Page 13 of 79

Re: Need help from CFIA employees, who's taken the organizational values test (OVT)

Posted: Apr 9th, 2013 9:25 pm
by suexuanshi
I graduated from Food Science in University of Manitoba over one year ago, and I worked as a QC tech in a food company for one year and that's my first job
fasihpirzada wrote:
Apr 9th, 2013 10:27 am
just curious, what education / work background do you have if you dont mind sharing. thanks.

Re: Need help from CFIA employees, who's taken the organizational values test (OVT)

Posted: Apr 9th, 2013 9:45 pm
by Freewordsprit
Yes, I did all those, but I'm not sure about your case, since we are not in same province. You can just email them to see what's going on

Posted: Apr 9th, 2013 10:15 pm
by ajay9099
Freewordsprit wrote:
Apr 9th, 2013 9:45 pm
Yes, I did all those, but I'm not sure about your case, since we are not in same province. You can just email them to see what's going on
I have emailed sarah tate on monday. Does she gets back to us in timely manner.

Posted: Apr 9th, 2013 10:34 pm
by luckyflyer
my understanding is, most likely the response is not a timely manner.

Posted: Apr 10th, 2013 12:02 am
by bhanup
gapseeker1 wrote:
Apr 9th, 2013 4:02 pm
I got the rejection notice too. I thought I'd at least qualify for EG-02. What was the pass mark? I wrote the SEI in March.
Did u write all three tests?

Posted: Apr 10th, 2013 12:16 am
by gapseeker1
Yes. I wrote the last March 6th.

Ajay9099:

I would be very, very surprised if they get back to you. Government job processes ignore routine inquiries like that. They find them annoying.

Posted: Apr 10th, 2013 1:33 am
by Freewordsprit
Mind I ask what exactly they send to you?

Posted: Apr 10th, 2013 9:09 am
by Stammz
I got placed into the pool on Monday for tests I finished in march. Today I received this:
As a follow up to the notice that you received yesterday, please note
that communication (oral and written) has not yet been assessed. As a
result, these elements must be evaluated prior to being considered fully
qualified for a specific level and eligible for appointment. It is
expected that these elements will be assessed during a right fit
interview when you are being considered for a specific position. We
apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.
Thus explains the tests you had to write before your interview, chicagoglobetrotter.

Posted: Apr 10th, 2013 10:50 am
by Chicagoglobetroter
ok remember my comments about my interview few weeks ago. For a EG4 position in a francophone area where they request me full writing and oral competences instead I requested in my application English evaluation. Well here is the answer, this email give the rights that the board interview could assessed you again.

Posted: Apr 10th, 2013 11:31 am
by luckyflyer
Thanks for all the message shared here;
just wondering if anyone got OVT test info today?

Posted: Apr 10th, 2013 11:35 am
by ajay9099
luckyflyer wrote:
Apr 10th, 2013 11:31 am
No, Neither sarah tate is replying. Testing agency told me to contact her.

Posted: Apr 10th, 2013 11:50 am
by ajay9099
luckyflyer wrote:
Apr 10th, 2013 11:31 am
did you get something about OVT today

Posted: Apr 10th, 2013 12:28 pm
by luckyflyer
we are on same boat and still waiting for ovt info...

Posted: Apr 10th, 2013 1:01 pm
by inspecbutterfly
I used the form on "contact us" page of their website to ask them about the OVT this week. I got a reply saying that my request has been forwarded to the respective department. I still wish I knew if it was because I didnt do well enough on the SEI or some other reason !!!!

Posted: Apr 10th, 2013 1:44 pm
by valleyairs
I am currently a CFIA employee. Going through the tests right now as well. Two inspectors that I know of have written SEI last week and haven't heard anything about OVT this week.