PC & Video Games

need help with xbox (modders please take notice)

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 23rd, 2004 8:25 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Fanatic
May 8, 2002
5863 posts
2612 upvotes

need help with xbox (modders please take notice)

i have a modded xbox, and while transferring files, i accidentally deleted everyhting in the e: drive, which is where all my apps were. now i am reinstalling the ones i need one by one.

after i upload xbmc back to its original location, it won't load from evox anymore. when i select it, it goes to the loading screen, and then it just hangs forever.

someone with modding/xbox homebrew please point me in the right direction.

thanks
6 replies
Deal Fanatic
Aug 18, 2003
6288 posts
10 upvotes
Waterloo
Try the forums at xbox-scene.org.

Any issue you may run into will be answered there. If it's not answered there then no one here will be able to help. ;)
Deal Guru
May 23, 2003
10229 posts
1652 upvotes
GTA
Try checking if you have an XBMC save (i.e. under the "blocks" manager thing built into the xbox microsoft dash). I think there are 2 xbmc saves generated. Try deleting those and see if it fixes your problem.
Deal Fanatic
May 8, 2002
5863 posts
2612 upvotes
problem solved now, i got the slayer disc and wiped and reinstalled everything, works great now (except that i have no more saves)
Banned
May 31, 2004
170 posts
joshmxpx wrote:problem solved now, i got the slayer disc and wiped and reinstalled everything, works great now (except that i have no more saves)
which version of Slayers do you use? Which drive do you dump your games to? How do you transfer your games? Do you do it via ftp? Or do you have your games on DVD-R?
Deal Fanatic
May 8, 2002
5863 posts
2612 upvotes
atomic fire wrote:which version of Slayers do you use? Which drive do you dump your games to? How do you transfer your games? Do you do it via ftp? Or do you have your games on DVD-R?
i have the newest vers. 2.6, you can get it off ******** or any other torrent site. all my games are backed up on dvd-r, and if i was to transfer them off my hd drive, yes i would do it through ftp
Deal Guru
Oct 17, 2001
11978 posts
115 upvotes
Yeah Slayers rule.
If nothing else works, try a Slayers re-install.
I always back up my E: drive for my gamesaves. The most important partition on the Xbox as it has your music and gamesaves.