• Last Updated:
  • Jun 14th, 2018 10:29 am
[OP]
Sep 28, 2016
14 posts
Newmarket, ON

Need Italian Visa ASAP

Hi Everyone,

Me and my friend bought flight tickets to Italy for mid-august. But the Italian consulate of Toronto is fully booked until September! We don’t mind paying more to get the visa before mid-august.

We googled and found some Visa Express service http://www.torontovisaexpress.com. They told us they have appointment next week but they sounded a bit sketchy.

Do you guys know any other ways to get the visa on time?

Thanks a million!
18 replies
Deal Addict
Jun 15, 2015
1573 posts
723 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
MicroDevelopment wrote:
Jun 9th, 2018 11:12 am
Hi Everyone,

Me and my friend bought flight tickets to Italy for mid-august. But the Italian consulate of Toronto is fully booked until September! We don’t mind paying more to get the visa before mid-august.

We googled and found some Visa Express service http://www.torontovisaexpress.com. They told us they have appointment next week but they sounded a bit sketchy.

Thanks a million!
What type of visa are you looking for? (Work? Study?)
&
What kind of passport are you travelling with?
[OP]
Sep 28, 2016
14 posts
Newmarket, ON
BrunetteGirl wrote:
Jun 9th, 2018 11:24 am
What type of visa are you looking for? (Work? Study?)
&
What kind of passport are you travelling with?
Short Stay Travel Visa with a Chinese Passport
Deal Addict
Jun 15, 2015
1573 posts
723 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
MicroDevelopment wrote:
Jun 9th, 2018 11:29 am
Short Stay Travel Visa with a Chinese Passport
Do you have a PR card? How long are you staying for?

This is a good site to tell you what you need:
https://www.skyteam.com/en/flights-and- ... nd-health/

**I know my friend who has a passport from Hong Kong did not need a visa. Also in the worst case scenario you could stay the 90 days and then exit the EU for a few days and then re-enter Italy.
Last edited by BrunetteGirl on Jun 9th, 2018 11:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jul 22, 2009
751 posts
157 upvotes
Brampton
if you are Canadian you don't need visa for visit
[OP]
Sep 28, 2016
14 posts
Newmarket, ON
She is a Chinese citizen with a Permanant Resident status in Canada. So she needs a visa :(
Jan 12, 2005
477 posts
65 upvotes
If you are sure that she needs a visa, have you thought about the embassy in Ottawa or the consulate in Montreal?
Deal Addict
Jan 9, 2011
2521 posts
2032 upvotes
Vancouver
MicroDevelopment wrote:
Hi Everyone,

Me and my friend bought flight tickets to Italy for mid-august. But the Italian consulate of Toronto is fully booked until September!
That's crazy that the earliest appointment is 3 months away. Visas must be applied for *within* 3 months of the travel date.
Deal Addict
Oct 2, 2006
3443 posts
365 upvotes
You can get a Schengen visa from any Schengen-member country. I'm not sure if there is a requirement that it has to be issued from the country you'll spend time in.
[OP]
Sep 28, 2016
14 posts
Newmarket, ON
Kiraly wrote:
Jun 9th, 2018 1:04 pm
That's crazy that the earliest appointment is 3 months away. Visas must be applied for *within* 3 months of the travel date.
Exactly
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2011
3242 posts
969 upvotes
Mississauga
Gotta love that European work ethic...
Deal Addict
Jan 9, 2011
2521 posts
2032 upvotes
Vancouver
heymikey wrote:
Jun 9th, 2018 1:38 pm
You can get a Schengen visa from any Schengen-member country. I'm not sure if there is a requirement that it has to be issued from the country you'll spend time in.
There is. But maybe the consulate of another Schengen country can help if the OP calls and explains the situation.
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2006
3946 posts
439 upvotes
Toronto
MicroDevelopment wrote:
Hi Everyone,

Thanks a million!
i have some experiences with Visas. For the Italy one, you just need to book whatever is available now. Check everyday to see if someone cancelled. I remember my trip last yr was in June and there was only an appointment at the end of May which was not enough time. But i kept checking and someone cancelled an appointment in April and i took it right away. So lucky me i guess. Another way to do it is book a stopover to a schengen country before or after Italy. If it is a longer stay than Italy then you can apply from that embassy instead.

@Kiraly They don't do it like that. i have asked before. they should have booked the appointment first before booking the trip. Other schengen countries will not help you since you are not going to their country.
My Heatware no posting contact info in your sig
Deal Addict
Oct 25, 2009
3876 posts
1091 upvotes
Moncton
BrunetteGirl wrote:
Jun 9th, 2018 11:35 am
Having a Canadian PR card doesn’t give any travelling privileges other than visa-free entry to Canada.
Toronto is a very small part of Canada
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2006
3946 posts
439 upvotes
Toronto
BrunetteGirl wrote:
Jun 9th, 2018 11:35 am

This is a good site to tell you what you need:
https://www.skyteam.com/en/flights-and- ... nd-health/

**I know my friend who has a passport from Hong Kong did not need a visa. Also in the worst case scenario you could stay the 90 days and then exit the EU for a few days and then re-enter Italy.
hong kong passport is different than chinese passport. And also PR card doesn't mean anything to foreign country. it's the passport you are holding that matters. If you are holding chinese passport, you will need a visa to a lot of places in the world. I have applied it many times since my gf has chinese passport.
My Heatware no posting contact info in your sig

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)