Parenting & Family

Need suggestions for a good ultrasound centre/technician in Central/ East end Toronto

• Last Updated:
  • May 17th, 2011 10:56 am
Nov 16, 2008
251 posts
6 upvotes
GTA

Need suggestions for a good ultrasound centre/technician in Central/ East end Toronto

It might sound like a noob question, but we are expecting and would do a dating scan in the next few weeks. Please suggest a good ultrasound centre with good technicians. If you can even refer the ones you have used and liked, it'll be great. We are in the Markham area but dont mind travelling a bit.
8 replies
May 5, 2010
107 posts
5 upvotes
In Markham, there's one on Cooper Creek Dr (Ninth Line and Hwy 7). New facility, and very friendly techs and receptionists.

Didn't your doctor/ob suggest and/or recommend where to go? Usually the doctor/ob refers you to a specific location.

Congrats on your lil' one btw! :)
May 3, 2009
255 posts
21 upvotes
Markham
Markham Imaging Consultants is in the Boxgrove Medical Centre, above the Urgent Care Centre which is on the first floor. It's the building beside Longo's on Ninth Line and 407. (905) 471-6996

They have evening hours too.
Nov 3, 2005
427 posts
44 upvotes
Toronto
I don't think you can just show up somewhere and request a scan!? Find an ob\gyn and use the clinic they use - that's the best thing to do. I was lucky that my ob had his own machine in the office!
Nov 16, 2008
251 posts
6 upvotes
GTA
I am with Markham-Stouffville Midwives and I was ignorant but I saw that the requisition has Markham Stouffville hospital on it, I just assumed its the header that the midwives used and didnt pay attention but it has contact info for the imaging centre as well.

Any one has any experience with them? I hope they allow the spouse in as well. Also, any idea if I will be hearing the heartbeat in this U/S. If yes, do they let you record it on your camera ? I feel kind of silly asking these things, but I guess I just have to know.
May 5, 2010
107 posts
5 upvotes
coolhead05 wrote: I am with Markham-Stouffville Midwives and I was ignorant but I saw that the requisition has Markham Stouffville hospital on it, I just assumed its the header that the midwives used and didnt pay attention but it has contact info for the imaging centre as well.

Any one has any experience with them? I hope they allow the spouse in as well. Also, any idea if I will be hearing the heartbeat in this U/S. If yes, do they let you record it on your camera ? I feel kind of silly asking these things, but I guess I just have to know.

If it's Markham Imaging Consultants (the one on Cooper Creek Dr. by the Longo's), then they're awesome. They let my husband in w/ me.. and if you want to hear the heart beat, just ask :)

Nothing wrong w/ the diagnostics centre @ MSH either, i've been there, and the staff is super friendly :) As for recording on your phone.... you'll have to ask about that.

It's such an exciting time, congrats again! :)
May 3, 2009
255 posts
21 upvotes
Markham
I've gotten many ultrasounds at MSH, and they were great. Yes, you can bring your husband in with you. The reason why I would personally rather go to Markham Imaging Consultants is that you don't have to pay for parking.
Nov 16, 2008
251 posts
6 upvotes
GTA
mushuyoshi wrote: If it's Markham Imaging Consultants (the one on Cooper Creek Dr. by the Longo's), then they're awesome. They let my husband in w/ me.. and if you want to hear the heart beat, just ask :)

Nothing wrong w/ the diagnostics centre @ MSH either, i've been there, and the staff is super friendly :) As for recording on your phone.... you'll have to ask about that.

It's such an exciting time, congrats again! :)

Thanks so much mushuyoshi ! It's indeed a very exciting time and since its our first there is so much that we are learning. I know its only the beginning :)
Nov 16, 2008
251 posts
6 upvotes
GTA
ArtemisCat wrote: I've gotten many ultrasounds at MSH, and they were great. Yes, you can bring your husband in with you. The reason why I would personally rather go to Markham Imaging Consultants is that you don't have to pay for parking.

Thanks. For parking, try parking next to the town homes and walk a bit. If your appointment is not going to be longer than an hour or so, one could always park there for free. We have done it a few times without any issues.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)