Tags:
None
Deal Fanatic
Jun 7, 2008
5064 posts
2638 upvotes
Toronto

Need help finding a camera :)

I have a no idea what to look for when buying cameras so any input would be appreciated.

First of all I'm looking for something capable of shooting high quality video. For this should I just straight up get a camcorder? Or are there capable dslr out there? I'd prefer to get a dslr because of the flexibility of taking awesome pictures.

Mostly looking to shoot videos for YouTube. Using a garbage canon 12mp point and shoot right now and the quality is fine but obviously not comparable to what everyone else has.

Budget is kinda tight, looking to spend under 500. Camera doesn't have to be current gen or have a touch screen or any of that fancy stuff.

Thanks in advance :)
Current KOODO customer😎
5 replies
Dec 4, 2010
535 posts
269 upvotes
Montreal
Sony A33 - can be found for under $400.
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2011
2442 posts
399 upvotes
Toronto
randomkidx wrote: I have a no idea what to look for when buying cameras so any input would be appreciated.

First of all I'm looking for something capable of shooting high quality video. For this should I just straight up get a camcorder? Or are there capable dslr out there? I'd prefer to get a dslr because of the flexibility of taking awesome pictures.

Mostly looking to shoot videos for YouTube. Using a garbage canon 12mp point and shoot right now and the quality is fine but obviously not comparable to what everyone else has.

Budget is kinda tight, looking to spend under 500. Camera doesn't have to be current gen or have a touch screen or any of that fancy stuff.

Thanks in advance :)
Canon t2i, t3i or t4i, excellent starter camera, shoots wonderful video, great price too
Deal Fanatic
Jun 7, 2008
5064 posts
2638 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks for the help guys, I think I'm gona just take the plunge for the t4i. Hopefully it comes back on sale for 650 again with the lens
Current KOODO customer😎
Deal Addict
Jun 11, 2007
1502 posts
60 upvotes
Brampton
for the video part, you are comfortable with Manual focusing? if so, pretty much all Canon & nikon can't do continuous focus, the T4i can, but just very slow.

I would suggest, getting something like a G5, or Sony NEX, these two do really good video, they obviously do continuous video focus
FS: Continental-Barum Bravuris 2 - 1x 255/35/18
I don't worship lenses, nor do I see the 3 primes as a "trinity"
there is only one Holy Trinity and they certainly aren't lenses

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)