Careers

Need help from CFIA employees, who's taken the organizational values test (OVT)

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 19th, 2023 8:24 am
Tags:
Feb 11, 2013
97 posts
29 upvotes
Montreal
Yeap I just got it, don't worry. If you read the position there's a request: Candidates MUST BE ABLE TO ACHIEVE AND MAINTAIN A RELIABILITY STATUS....

That's means we have to achieve the lowest security level at least to work for the CFIA. If you work to Canada Revenue example, the post usually request SECRET level. the inspection at this time is Reliability. The employees have to keep the level as long perform the duty. Candidates that have criminal background probably will not achive this certificate. the certificate is good as long the employee not change position and I dont know how long is good, but as a candidate all the people have to go along the security process certificate. Take time and work for this they try to save time with the candidates that they have it. This issue will not affect the SEI, they notice that will be done early next week.... SOOOOOONNNNNNN Dan
Feb 20, 2013
10 posts
3 upvotes
Victoria
suexuanshi wrote: ya, what's security clearance thing? how can we get it?
Many federal jobs (i.e. Canadian Forces, CSIS) require it and it's not something you can voluntarily apply for and acquire. You would be asked by the government to fill out the required forms.

I used to do process security clearances for the DND. It's often a long process to obtain clearance (my level III took over a year) and I think everyone who is offered this CFIA job will have to go through a similar process.
Feb 12, 2013
46 posts
8 upvotes
thanks Dan! so I just go to police office and tell them I need a security clearance?
Feb 12, 2013
46 posts
8 upvotes
Thank you!! What if i don't have one right now, do I send email to Sarah and tell her I don't have? Sue
Stammz wrote: Many federal jobs (i.e. Canadian Forces, CSIS) require it and it's not something you can voluntarily apply for and acquire. You would be asked by the government to fill out the required forms.

I used to do process security clearances for the DND. It's often a long process to obtain clearance (my level III took over a year) and I think everyone who is offered this CFIA job will have to go through a similar process.
Feb 20, 2013
10 posts
3 upvotes
Victoria
From the email, I got the impression that they wanted a response from everyone, regardless of whether it was yes or no.
Feb 12, 2013
46 posts
8 upvotes
ok, i'll just let them know!! thank you~~
Stammz wrote: From the email, I got the impression that they wanted a response from everyone, regardless of whether it was yes or no.
Feb 19, 2013
22 posts
3 upvotes
I responded right away and said I am not sure if I have it and what can I do to get security clearance. I'll post when I hear from her.
Feb 18, 2013
10 posts
3 upvotes
I did my security clearance with CSIS, RCMP, DND, and CCVT. When I went through the security clearance with federal organisations for the purpose of employment, I did not receive any documentation indicating that I was granted or not. However, when I had to do a security clearance with a volunteer organsation, I had to submit a request form to Toronto police, which merely took them 4 months to process until I received a document indicating that my status was clear.
Feb 12, 2013
46 posts
8 upvotes
is there any further assessment or interviews after this SEI?
Deal Fanatic
Apr 23, 2009
5161 posts
708 upvotes
South of Ottawa
TKevolve wrote: I did my security clearance with CSIS, RCMP, DND, and CCVT. When I went through the security clearance with federal organisations for the purpose of employment, I did not receive any documentation indicating that I was granted or not. However, when I had to do a security clearance with a volunteer organsation, I had to submit a request form to Toronto police, which merely took them 4 months to process until I received a document indicating that my status was clear.
The volunteer organization wasn't a security clearance, it was a background check. If you had a security clearance done by any of those departments you should have a reference number.

The clearance will be done by CFIA. They're valid for 10 years.
Feb 18, 2013
10 posts
3 upvotes
Oh yes! To think of it, I think I only had to do a background check for CCVT.
:D ? It is strange that I never received any reference number for the previous security clearance.

Beachdown wrote: The volunteer organization wasn't a security clearance, it was a background check. If you had a security clearance done by any of those departments you should have a reference number.

The clearance will be done by CFIA. They're valid for 10 years.
Feb 18, 2013
23 posts
2 upvotes
Toronto
Hi.
I got the same.
I want to response the email. As they mentioned "Use the Selection Process Number and not the Reference Number for any correspondence with the CFIA", I want to use the "Selection Process Number", but I can not find it. Any idea if "Selection Process Number" is the same as "Applicant Number "
Feb 18, 2013
96 posts
45 upvotes
ahrkermani wrote: Hi.
I got the same.
I want to response the email. As they mentioned "Use the Selection Process Number and not the Reference Number for any correspondence with the CFIA", I want to use the "Selection Process Number", but I can not find it. Any idea if "Selection Process Number" is the same as "Applicant Number "
I just forwarded the CFIA email I was sent to the Sarah Tate email address then added my response.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 23, 2009
5161 posts
708 upvotes
South of Ottawa
ahrkermani wrote: Hi.
I got the same.
The selection process number is in the job advertisement that you applied for. I don't know if it's this inventory pool or not but here's an example:

https://psjobs-emploisfp.psc-cfp.gc.ca/ ... psrsMode=1
Feb 19, 2013
5 posts
1 upvote
Anybody has an idea to what to study for SEI test?
Feb 11, 2013
97 posts
29 upvotes
Montreal
nop !!! save time, only answer them that you not have a valid security certificate. The police clearance paper is not the same. this one is more sofisticate, take more time, sometimes request fingerprints etc. If you not have it will not affect you only they have to do. Is the organization that invite you that have to do the request to the RCMP is not the kind of certificate that you can request by yourself at the police station. Dan QC
Feb 29, 2012
5 posts
Can you please confirm if you have a valid security clearance, and if so which organization was it granted with. Please provide this information to Sarah.Tate@inspection.gc.ca. Our intent is to begin the Simulation for Inspectors testing early next week.

Thank you

ANYONE GET CALLED FOR THIS STEP YET?
OR RECEIVE A REPLY FOR SECURITY BACKGROUND?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)