• Last Updated:
  • Aug 27th, 2017 3:14 pm
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2008
7144 posts
431 upvotes

Need Flip Flops for Travel

Looking for something more durable and obviously good for water and some grip so I don't slip.

Any brands, places to visit?

I don't wear them but going to Bali and beaches, I think I want to get something that will last a bit.

Budget is around maybe $50-$75.
23 replies
Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2005
1026 posts
251 upvotes
When I went shopping for flip flops like 3 years ago, I asked the guy in the store what he recommends, and he recommended the Rider flip flops as they are super comfortable, and he was right. 3 years later they are still comfortable as hell, and have been on many beaches and many countries and holding up very well. I was in the same store a few months back and they still sell them, think in the $40 range. Highly recommended. I bought mine at The Shoe Company.

Deal Addict
May 14, 2009
4460 posts
228 upvotes
Try to find something with a rubber sole. Foam is a nightmare when it's wet. My husband and I have had good experiences with Oakley and we usually try and find those because the soles are rubber and don't slip when wet. Something like:

http://ca.oakley.com/en/mens/footwear/s ... ryCode=m07

I've recently seen some flip flips with sturdy rubber soles made by Merrel, Columbia, and a few pairs at Mountain Warehouse.
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2005
1135 posts
49 upvotes
Ontario
I have these crocs in red and love them. Not your typical crocs...

Deal Addict
Dec 21, 2011
3176 posts
563 upvotes
London
second the crocs. I hate flip flops but caved and got a pair of these and I love them. they're about to wear through and I need a new pair.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2008
7144 posts
431 upvotes
Thanks everyone.

BTW this is for mens shoes.

Also perhaps maybe I am looking more for sandals instead of flip flops? I will check out your suggestions. Thanks!
Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2005
1026 posts
251 upvotes
If you are looking for travel sandals, look no further than a pair of Keens like these. Loved mine during my 3 weeks in Brazil, great for pretty much every occasion. The only shoe I wore the whole time there, plus the flip flops posted above.

[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2008
7144 posts
431 upvotes
eblend wrote:
Aug 10th, 2017 10:07 am
If you are looking for travel sandals, look no further than a pair of Keens like these. Loved mine during my 3 weeks in Brazil, great for pretty much every occasion. The only shoe I wore the whole time there, plus the flip flops posted above.

Wow they look great. Almost what I am looking for. I assume it can get wet etc? Seems almost perfect minus the price. Will shop around. Thanks
Nov 5, 2009
647 posts
36 upvotes
eblend wrote:
Aug 9th, 2017 12:49 pm
When I went shopping for flip flops like 3 years ago, I asked the guy in the store what he recommends, and he recommended the Rider flip flops as they are super comfortable, and he was right. 3 years later they are still comfortable as hell, and have been on many beaches and many countries and holding up very well. I was in the same store a few months back and they still sell them, think in the $40 range. Highly recommended. I bought mine at The Shoe Company.

My rider flip flops are on the floor next to me. I picked them up to make sure they are rider and found out that the soles are finished. I used them on a daily basis. ImageI have had them for more than 6 years and have traveled the world with me in the last 6 years. I had no idea they were finished and for how long. They are that comfortable, even when broken!
Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2005
1026 posts
251 upvotes
speedyforme wrote:
Aug 10th, 2017 11:20 am
Wow they look great. Almost what I am looking for. I assume it can get wet etc? Seems almost perfect minus the price. Will shop around. Thanks
Yes they can get wet. I got mine for about $80, not cheap but worth it.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2008
7144 posts
431 upvotes
eblend wrote:
Aug 10th, 2017 1:38 pm
Yes they can get wet. I got mine for about $80, not cheap but worth it.
Thanks. I will check them out to see which version I like and how comfortable and sizing. I think they may be worth the price.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2008
7144 posts
431 upvotes
Surprisingly difficult to find them in store at Sport Chek given the sale this weekend. Very limiting sizes and barely any Keen options....will keep shopping around....