Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Feb 27, 2011
1310 posts
416 upvotes
Toronto

Need help ASAP: Windows Media Center (Vista) Guide failure to update

The Electronic Program Guide (EPG) in my Windows Media Center (in Windows Vista) had not been updating since earlier this month.

I understood the news that Microsoft had switched the EPG provider from Zap2it to Rovi.

I have tried nearly every conceivable way I found on the internet to switch but no success.

They include: re-rerunning TV setup, re-running guide setup, altering host files in Windows to add IP address to supposedly redirect the download servers... nothing works.

I suspect some of those solutions are for US only.

I am on Rogers (analog) basic cable.

A few posts mentioned an update KB3078428 that may fix this, but I can't it to download anywhere.

Has anyone in Canada (Ontario) been able to fix their Windows Media Center to move to Rovi?

PLEASE, PLEASE HELP!!!
2 replies
Deal Addict
Feb 27, 2011
1310 posts
416 upvotes
Toronto
I had already tried this one too. I rerun the Guide setup after reboot, but there is still no change. The About screen still shows that the program guide data are being provided by Zap2it and not Rovi.

Many of the solutions I found online appear to target Windows 7 or Windows 8. I now wonder whether or not there exists a working fix for Windows Vista.

Please keep the suggestions coming... I am completely lost.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)