• Nov 16th, 2004 12:38 am
Tags:
None
Banned
Jan 3, 2004
2852 posts
9 upvotes
James_Bond wrote: :( :(
I got the game too. The game locks up on my when I try to enter a race. I get into the game just fine. Even if I drop the settings(graphics) It still freezes on me. Anyone know why? I easily have the requirments for this game. 2.8 gig cpu, 1 gig ram, 64mb video.
Theres a patch for the game. Download it and try it.
Banned
Jan 3, 2004
2852 posts
9 upvotes
jollyeskimo wrote:Definitely much longer....I'm on my third sponsorship contract...and it requires me to do like 5 sponsored races and then 30 other races of my choice. It's a crapload of races, but they pay great.
lmao i still drive the 86 corolla. Rapeing them skylines....

3rd contract now. I have a escalade which i dont use, IS 300 and the corolla.

I wonder were can i get the rx.
Deal Expert
Aug 26, 2001
18145 posts
1741 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
Doesn't seem to be much improved over the first one, as far as the graphics engine is concerned.

Of course the menu structure and gameplay were changed quite a bit, for the better I think. But the "NPC" cars still look like sht..
Deal Addict
Jul 25, 2003
2312 posts
78 upvotes
Mississauga
James_Bond wrote: :( :(
I got the game too. The game locks up on my when I try to enter a race. I get into the game just fine. Even if I drop the settings(graphics) It still freezes on me. Anyone know why? I easily have the requirments for this game. 2.8 gig cpu, 1 gig ram, 64mb video.
Same here! It starts off okay when burke is talking then it just goes weird and crashes arrrhhhhh. 7 hour download for nothing! :mad:
Banned
Jan 3, 2004
2852 posts
9 upvotes
rookie wrote:Same here! It starts off okay when burke is talking then it just goes weird and crashes arrrhhhhh. 7 hour download for nothing! :mad:
... THe SOLUtion is right on my post! I SAID UPDATE IT with version 1.1 patch....

Man read!
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2003
1418 posts
495 upvotes
Toronto
if you really wanna enjoy this game, then get a logitech momo wheel! I'm loving it!
Deal Addict
Oct 8, 2004
1107 posts
2 upvotes
GVR
jollyeskimo wrote:Image

now if only my rig wouldn't chug at these visual settings...

good old 240sx lasted me quite a while until everyone else started having way better cars.....I wanted to do the is300, but the rx8 was just so beautiful
(drooooooooooooool)
dude i just got the 3rd conract, i choose sparco.
i unlocked the cars upto the audi tt
can believe i blew 10 g on the is300
DAMNITYDAMN
well heres my old one, i got a is300 right now waiting for that rx8 :twisted: , i just put that vinyl on for fun lol
RFD REPRESENT
Deal Fanatic
Apr 8, 2004
5823 posts
30 upvotes
Markham
Ditched this one because it doesn't handle great or go very fast...looks slick though.

lancer evoVIII...doesn't look like much but it's great for drag:
Image Image Image

I'm on the 5th sponsorship with Bilstein, just spent around 30-40g's on that evo for drag.....the funny thing is that the game stats say that I've barely finished 50% of the game...
Deal Addict
Oct 8, 2004
1107 posts
2 upvotes
GVR
dude u play to much, im at 25%
Deal Expert
Aug 26, 2001
18145 posts
1741 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
I'd say its a pretty fun game, but the music really sucks. The first actually had some good songs. The ones in NFSU2 are all... bleh.

I think they broke the tradition of good car racing games having good music... GTA:VC, NFSU, etc...
Feb 15, 2004
68 posts
2 upvotes
Ottawa
I updaeted my game already. It still crashes. I took the graphics down to nothing and the game loads plays for 5 sec and then crashes again. wtf!!! I'm going to have to go out and buy the console one now if this dosen't work. Any more ideas. I've updated my video card drivers all I could. I have a p4 2.8 1 gig ram, 64 mb mobile radion 9000. What's up????
Deal Addict
Feb 3, 2003
2100 posts
9 upvotes
I now have a fully upgraded Audi TT and Evo, a stupid escalade with all the options to increase star ratings and no performance gains, and a stock GTO that I don't have any money to play with.

I think there is a problem with upgrading cars. There is no real performance incentive to upgrade to a newer car, after you get soem decent ones. The Audi TT is just as good as the EVO that I got after signing the third contract.

I love the game, played it waaaay too many hours yesterday. It is much longer than NFSUG1, perhaps because they make you drive around to get from race to race, instead of just transporting you to the race location. This is interesting, and exploring allows you to find races that don't show up on your map, but eventually it gets annoying to take 5 mins to drive somewhere for a race, and then drive back for a magazine photo shoot or something.

I am at min visual settigns which SUCKS, but the game is still so much fun!
Deal Fanatic
Oct 26, 2003
7174 posts
217 upvotes
Nepean
when do I get my Turbo? after the first contract? hehe

I already got all my lvl 1 upgrades cept for Turbo
Deal Addict
Oct 8, 2004
1107 posts
2 upvotes
GVR
James_Bond wrote:I updaeted my game already. It still crashes. I took the graphics down to nothing and the game loads plays for 5 sec and then crashes again. wtf!!! I'm going to have to go out and buy the console one now if this dosen't work. Any more ideas. I've updated my video card drivers all I could. I have a p4 2.8 1 gig ram, 64 mb mobile radion 9000. What's up????
delete the warez and go buy it :twisted:
Deal Addict
Feb 10, 2004
1028 posts
205 upvotes
Toronto
sorry to jack the thread... but does anyone know when the release date is for the console version of this game is? ebgames.com lists it as the 15th but i was there today and they didn't have it...
Deal Fanatic
May 28, 2002
8423 posts
312 upvotes
Kitchener
Very cool game, a lot of improvements and addons over the first one.

Right now have a 400ish HP Supra and am probabably done 50-70% of the game.
Jul 15, 2003
910 posts
554 upvotes
GTA, Ontario
stutterboi wrote:sorry to jack the thread... but does anyone know when the release date is for the console version of this game is? ebgames.com lists it as the 15th but i was there today and they didn't have it...
17th if I remember correctly.

Good game, those hidden races are much better since you get around 3 times as much money if you win. Also, when you drive around, you can challenge other racers, which I thought was interesting, but it was always the same type, maybe it changes later? I'm only around 18%... some of you play too much :cheesygri
Deal Fanatic
Apr 8, 2004
5823 posts
30 upvotes
Markham
man these things are hideous...

somehow I get the feeling that I finished this game a bit too quickly
Deal Addict
Aug 26, 2002
2481 posts
14 upvotes
stutterboi wrote:sorry to jack the thread... but does anyone know when the release date is for the console version of this game is? ebgames.com lists it as the 15th but i was there today and they didn't have it...
EB called today, and it is in.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)