• Jun 12th, 2005 12:45 am
Tags:
None
[OP]
May 22, 2005
7 posts

Need a flight, MTL to Nanaimo BC.

Hey there all,

Just wondering if anyone has any suggestions for me. I need to fly from Montreal to Nanaimo B,C. (100 klicks from Victoria) and ideally I would like to land in the local airport. (will have many bags, moving there)

I need to leave end of August, I was able to find a one way ticket for 411 dollars (after taxes) with two stops. Does this seem like a decent deal or should I keep looking?

Thanks everyone.
6 replies
Deal Fanatic
Dec 19, 2003
7931 posts
45 upvotes
Burnaby
looks like u have to do a stop over at vancouver
i dont think there are any direct flights from montreal to nanaimo

hmm looks like quite a few ppl moving to there lately
strange trend

air canada has this router available
with the stop over at vancouver of course

that would be the best for you if you have many bags
if not, seaplanes is another way to get there or if u have more time, take the ferries from horshoebay or twassassen to nanaimo
[OP]
May 22, 2005
7 posts
Yeah, I know there`s no direct flights (unfortunately), that`s fine with me. I`m just wondering about price, what would be a reasonable price.

You mentioned that many people are moving there? Any reason why? Me, I`m enrolled in the university, just wondering about everyone else though.

Thanks.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 19, 2003
7931 posts
45 upvotes
Burnaby
i dont know what price would be fair because options are really limited

so i dont think you really have a choice anyways when flying with air canada

just that some girl in my apartment building is moving to nanaimo too
shes 25ish i think so probably going there to work

well good luck with your studies! :)
Nov 7, 2004
163 posts
9 upvotes
Vancouver
I did this route when I was at MUC. As mentioned AC is the only carrier that will do this route and you have to change at VanC. However flights are pretty frequent from VanC so you should have to wait more than an hour. We flew YVR-YUL-Nanaimo and the cost was the same as a regular return to YVR. There is no public transport from the airport to Nanaimo so get a freind to pick you up otherwise figure on $20 for the shuttle taxi. When we booked our flights including tax came to $498 but I think there was some seat sale going on at that time. You can do the flight with AC as far as VanC and then transfer onto one of those float planes (www.harbour-air.com) from YVR's south terminal (Richmond) but it really isn't worth the hassle unless you fancy riding on one of those things and you want to get to downtown Nanaimo.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 19, 2003
7931 posts
45 upvotes
Burnaby
about 482 is the cheapest it gets right now from air canada
that is before tax
summer prices get expensive
but i think its still alright

www.aircanada.com has all the info
maybe use up your aeroplan if you have any?
Dec 23, 2004
441 posts
7 upvotes
VI
bigknickers wrote:I did this route when I was at MUC. As mentioned AC is the only carrier that will do this route and you have to change at VanC. However flights are pretty frequent from VanC so you should have to wait more than an hour. We flew YVR-YUL-Nanaimo and the cost was the same as a regular return to YVR. There is no public transport from the airport to Nanaimo so get a freind to pick you up otherwise figure on $20 for the shuttle taxi. When we booked our flights including tax came to $498 but I think there was some seat sale going on at that time. You can do the flight with AC as far as VanC and then transfer onto one of those float planes (www.harbour-air.com) from YVR's south terminal (Richmond) but it really isn't worth the hassle unless you fancy riding on one of those things and you want to get to downtown Nanaimo.
Geez, from Montreal to Malaspina! Why, why?? ;)

As everyone has posted, there's only the one carrier into Nanaimo, with the flights from Vancouver. And as was posted above, the airport isn't actually in Nanaimo, but around 15 minutes away by car. The only other option would be to find a cheapie flight to Vancouver, then bus it to the ferry and take a ferry to Nanaimo. Likely a major pain if you're bringing a ton of baggage, for only around a $100 difference. And you'll likely be on that ferry soon enough to escape Nanaimo and visit over in Vancouver. ;)