Careers

Need help from CFIA employees, who's taken the organizational values test (OVT)

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 7th, 2017 8:36 am
Tags:
Mar 4, 2014
85 posts
24 upvotes
Toronto
Does any one from this group has any news for the Primary Inspector/meat inspector?
I received an e-mail confirming that I was qualified for the staffing process 12-ICA-NCR-OE-VAR-NID-368 (CFIA Inspector, EG-02/03/04).
Feb 20, 2016
8 posts
Chicagoglobetroter wrote:
Mar 14th, 2017 5:21 pm
Well EG02 is not complicated, is focus on your personality and how you drive. And exactly what is your experience in slaughter unit. Working with them I can see is rutine activity. EG03 you have to do the job of EG 02 AND follow up the QA system, interact with QA company coordinator, owner... and the exam that usually is roll play is the EG04. EG04 usually is not at slaughter house. EG2 and 3 work with the Veterinary The CFIA interviewer play a roll as a client and you have to drive situations and finally make a report.

Thank you very much! Now is keep studying and hopefully get a call for an interview! The worst part is the waiting part rss...
Feb 11, 2013
97 posts
29 upvotes
Montreal
anisaem wrote:
Mar 14th, 2017 5:56 pm
Does any one from this group has any news for the Primary Inspector/meat inspector?
I received an e-mail confirming that I was qualified for the staffing process 12-ICA-NCR-OE-VAR-NID-368 (CFIA Inspector, EG-02/03/04).
Last week they sent me an email to confirm my interest to keep my name in the candidates pool. They asked me about province interest. looks like survey not really email. I think they know hundred of people after several years waiting they gone and the data base is not clear reference of candidates.
Mar 4, 2014
85 posts
24 upvotes
Toronto
I just received an e-mail today stating that the: selection board has determined that you do not meet all of the required qualifications and your name has not been placed in the staffing pool.
I do not understand, first they qualify you for the pool and after one week that they don't (May be they are making a short list of candidates). i am giving up hope to be invited for an interview anymore.
Any news from this pool?
Good Luck to whoever qualify!
Feb 11, 2013
97 posts
29 upvotes
Montreal
anisaem wrote:
Mar 22nd, 2017 6:39 pm
I just received an e-mail today stating that the: selection board has determined that you do not meet all of the required qualifications and your name has not been placed in the staffing pool.
I do not understand, first they qualify you for the pool and after one week that they don't (May be they are making a short list of candidates). i am giving up hope to be invited for an interview anymore.
Any news from this pool?
Good Luck to whoever qualify!
Whattsssssss ?????? I remember you anisaem, you have been in the staffing pool ... the reason to pull out from this pool usually is you refuse to participate in an invitation, you not answer emails etc ... but you was selected to be there... Usually this answer could be done when you accepted an invitation for a post you participate in the selection process and then for this position you was not selected. But you continue in the candidate pool .
Mar 4, 2014
85 posts
24 upvotes
Toronto
Mar 30th, 2017 10:02 am
Whattsssssss ?????? I remember you anisaem, you have been in the staffing pool ... the reason to pull out from this pool usually is you refuse to participate in an invitation, you not answer emails etc ... but you was selected to be there... Usually this answer could be done when you accepted an invitation for a post you participate in the selection process and then for this position you was not selected. But you continue in the candidate pool .
Is any one from this thread entered into this selection process? Did you (chicagoglobetroter) applied for these positions?
Yes and that is my understanding too! But I think they require, inspectors that were directly involved into slaughterhouses, or please correct me (if wrong), demanding and repetitive, (if i can say Strong Men, because you have to take samples, inspect and assist with ante and post morteum, inspection)! And I suppose this is an important factor too, things that between candidates they would go for physical strength, as well!!!
Well since I have applied in all these selection processes, I got an invitation again for a phone interview today, but I do not believe I will go further than I did in the previous one, the process was similar with the first one, everything they explain in the Job posting is the selection process.
And I would like to see someone feed this forum with some updates, if they have any!
Mar 4, 2014
85 posts
24 upvotes
Toronto
Just some thoughts!
One interesting thing that I came across reading for meat inspection and slaughterhouses. was that after the salmonella outbreak in Calgary and BC. The government decided to cut the subsidy for the meat inspector. (and the provinces are going to cover those expenses on provinces expensive and not with Ottawa funding!!!
So may be this is the reason they are actively hiring, and if i recall correctly, from the 2013-2014 pool, i read that they offered the 12 week training for the new inspectors,which i do not believe they offer for these hiring processes.
I am trying to configure what is the future going to be for the people hired from these processes!!!!

http://globalnews.ca/news/1914172/lack- ... ure-union/
https://news.gov.bc.ca/factsheets/facts ... ion-system
Feb 11, 2013
97 posts
29 upvotes
Montreal
anisaem wrote:
Mar 30th, 2017 4:18 pm
Is any one from this thread entered into this selection process? Did you (chicagoglobetroter) applied for these positions?
Yes and that is my understanding too! But I think they require, inspectors that were directly involved into slaughterhouses, or please correct me (if wrong), demanding and repetitive, (if i can say Strong Men, because you have to take samples, inspect and assist with ante and post morteum, inspection)! And I suppose this is an important factor too, things that between candidates they would go for physical strength, as well!!!
Well since I have applied in all these selection processes, I got an invitation again for a phone interview today, but I do not believe I will go further than I did in the previous one, the process was similar with the first one, everything they explain in the Job posting is the selection process.
And I would like to see someone feed this forum with some updates, if they have any!
My experience is a little far away from your view about physical strength skills... the opposite ... most of the staff inspectors are women !!! at slaughter facilities .... at the facility that I work ALL of them are women's... veterinarian.. inspectors... any man on field.... but ...is Quebec.
Mar 4, 2014
85 posts
24 upvotes
Toronto
Apr 3rd, 2017 9:34 am
My experience is a little far away from your view about physical strength skills... the opposite ... most of the staff inspectors are women !!! at slaughter facilities .... at the facility that I work ALL of them are women's... veterinarian.. inspectors... any man on field.... but ...is Quebec.
Did you apply for this selection pools?
That's good than, my understanding from the interview was that I was not a good fit for the positions that they are hiring. and they are hiring for support staff, as and when needed, to fill for inspectors on vacation, or on high peak production season, on short notice etc. so you have to live in those areas!!! and I suppose the proximity to these slaughterhouses will be an important selection factor to select.
Feb 11, 2013
97 posts
29 upvotes
Montreal
anisaem wrote:
Apr 4th, 2017 10:09 am
Did you apply for this selection pools?
That's good than, my understanding from the interview was that I was not a good fit for the positions that they are hiring. and they are hiring for support staff, as and when needed, to fill for inspectors on vacation, or on high peak production season, on short notice etc. so you have to live in those areas!!! and I suppose the proximity to these slaughterhouses will be an important selection factor to select.
yes I did. your comment is correct. They need the people with short notice. They are working and they receive a call that they have to go to other slaughterhouse FAST because the inspector called sick, so is a plus if you live near the slaughter area, this people has high priority. they not have inspectors, I can see 50% less inspectors in high season. they cannot do the paper work because they have to be at the slaughter process inspection. For me was vacations they not requested me any document, then they upgrade all the documents together and drive me crazy. But this is other part of the story your comment was physical skills condition like a man to do the task and that is not my experience here. But I 100% agree with you about the proximity residence of this slaughterhouses is a strong asset.