Need help! Abnormal symptoms when I eat carbs

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 11th, 2019 2:33 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Nov 4, 2019
5 posts

Need help! Abnormal symptoms when I eat carbs

I'm a 31 year old male I'm getting abnormal symptoms whenever I eat sugar, refined carbs, pop or beer. It started a year ago out of the blue and shocked me. Carbs give me really bad lightheadedness, jittery feeling, extreme anxiety it feels like my brain hurts! My breathing gets super fast and I can't breathe andi hyperventilate I went to the ER a bunch of times it was so bad and they were clueless! Is this an auto immune issue? Leaky gut? Gluten? I usetobeable to eatfine but now thatship has sailed and mystamina is god awful and I feel weak. Hopefully someone can shed some light thanks!
16 replies
Deal Fanatic
Sep 16, 2004
8360 posts
1340 upvotes
Toronto
Diabetes can cause headaches due to low blood sugar so if there's an insulin deficiency, converting those carbs may be a task.
Deal Fanatic
May 14, 2009
5697 posts
796 upvotes
Does it happen when you eat fruit and/or vegetables?

Has your GP ruled out anxiety/depression?
Jan 1, 2017
677 posts
507 upvotes
Also what is your height, weight and shape skinny, average, muscular, overweight?
Jun 9, 2015
761 posts
581 upvotes
Toronto, ON
No gluten in pop, so if that is bothering you, it doesn't seem like a gluten allergy.
[OP]
Nov 4, 2019
5 posts
Fruits and vegetables don't give me symptoms. Im 5 foot 9 215 pounds. Doctors haven't ruled anything out.average build bit husky chubby
Apr 13, 2016
134 posts
18 upvotes
You may be experiencing high blood sugars .
It may be diabetes and if untreated, when you eat carbs, they turn into sugars.
If Diabetic, no insulin means the carbs shoot your blood glucose up very fast.
How long do the effects last?
Did they check your BG at the hospital?
[OP]
Nov 4, 2019
5 posts
Im pretty sure they checked my BC and it was fine. The symptoms last depending on the severity. Lately because I've been eating better when I slip up and eat to much junk one day it will last an hour or 2 but when I was still figuring this out and eating outfood, beer, pop in alot more concentration I would be hyperventilating and figiting my arms and head with these spasms feeling crazy body anxiety and dizzy for a whole day until the symptoms would stop!
Deal Fanatic
Jun 19, 2001
7989 posts
1633 upvotes
New signup and starts with a thread lilke this...how many ids have you used to start threads op? edit looks a lot like the new user posting in auto yesterday too hmmm

Dont get trolled...
Last edited by zoro69 on Nov 7th, 2019 10:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
May 14, 2009
5697 posts
796 upvotes
Imetvegeta wrote:
Nov 6th, 2019 12:35 am
Fruits and vegetables don't give me symptoms. Im 5 foot 9 215 pounds. Doctors haven't ruled anything out.average build bit husky chubby
If the carbohydrates in produce don’t bother you, perhaps it’s not a problem with one specific macronutrient.
[OP]
Nov 4, 2019
5 posts
I think produce isok because it has fiber in it.bit I can't tolerate simple carbs or sugar feels like I'm going to go unconscious this is brutal....
Jan 1, 2017
677 posts
507 upvotes
Imetvegeta wrote:
Nov 7th, 2019 1:12 am
I think produce isok because it has fiber in it.bit I can't tolerate simple carbs or sugar feels like I'm going to go unconscious this is brutal....
Go see your family doctor ASAP.