Request-A-Deal

Need a Gaming System / Laptop for Oculus Rift!!!

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 24th, 2018 6:57 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 19, 2002
2211 posts
433 upvotes

Need a Gaming System / Laptop for Oculus Rift!!!

So I'm way deep into the VR world with an Oculus Rift setup and Touch package coming to me. I've got a bunch of VR games all paid for on Steam. But now I need a sweet, sweet gaming system! Originally I thought getting a laptop would work and be a bonus for portability as I wouldn't mind visiting friends and taking the VR setup with me. Too bad the headsets / sensors / controllers are so high in PC requirement overhead as it would be more fun with two VR setups to play with buddies at the same time!

Anyways, I guess I'm not looking to break the bank as I'm already over my head with the Rift being $404+139 already. I need a GTX 1060 level of GPU, and maybe an i5 or i7. I'm not a hardcore gamer so I just need something that will tide me over for a bit until this VR phase passes. I keep dying within 10 seconds of landing in Fortnite so that's pretty much off the list. I liked the free Tomb Raider on the Nvidia Shield and playing Arizona Sunshine at my local VR arcades. Are there any gaming deals out there for medium to light VR usage exclusively?
My avatar is Shandi Finnessey
Play Hay Day!