• Aug 27th, 2017 3:14 pm
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
20832 posts
10070 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
redflag5050 wrote:
Aug 10th, 2017 11:45 am
My rider flip flops are on the floor next to me. I picked them up to make sure they are rider and found out that the soles are finished. I used them on a daily basis. ImageI have had them for more than 6 years and have traveled the world with me in the last 6 years. I had no idea they were finished and for how long. They are that comfortable, even when broken!
Gorilla glue + clamp for 24 hours = good as new
Re: Procurement, Life & RFD
nasa25: say you won it in a raffle. That's what I do with like 86% of my purchases
infinityloop: Lying to your SO seems like an unhealthy long term strategy
nasa25: lmao
Deal Addict
Jul 10, 2014
2156 posts
540 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
snow00774 wrote:
Aug 9th, 2017 9:56 pm
second the crocs. I hate flip flops but caved and got a pair of these and I love them. they're about to wear through and I need a new pair.
I also suggest croc sandals. I didn't have the 'thong' style but rather the 'slide' style but loved them. I bought some newer Lacoste ones after 5 years of service but still find myself going back to the crocs.
Deal Addict
Nov 1, 2007
3184 posts
403 upvotes
GTA
eblend wrote:
Aug 10th, 2017 10:07 am
If you are looking for travel sandals, look no further than a pair of Keens like these. Loved mine during my 3 weeks in Brazil, great for pretty much every occasion. The only shoe I wore the whole time there, plus the flip flops posted above.

Also, don't forget the dad jokes!
Deal Addict
Jan 15, 2013
1602 posts
971 upvotes
Ottawa
flamez1000 wrote:
Aug 22nd, 2017 11:33 am
Also, don't forget the dad jokes!
Just don't wear socks.
Deal Fanatic
May 14, 2009
5289 posts
554 upvotes
Omidosa wrote:
Aug 20th, 2017 8:31 am
Crocs - cheap and comfortable enought
djdestroyer wrote:
Aug 20th, 2017 10:29 am
I also suggest croc sandals. I didn't have the 'thong' style but rather the 'slide' style but loved them. I bought some newer Lacoste ones after 5 years of service but still find myself going back to the crocs.
Don't the soles get slippery when they're wet? I've tried them on at a friend's house and they didn't have good traction on rock/wood/tile when they were wet.
Deal Addict
Jul 10, 2014
2156 posts
540 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
amz155 wrote:
Aug 24th, 2017 1:45 pm
Don't the soles get slippery when they're wet? I've tried them on at a friend's house and they didn't have good traction on rock/wood/tile when they were wet.
Never slipped in mine and I've worn them on wet pool decks, wet rocks/grass/dock at the cottage, etc. but they're definitely not comparable to the "all-terrain" rugged style sandals with multiple straps. These are just flip-flops/slides.
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2012
11510 posts
1512 upvotes
Pacific Ocean
eblend wrote:
Aug 10th, 2017 10:07 am
If you are looking for travel sandals, look no further than a pair of Keens like these. Loved mine during my 3 weeks in Brazil, great for pretty much every occasion. The only shoe I wore the whole time there, plus the flip flops posted above.

sandav wrote:
Aug 12th, 2017 1:06 pm
This is on sale at Sportchek for $69.99. Many sizes available.

https://www.sportchek.ca/categories/men ... 60203.html
Use code "3DAYS" for an additional 10% off.
Another kudos for Keen. I've been wearing Keen's for 10yrs. Best street sandals, waterproof, machine washable, slip grip, comfortable. My last pair lasted 4.5yrs, not bad at all. I just upgraded to the Keen Rialto. Only place I could find them is at MEC. Tough mofos, lol. One of their very few models made in the USA. https://www.mec.ca/en/product/5045-861/Rialto-Sandals

If the glove don't fit you must acquit! #WINNING
Aug 15, 2017
60 posts
14 upvotes
Just get some el cheapo thongs (flip flops) from Old Navy or something, and you'll fit right into Bali. Don't buy those funny looking travel shoes someone posted above, you'll look like a total wanker from the US. All you need is a camera around your neck, a wide brimmed hat and a paper map to complete the look.

Thongs are SO CHEAP over there that even if they last a week or so, buy another pair. BTW, most people walk around barefooted anyway, it's not unusual.