my financial needs.
Dec 25, 2012
91 posts
14 upvotes
ECMC02 wrote: Your reply shows how insecure and low IQ you really are.
You reply with a sentence that is structurally incorrect and I am the one who has a low IQ? I wonder what program you are graduating from.

I agree with Nook. I am sure the most anyone can do with a liberal arts degree is teach kindergarten students for 30k a year if they do not head to law school. A dime a dozen degree will get you a manager job at McDonalds.
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2011
2442 posts
399 upvotes
Toronto
UTSCstudent wrote: You reply with a sentence that is structurally incorrect and I am the one who has a low IQ? I wonder what program you are graduating from.

I agree with Nook. I am sure the most anyone can do with a liberal arts degree is teach kindergarten students for 30k a year if they do not head to law school. A dime a dozen degree will get you a manager job at McDonalds.
wait, how can you just assume that a few liberal arts factory isn't gonna open up and looking for people?
Deal Addict
May 23, 2008
2417 posts
3848 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
UTSCstudent wrote: You reply with a sentence that is structurally incorrect and I am the one who has a low IQ? I wonder what program you are graduating from.
I believe you meant "I wonder what program you are graduating from?"

[INDENT]"Muphry's Law is an adage that states that "If you write anything criticizing editing or proofreading, there will be a fault of some kind in what you have written." The name is a deliberate misspelling of Murphy's law."[/INDENT]
Dec 25, 2012
91 posts
14 upvotes
Ninja Robot Pirate wrote: I believe you meant "I wonder what program you are graduating from?"

[INDENT]"Muphry's Law is an adage that states that "If you write anything criticizing editing or proofreading, there will be a fault of some kind in what you have written." The name is a deliberate misspelling of Murphy's law."[/INDENT]
Liberal arts student spotted. I suppose you feel accomplished by pointing out that I did not add a question mark at the end of my sentence. However not all "I wonder.." sentences end with a question mark, especially when the writer is not asking a question but is instead making a sarcastic statement. We'll congregate here some years from now when I have moved on to graduate school and you are still talking about Murphy's Laws on RDF.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 25, 2006
8452 posts
3627 upvotes

What the heck are you talking about? Kindergarten teachers make good coin; more than 30k and at the very least more than you expect. The problem here is that both you and nook dont have any idea about liberal art degrees. I suggest you keep doing what you're doing and don't add to this discussion. All your points are WRONG and are all out of your a**.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)