Canada

Need urgent help!!!

delete
8 replies
Deal Guru
May 25, 2011
10105 posts
14411 upvotes
Have you actually talked to another broker to see how long it will take? or your bank?
Deal Addict
Feb 4, 2008
3137 posts
179 upvotes
First, talk to your builder and let them know there will be a delay in the possession.

You are free to go to another broker but I would check here http://www.sfsc.gov.sk.ca/List-of-Licen ... Associates to see if the original person you dealt with is still listed. If you were dealing with an agent of the brokerage you may want to contact the brokerage directly as they would be quick to act. You will have to hussle to get things done, but it is doable.
Do your mortgage math correctly!
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2012
3886 posts
1527 upvotes
Canada
wesboag wrote: Why will going to a new broker take 3-4 weeks? A good broker can get a speedy deal done. Find another broker. Builders are usually lenient with stuff like this for the most part. I've been through it. Something’s up with your current broker.

I'd get in touch with a new broker immediately or call the brokerage the rep is with and demand an answer from management. Their reputation and business is on the line. They should act on this.

** sslinn beat me to it
talked with few reps and they said 3-4 weeks. I am trying reall hard to find another broker to get me through this asap
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2012
3886 posts
1527 upvotes
Canada
it looks like that broker is licensed as of september 2012
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2012
3886 posts
1527 upvotes
Canada
sslinn wrote: First, talk to your builder and let them know there will be a delay in the possession.

You are free to go to another broker but I would check here http://www.sfsc.gov.sk.ca/List-of-Licen ... Associates to see if the original person you dealt with is still listed. If you were dealing with an agent of the brokerage you may want to contact the brokerage directly as they would be quick to act. You will have to hussle to get things done, but it is doable.
he is listed under associate llicensed on september 2012
Deal Addict
Feb 4, 2008
3137 posts
179 upvotes
Call his brokerage and speak with the broker, they should be able to rectify the situation.

If not, try http://kiltedbroker.ca/kilted-broker/ Not sure why everyone is telling you 3 - 4 weeks.
Do your mortgage math correctly!
Deal Guru
May 25, 2011
10105 posts
14411 upvotes
In my experience builders are flexible - But the homelessness is another issue.
I don't get the 3-4 weeks, a couple days is my experience.
Deal Expert
Jul 5, 2004
27438 posts
6807 upvotes
3-4 weeks makes no sense to me. I'd keep calling different brokers until you get a more reasonable response. My broker had everything done for me in a few days. The only hold-ups were documents I had to submit. The actual approval of the financing was done in 3 days I believe.