• Nov 10th, 2015 12:16 am
Tags:
None
Deal Fanatic
Aug 9, 2009
6245 posts
1779 upvotes

Need help with raid 0

EDIT: So it looks like for some reason after windows was installed, it make a exact same volume partition on the HDD as the SSD... Not sure why, but it looks like my Raid 0 ssd is indeed the one that has windows installed...

However, im getting terrible benchmarks, only getting 200mbps read and under 100mbps write... other people online are getting between 500-700... I'd be happy with 400...

Any ideas as to why?

So i got a revodrive x2 from a friend and im trying to install windows on it.

Initially I couldn't get windows 7 install to recognize the drive, after i found that i needed to load the drivers, which I did, it installed fine.

Initially it was showing two 49.6gb drives during windows install until i installed the drivers for it to show the combined 111gb...

After i finished installing windows. I noticed that I have a 111gb partition PLUS another 49.6gb partition... this doesn't make sense to me. Where did the extra 49.6gb come from? it sounds like its part of the raid.

I've attached a screenshot showing the 111gb partition and another HDD, plus a third partition showing 49.6gb... where is that last one coming from? is it from the revo drive or the HDD?

6 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 23, 2013
1268 posts
82 upvotes
Vaughan
Don't you need to combine them in the bios? Did you use an open rom utility?
Deal Fanatic
Aug 9, 2009
6245 posts
1779 upvotes
marcodt wrote: Don't you need to combine them in the bios? Did you use an open rom utility?
Yes I did combine them in bios prior to installing windows.

Also disk management doesn't specify the physical drive that the partition is on?

Also I ran crystal disk and getting terrible results. 200 read and less than 100 write
Deal Addict
Feb 23, 2007
1662 posts
560 upvotes
Toronto
azncapcom wrote: Also disk management doesn't specify the physical drive that the partition is on?
If you right click where it says disk 0 or disk 1, you can go to details and hardware id. For example, my disk 0 says intel raid 0 volume.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 9, 2009
6245 posts
1779 upvotes
LKane1 wrote: If you right click where it says disk 0 or disk 1, you can go to details and hardware id. For example, my disk 0 says intel raid 0 volume.
I believe I did check the details and it listed both the pcie ssd and the HDD in every partition. Maybe I went to the wrong area. I'll double check when I get home.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 9, 2009
6245 posts
1779 upvotes
updated OP.

So it looks like for some reason after windows was installed, it make a exact same volume partition on the HDD as the SSD... Not sure why, but it looks like my Raid 0 ssd is indeed the one that has windows installed...

However, im getting terrible benchmarks, only getting 200mbps read and under 100mbps write... other people online are getting between 500-700... I'd be happy with 400...

Any ideas as to why?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)