Cell Phones

Need Help Setting Up Wind Mobile - Freedom Mobile - Data Only Plan on my Cell Phone

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 5th, 2017 12:24 pm
Feb 7, 2017
5 posts
1 upvote

Need Help Setting Up Wind Mobile - Freedom Mobile - Data Only Plan on my Cell Phone

Have an older Wind phone and I am trying to use it with the Wind Data Only plan but I can't set up the APN properly. Can somebody help?

It is a Wind phone, Nexus 5. Works fine with the Voice Plan Sim. How do I set the APN? Thanks
12 replies
Feb 7, 2017
5 posts
1 upvote
I have seen those. I need to set up the data only sim on my cell phone. I crated a broadband.windmobile.ca apn but it does not seem to work.
Oct 17, 2016
330 posts
82 upvotes
Use the internet.windmobile.ca APN, the broadband APN does not work on cell phones
Currently a Freedom Mobile customer on the Everywhere50 plan with the $10 3gb data addon with free canada and usa roaming.
Deal Expert
Dec 12, 2009
29536 posts
20456 upvotes
Cell phone plans use internet.windmobile.ca. Data only plans use broadband.windmobile.ca. Best solution is to call the provider and ask for help.
Feb 7, 2017
5 posts
1 upvote
I am trying to setup the data only plan on a cell phone, Nexus 5. Has anybody done that and can you walk me through it ? Thanks
Deal Addict
Apr 18, 2009
3991 posts
1127 upvotes
Toronto
try this:
broadband.windmobile.ca

and then set the apn type to (exactly as below):
default,dun
Jul 10, 2006
441 posts
113 upvotes
Toronto
I have a nexus 5 with data only plan. Works with broadband.windmobile.ca and apntype=default,dun. On another phone same data plan data works on the phone but wifi tethering off the same phone has no data connection. Anybody seen this before?
Jul 10, 2006
441 posts
113 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks. The phone works with wifi tethering. I can get this phone to work with a voice+data sim. But I can't get this working with data-only sim with the settings I provided.

The link to Howard forums is only for voice+data sim, not dat-only sim
Deal Fanatic
Apr 20, 2011
7747 posts
2750 upvotes
ON
Sounds like you've tried every possible setting - I'd just call them and ask.
I haven't heard much about the data-only plan. I know they don't block tethering for phone plans, but are they blocking for the data plans? (do they even have the ability to do so? I don't know..)