• Last Updated:
  • Jul 21st, 2012 1:14 pm
Tags:
None
Jun 30, 2010
603 posts
58 upvotes

Need an incoming fax service

Hi. I need a local incoming fax number. Any recommendations? I was checking out HelloFax which for 4.99/month using your computer gives you 50 fax pages/month (incoming and outgoing both?). Any other alternatives? It's going to be for a small business so not many faxes will be sent/received in a month anyways.

Does FPL provide a fax number? If yes, are there charges? how much? I couldn't find any detail on their website regarding fax services.
11 replies
Deal Expert
Apr 16, 2001
16514 posts
3319 upvotes
In my case, FPL saves faxes in PDF format on their server for later retrieval. I've never tested trying to receive one with a fax machine.
Jun 30, 2010
603 posts
58 upvotes
JAC wrote: In my case, FPL saves faxes in PDF format on their server for later retrieval. I've never tested trying to receive one with a fax machine.
Thats fine, i can always print out the pdf files. But does fpl give you a local fax number for incoming. If yes, do you have a link to their service? I cant find it on their site. Thanks.
Deal Addict
Feb 14, 2009
2237 posts
143 upvotes
I used efax.com not too bad but not free.....
Deal Expert
Mar 18, 2005
23686 posts
5125 upvotes
Niagara Falls
Personally I use SRFAX for my small business. You should be able to get a local number without issue. I got a toll free number and it has worked flawlessly for me so far.

3.29 a month for 25 incoming or outgoing.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 20, 2009
8862 posts
2693 upvotes
Vancouver
OneSuite Fax (https://www.onesuite.com/products_OneSuiteFax.asp), $2.95/month unlimited incoming fax-to-email and unlimited outgoing fax via internet. Last I saw they only have U.S. phone numbers, but they have an open offer to attempt to obtain a local phone number for you in any area (including Canada). We just use a U.S. number - nobody really cares these days where the number is in North America when they send a fax.
Deal Expert
Apr 16, 2001
16514 posts
3319 upvotes
xtwo wrote: Thats fine, i can always print out the pdf files. But does fpl give you a local fax number for incoming. If yes, do you have a link to their service? I cant find it on their site. Thanks.

I've never read anything fax-specific about FPL numbers; it just works on the generic FPL line I have. It's free to use, so you could always get a number and do some testing. You can also check the forums to see if there's any info there.

http://forum.fongo.com/
Deal Addict
Mar 6, 2002
1359 posts
717 upvotes
Vancouver
I use kall8.com. Monthly cost is $2 for a toll free number and 7 cents for each page of fax received. Prices are in US. I only receive about 10-20 pages each month so this has worked out the best for me. Been using this for over 2 years.
Fax received is in PDF format sent to email.

For outgoing, you can buy a cheap fax machine and use your current phone line or use a free online fax sending service (advertisement on sent fax)
Nov 7, 2004
806 posts
58 upvotes
Vancouver
I use Myfax.com for my work fax.
Send 100 pages, receive 200 pages per month - $10usd per month (works out to around $11 something after tax).

I wish it was the other way around cause I usually send close to 200 pages per month and receive maybe 100 pages a month, so I typically have to pay a little more per month.
Jun 7, 2006
215 posts
8 upvotes
Surprised nobody told you about http://www.metrofax.com
It is by far the BEST fax service doller for doller. Can anyone show me a better/cheaper fax alternative that provides you with outgoing as well? I hate getting charged for outgoing... so far I found metro to be the best, they even came up with an app that lets you fax from your phone too. Pretty sweet.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)