Need help for marketing and sales

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 23rd, 2012 9:36 pm
Dec 12, 2012
1 posts
MONTR

Need help for marketing and sales

Hi everyone,

I am a student here in Montreal. My family owns a garment factory back in my country. Lately, i have taken a close look at the family business and it happens to deal with canadian importer/distributors. Few supplier here in Montreal order for companies like Rona, STM, and few other large corporations and make their uniforms like t-shirts, polos, shirts etc. by us. I will finish my last semester this month. Therefore, I would like to know if anyone could guide/help me in how to get startef and ESPECIALLY with the marketing plan. So overall i want to get my import license and directly sell the products to end users or large companies. How do i start marketing plan to get the clients?

Thanks in advance for your help friends!
5 replies
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2010
1726 posts
723 upvotes
Your asking people how to start a marketing plan and get clients?

People go to school for that.. It's not just like googling something
Deal Addict
Oct 29, 2010
4475 posts
811 upvotes
You would probably need to find out what your competition does and what is the general way of doing business in your field and then it's all about making phone calls to companies and offering your services. You will probably have to be very creative cause the bigger the company, the harder it is to get to someone that makes decisions and can actually talk to you.

For example, i get about 10 calls per day of companies trying to sell me stuff. It's very hard for them to get me to listen to what they say and hear anything but "i'm not interested, thank you".
Oct 12, 2011
412 posts
33 upvotes
this world is not about how much schooling of or much we can tell you, its about connections and who you know. my partner and I do trading also and guess what... we tried selling printer toners to larger companies and after contacting them we did not get any calls back nor anything. then my partner asked a friend to help, within a week we sold stuff to universities and colleges and school boards. connections, connections, connections.
"Your Day To Day Communications" Authorized Wholesaler Of Teksavvy :arrow: :arrow: Tune In For Promos - $5 Off Unlimited - $10 Off Shipping :arrowl: :arrowl: :!: :!: Free VOIP Homephone (Unlimited Canada Wide) With Unlimited Internet :!: :!:
Dec 15, 2011
152 posts
14 upvotes
Toronto
I think you should go back to school and study marketing. While you're back in school get a part-time job in sales to gain some practical experience.
Aug 30, 2012
13 posts
1 upvote
Richmond Hill
1.In the first place do a detailed market research in your line of products which will help you to understand the market.
2.Try to understand whom you can sell your products in the supply chain.
3.Approach them and try to meet them and be prepared to do presentation and offer them something interesting which they will get attracted to.
4.Keep repeating this process.