I was just wondering if I could get anyone's thoughts on my resume. I'm going to be finishing school this summer so I don't really have that much experience except for some volunteer and some work.study hours. I'm basically targeting any entry-level position I can get. The forum is not letting post the attachment so please find it below, the dates and format is much better then what you see......
Thank you so Much!!!!
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
A proactive and driven individual with the proven ability to adapt quickly to challenges. Excellent organization and time management skills with a professional and energetic work attitude. Exceptional research and problem solving skills as well as strong interpersonal communication skills, both written and verbal. Committed to professional development and volunteerism
Accounting & Finance Graduate Certificate – Currently enrolled
Ryerson University - Toronto ON 2011
Bachelors of Arts, Major in Political Science
University of Western Ontario - London ON 2011
Ontario Secondary School Diploma with Honours & Ontario Scholar
Blessed Mother Theresa C.S.S - Toronto ON 2006
Department of Social Sciences: Work Study Office Assistant - 2009/10
University of Western Ontario – London ON
• Advised students with various academic concerns and answered questions regarding registration procedures and general policies contributing to overall efficiency and productivity during student registration season.
• Promoted and encouraged students to use on-line university resources through display booths relieving councillors of less serious matters.
• Assist councillors in providing efficient services to students by performing general office duties as well as scheduling appointments in an organized and timely manner.
Software Production Coordinator - 2008
Harris Corporation – Toronto, ON
• Produced and organized client software packages for various international and domestic clients according to their specific needs while meeting client deadlines and achieving management quarter-end profit expectations.
• Collected and maintained detailed and accurate client information in an organized and timely manner using Microsoft Word, Excel and Oracle databases creating increased efficiency for staff members
• Communicated with and advised various clients in methods of identifying issues regarding software packages while providing solutions for such issues until client satisfaction achieved.
Customer Service Representative - 2008
Microsoft Xbox Canada – Toronto, ON
• Provided technical support to Xbox gamers across North America in a prompt, professional and courteous manner while up-selling Microsoft products and services
• Collaborated with client care division to help resolve any client issues in a timely manner.
Daycare Improvement Project Volunteer - 2011
Base Camp International Centers – Lima, Peru
• Coordinated and assisted in the renovation of two government sponsored daycares with university students from across Canada improving the conditions of both facilities and ensuring the environment where children learn and play is safe and comfortable
University of Western Ontario, Service Learning Volunteer - 2010
Student Leadership Programme - London, ON
• Received a letter of accomplishment in student leadership by attending workshops to develop skills and capabilities of effective leaders such as time management, assertiveness and effective communication as well as assist in workshops sharing experiences with freshmen while promoting commitment to integrity, diversity, teamwork, and accountability.
Division Manager, Youth Soccer Coach - 2009/2010
Islamic Soccer League - Toronto, ON
• Facilitated and monitored youth boys division ages 9-10, addressing on-field issues as well as setting division goals to develop athletes while building character and civic values
• In pursuit of a Chartered Accountant designation
• Health & Wellness
• Canadian Politics & Global issues
REFERENCES AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST
Aug 5th, 2011 11:42 PM #1
- Join Date
- Aug 31st, 2010
Need Some Help Critiquing My Resume PLEASE!!!!
Sponsored Links - Join the RedFlagDeals.com community and remove this ad.
Aug 5th, 2011 11:59 PM #2
- Join Date
- May 19th, 2011
Only glanced through it, but some things I've noticed are such as..
Take out your high school education - it's a given and no one cares what highschool you went to when you already have a bachelor degree
Be more specific on your employment duration - for instance, instead of "Work Study Office Assistant - 2009/10", make it "Work Study Office Assistant - September 2009 - April 2010"
Inconsistent grammar - make sure all verbs are past tense (only if they are indeed past experience) to be consistent throughout - the third point under your first experience is inconsistent
Otherwise content looks good!
Good luck in whatever you're applying for.
Aug 6th, 2011 08:25 AM #3
- Join Date
- Mar 7th, 2010
I would avoid self-ascribed descriptors...'exceptional problem solving' ....where? Don't embellish. Be factual.
Aug 6th, 2011 11:12 PM #4
- Join Date
- Jul 30th, 2011
Look at every statement on your resume and ask yourself, if I were questioned about this point could I easily answer and validate this information, you should be able to do so. If you can't in an interview it looks bad.
When you refer to things like deadlines, profit expectations, or client expectations, try to provide numbers. Numbers are important, it shows value that you have added in the past, and past performance is the best indicator of future performance in the eyes of many people involved with hiring.
Aug 7th, 2011 07:19 AM #5
- Join Date
- Nov 2nd, 2009
Ditto to removing the high school. No one really cares given you have a bachelors. Didn't read the rest.
Aug 10th, 2011 05:50 PM #6
- Join Date
- Aug 10th, 2011
As others have said, remove the high school. Where is your objective? The summary seems to be over bragging if you ask me. Put more emphasizes on the job accomplishments if they are related to whatever job your applying for.