• Last Updated:
  • Jan 12th, 2019 7:55 pm
[OP]
Nov 20, 2008
865 posts
154 upvotes
engineered wrote:
Jan 6th, 2019 9:54 pm
So why get rid of it? It's basically new.
I know. If trade in value is decent and discounts on the 18 Trackhawks are deep, I'm considering the upgrade. I like obscene amounts of HP 🤷🏼‍♂️
Deal Addict
Apr 18, 2005
1495 posts
339 upvotes
Mississauga
1C5 wrote:
Jan 6th, 2019 9:59 pm
I know. If trade in value is decent and discounts on the 18 Trackhawks are deep, I'm considering the upgrade. I like obscene amounts of HP 🤷🏼‍♂️
Wow msrp on that is 115K+ ... Did not know jeeps were that $$$
Aug 31, 2008
32 posts
8 upvotes
Montreal
TLSRULZ wrote:
Jan 6th, 2019 5:59 pm
Just don't forget .. if you sell it privately you loose out on the tax benifit on the new purchase.
You can do accomodation sale. I've done that 2 times, and it's awesome. You can be more flexible with the private buyer because you're going to get both taxes (federal and provincial). Though, the buyer will have to pay both taxes as well, so you have to account for that in the transfer price.

Basically, it's a trade-in but you already found the buyer of the used car and the price was dealt between you and the buyer.

Some dealers charge a fee for that (because they feel sad they get screwed on the trade-in). Here in Quebec, if it's the case, the sale if considered outright by the dealer, so no responsability to you if the used car had an issue after the sale.

I like it because I get more $, and I have no relation at all with the buyer if there was an issue with the used car.
Deal Addict
Sep 8, 2017
1354 posts
1243 upvotes
GTA
That's a good point. You make more money selling private, but lose the tax credit. The price probably works out the same as trading it in then.