Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Sep 28, 2010
1917 posts
842 upvotes
Surrey

Need help asap!!!

Hey guys, not sure if this is the right place to post this. Anyways we recently got our wedding videos, and are somewhat unhappy. Anyways i received an edited version and a "raw" version. If i want to edit the video myself is it possible with just the "raw" dvd video? Anything else i require? By "raw" i mean just unedited...do i need the actual computer files for editing? Also i can get bluray for $350 more, worth it?
Thanks in advance
11 replies
Jun 20, 2012
196 posts
76 upvotes
Toronto
How are the raw videos on the DVD?
Are they files on a DVD or playable on a DVD player?
and by 'get bluray' do you mean buy the bluray off of the person who shot the wedding?

Need a bit of clarification on this..
Deal Fanatic
Jul 13, 2009
5244 posts
3523 upvotes
raw just means uncut, and probably not colour corrected.

i doubt its true raw HD video files like from a RED...
Deal Addict
Sep 28, 2010
1917 posts
842 upvotes
Surrey
I think bhrm is right, they're arent any files, its just a dvd movie. and yes playable on a dvd player, and by "get bluray" i mean get a bluray copy off of the video people who recorded the video.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 13, 2009
5244 posts
3523 upvotes
purplekush604 wrote: I think bhrm is right, they're arent any files, its just a dvd movie. and yes playable on a dvd player, and by "get bluray" i mean get a bluray copy off of the video people who recorded the video.
so...its just one continuous DVD of video? or there's files on the DVD?

Ideally, give the videographer a hard drive to copy all the files to it.

Blu Ray for $350 sounds quite steep.....

This place sounds sketch.
Deal Addict
Sep 28, 2010
1917 posts
842 upvotes
Surrey
bhrm wrote: so...its just one continuous DVD of video? or there's files on the DVD?

Ideally, give the videographer a hard drive to copy all the files to it.

Blu Ray for $350 sounds quite steep.....

This place sounds sketch.
thats correct one continuous dvd of video. no files.
i thought about asking him if he would give us the files, its 4tb he had said, but never asked if he would give it
Jun 20, 2012
196 posts
76 upvotes
Toronto
purplekush604 wrote: thats correct one continuous dvd of video. no files.
i thought about asking him if he would give us the files, its 4tb he had said, but never asked if he would give it
What kind of camera was he shooting with? 4 TB of files is 1,000 hours of HD footage (1080i) give or take. You either had a really long wedding or he was shooting with a really expensive camera.

Buy your own hard drive (or hard drives) and just ask for the files.
Deal Addict
Sep 28, 2010
1917 posts
842 upvotes
Surrey
UnionvilleKid wrote: What kind of camera was he shooting with? 4 TB of files is 1,000 hours of HD footage (1080i) give or take. You either had a really long wedding or he was shooting with a really expensive camera.

Buy your own hard drive (or hard drives) and just ask for the files.
Im not 100% sure, dont know too much about cameras but i think a canon mark or something, i know it was expensive as hell. I think in total the footage was around 5-6 hours.
Deal Addict
Jun 11, 2007
1502 posts
60 upvotes
Brampton
he may be still shooting with minDV tapes, those if you capture 1 tape, it is worth 16gb each tape if i remember correctly? ....

i would get the "raw footage" and try to edit it yourself, i believe Sony Vegas can import footage directly from a DVD video disc.

do us a favour, tell us who did you hire and warn everyone not to hire them anymore
FS: Continental-Barum Bravuris 2 - 1x 255/35/18
I don't worship lenses, nor do I see the 3 primes as a "trinity"
there is only one Holy Trinity and they certainly aren't lenses
Deal Addict
Sep 28, 2010
1917 posts
842 upvotes
Surrey
mk5gti wrote: he may be still shooting with minDV tapes, those if you capture 1 tape, it is worth 16gb each tape if i remember correctly? ....

i would get the "raw footage" and try to edit it yourself, i believe Sony Vegas can import footage directly from a DVD video disc.

do us a favour, tell us who did you hire and warn everyone not to hire them anymore
I truely dont have complaints, i believe the reason im unhappy with the edit is because we rushed them for the product. We saw their work its fabulous. Only reason it was rushed was because my sisters wedding just happened and we wanted it for that. They gave us a great deal.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 13, 2009
5244 posts
3523 upvotes
purplekush604 wrote: thats correct one continuous dvd of video. no files.
4TB?????

sounds like uncompressed files....like real RAW!

jeebus. avg wedding is 250-400 gigs if shot with DSLRs.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)