Need some advice to which Scarborough Vet to visit

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 2nd, 2017 11:18 am
[OP]
Sep 1, 2016
19 posts
7 upvotes

Need some advice to which Scarborough Vet to visit

I think one of my cats is sick. This morning he vomited his food and seemed lack of energy, Not sure if has something to do with he caught 2 flies 2 days ago and ate them?(he got dewarmed in April)

I took my cats annual check up at Brimley/Lawrence vet, but people told me they are only good for regular check up. Could anyone pls refer a good Scarborough Vet with also a reasonable price? DO I also need to bring the vomit for check up? ANy experience pet owner know roughly how much the check up bill will cost? I got my cats a yr ago , they were feral cats I adopted from the street.

Any advice will be much appreciated!
4 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 31, 2007
3814 posts
525 upvotes
Richmond Hill
jenniferz wrote:
Oct 18th, 2017 5:31 pm
I think one of my cats is sick. This morning he vomited his food and seemed lack of energy, Not sure if has something to do with he caught 2 flies 2 days ago and ate them?(he got dewarmed in April)

I took my cats annual check up at Brimley/Lawrence vet, but people told me they are only good for regular check up. Could anyone pls refer a good Scarborough Vet with also a reasonable price? DO I also need to bring the vomit for check up? ANy experience pet owner know roughly how much the check up bill will cost? I got my cats a yr ago , they were feral cats I adopted from the street.

I would suggest bringing them to your annual vet as a start since they already have some sort of history. They will tell you what the next steps should be. If after that you find the experience lacking, then shop around for a new vet.

There is no point in changing vets based on hearsay of other people.
[OP]
Sep 1, 2016
19 posts
7 upvotes
enwhyRFD wrote:
Oct 24th, 2017 4:06 pm
I would suggest bringing them to your annual vet as a start since they already have some sort of history. They will tell you what the next steps should be. If after that you find the experience lacking, then shop around for a new vet.

There is no point in changing vets based on hearsay of other people.
thank you dear! actually my cat was fine the next day. I noticed he ate some of my plastic toy as it was in the vomit. he is a happy active boy again!
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2013
1256 posts
660 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
jenniferz wrote:
Oct 18th, 2017 5:31 pm

I use Birchmount animal hospital. They are very good there and highly regarded...
Nov 7, 2012
657 posts
231 upvotes
TORONTO
I've taken my dog and cat to that vet. They're great! The prices are reasonable. My cat got sick a few years ago and had to stay a week. He recovered and though it was expensive, it wasn't as expensive as going to a pet hospital.