Automotive

Need opinion on this dashcam footage... Please PM me?

• Last Updated:
  • May 26th, 2014 4:39 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Expert
Jul 22, 2006
22438 posts
3065 upvotes

Need opinion on this dashcam footage... Please PM me?

Curious what you think like who was at fault? Did the driver do it on purpose? etc

Thanks

345 replies
Deal Addict
Sep 26, 2013
3725 posts
479 upvotes
MONTR
just put up the dashcam vide in the dashcam vide thread brah.
Deal Addict
Feb 17, 2012
2100 posts
797 upvotes
ORLEANS
I would like to see video pm me please
Deal Expert
Jul 22, 2006
22438 posts
3065 upvotes
Replied to some more PMs
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2007
21264 posts
6247 upvotes
Poormond Hill
Me too.
A life spent making mistakes is not only more memorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 4, 2008
7664 posts
10947 upvotes
Scarbs
i'll take a gander
Deal Fanatic
Nov 4, 2008
7664 posts
10947 upvotes
Scarbs
It's hard to analyze depth in a dashcam vid, but I'd say you put a good distance between the two of you. There was no stop sign (or any other reason for stopping), and they braked pretty hard pretty suddenly. With that said, if the left was clear, you could've pulled out.

Also, they got out of the car pretty quickly after the collision; kind of like a good old fashioned staged brake check.

What was going on in front of the pickup?
Deal Expert
Jul 22, 2006
22438 posts
3065 upvotes
^
Yeah the driver said I was tail gating. And I couldn't react fast enough to move left... The first time I stopped second time nope
Deal Expert
Jul 22, 2006
22438 posts
3065 upvotes
Is it always the person who hits from behind at fault?
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2007
21264 posts
6247 upvotes
Poormond Hill
george__ wrote: Your inbox is full
Sent it again. I just removed some.
A life spent making mistakes is not only more memorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing.
Deal Addict
Feb 17, 2012
2100 posts
797 upvotes
ORLEANS
george__ wrote: Is it always the person who hits from behind at fault?
it looks like he braked to a stop on purpose to make u hit him. hard to judge how much distance between u and him. what did cop say?

when the truck was passing u on the solid lines was it the same truck?
Deal Expert
Jul 22, 2006
22438 posts
3065 upvotes
Palidino wrote: it looks like he braked to a stop on purpose to make u hit him. hard to judge how much distance between u and him. what did cop say?
He didn't didn't want to see my footage... Just gave me a ticket (which I will fight) and the other guy nothing....

Also that truck that passed on the solid line was the same truck
sandikosh wrote: Sent it again. I just removed some.
sent
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2007
21264 posts
6247 upvotes
Poormond Hill
You are at fault. Camera footage doesn't show anything in front of the truck. Truck driver could claim that he had to brake for any reason. Also your footage shows that just before impact, your car wasn't decelerating fast enough to show that you were braking. And yes, you was following too close.
Deal Expert
Jul 22, 2006
22438 posts
3065 upvotes
sandikosh wrote: you are at fault. Camera footage doesn't show anything in front of the truck. Truck driver could claim that he had to brake for any reason. Also your footage shows that just before impact, your car wasn't decelerating fast enough to show that you were braking. And yes, you was following too close.
k. Thanks :)

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)