• Dec 22nd, 2008 4:56 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
May 16, 2007
75 posts
1 upvote

Need a flash memory card video camcorder

Maybe [rfdlink=38]Canon[/rfdlink] HF10/100 or [rfdlink=108]SONY[/rfdlink] ?
3 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 9, 2003
2358 posts
100 upvotes
Toronto
Yeah, me too. I've pretty much decided to go for the HF100 but wasn't ready when dell/crutchfield et all had them on for under $600 a few weeks ago.

Mind you, the other thing is that I'm in no particular rush to get one so unless I see a really sweet deal, ($500-$550 all in) I might just wait a few months until they go on clearance as the new models come around.

We'll see what happens.

--Pete
Remember: We elect the government we deserve.
Dec 29, 2005
350 posts
53 upvotes
Victoria
The thing you really have to think about when considering a sony digital cameras/camcorders etc that use flash memory is "Am I going to commit to the Sony brand as a whole?"

The reason I say that is when you buy a Sony camera you're committing yourself to their friggin' memory sticks. Pretty much EVERY other company have latched on to SD/SDHC cards. If you only buy Sony products you'd be fine because you can use the memory sticks you buy across all their stuff... But if you buy say a sony digital camera and also have a bunch of Canon, or Panasonic items, suddenly you need both memory sticks and sd cards.

The memory stick is the single reason I can not buy Sony cameras.

As for the HF10 vs. HF100... Go with the HF100 because it's probably cheaper to buy a couple 16GB SDHC Class 4 or 6 cards than paying the extra money for the built in 16gb of memory in the HF10
Jan 29, 2007
374 posts
33 upvotes
Sanyo's HD1010 is a good FullHD SDHC hybrid and very small. Only major issue is that the digital stabilization is weak and since it's so small and light, you do need to have a steady hand when shooting. But, if you have a steady hand it's great.