Tags:
[OP]
Deal Addict
May 5, 2008
4118 posts
1017 upvotes
Winnipeg

Need a Toronto section

This freebies section is bombarded with Toronto postings.
12 replies
Deal Guru
Apr 16, 2002
13707 posts
9208 upvotes
Toronto
airmail wrote:
Oct 14th, 2017 10:48 am
This freebies section is bombarded with Toronto postings.
marcaccioc42 wrote:
Oct 14th, 2017 10:51 am
seconded!
It could be that people in other cities are unaware of or too lazy to post freebies happening near them?
"Had one yesterday and there was a full slice of onion no thinner than a polio shoe.

I cried out in despair." RFD user Dingus
Dec 18, 2005
314 posts
113 upvotes
Montreal
sprung wrote:
Oct 14th, 2017 11:17 am
It could be that people in other cities are unaware of or too lazy to post freebies happening near them?
I think the problem is that there is so much participation from Toronto that other cities get lost in the mix. It's hard to find anything when almost all you see is Toronto.
May 28, 2016
37 posts
23 upvotes
For now, try setting RFD deal alerts for your city / province / etc so you get notified
Also, WHERE'S MY FREEBIE?
Deal Addict
Jun 19, 2010
1321 posts
764 upvotes
Calgary
Well, Toronto IS the centre of the universe, right? :rolleyes:
In your pants!
Dec 23, 2010
450 posts
71 upvotes
Toronto
As someone in Toronto...sure i'm ok with it.
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
8480 posts
12855 upvotes
Scarborough
I recently mentioned in another thread that we're planning on adding a region field to the BST forums. This will help separate them at a glance when viewing all and should allow you to filter by region. The exact details of the system have yet to be determined but it is on our roadmap.
RFD Staff [Forum Rules] [Facebook] [Twitter].
Dec 23, 2010
450 posts
71 upvotes
Toronto
TomRFD wrote:
Oct 16th, 2017 2:37 pm
I recently mentioned in another thread that we're planning on adding a region field to the BST forums. This will help separate them at a glance when viewing all and should allow you to filter by region. The exact details of the system have yet to be determined but it is on our roadmap.
oh cool. I never really thought this would happen. I imagined it would be too complicated with some deals being local and some being national and some being quebec only or only not. Coupled with posters not necessarily knowing for sure often relying on comments to inform them, would mean even more work moving threads for the mods. I mean we can barely get posters to remember to put prices in titles.

But sure the BST forums could work and that's a start. I don't spend a lot of time there but that's mostly because of the region issue. I might check it out more if there was a limited region area.
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2007
19072 posts
2648 upvotes
Poormond Hill
Something like what's in Hot Deals can work. For example, clicking on "Ontario" will give you all the listings in that region.
A life spent making mistakes is not only more memorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing.
Deal Expert
Aug 18, 2005
16974 posts
1858 upvotes
GTA West
All of RFD is the Toronto section, unless otherwise tagged!
- Not Collecting AIR MILES Since 2016/07 -
- Casual Gastronomist -