• Last Updated:
  • May 25th, 2017 9:56 am
Sep 19, 2013
761 posts
191 upvotes
Winnipeg
jojochiu wrote:
May 18th, 2017 10:23 am
I'm wondering if I should email or call her as a reminder....what would you guys recommend?

Thanks
looks like its a done deal, so dont hurry. give it today and then maybe call tomorrow morning.
[OP]
Nov 29, 2005
286 posts
7 upvotes
Markham
amitdi wrote:
May 18th, 2017 10:51 am
looks like its a done deal, so dont hurry. give it today and then maybe call tomorrow morning.
I really hope so..I just want to give my resignation letter as soon as the paper comes in. I've already written it up
Deal Fanatic
Jul 12, 2003
7201 posts
584 upvotes
Markham
It Is the a day or 2 before the long week-end, a lot people are taking day off. maybe her offer letter is holding up from HR as well.
I would wait until mid week next week before do a follow up.
Retired Forum Moderator February 2009 - June 2015
Deal Addict
Mar 24, 2005
1338 posts
98 upvotes
at1212b wrote:
May 12th, 2017 11:29 am
You negotiate after you get the offer. Now if during the process, they specifically state a hard number, and you accept, you can't negotiate the salary afterwards. Unless you're higher up, and have some kind of generally niche skill, it's harder to negotiate any big differences. Generally, alot of the budget is made where the hiring manager won't bother going back up for more. The higher up person you deal with, the more you can negotiate. I.e. President trying to woo away a VP from another company.
I respectfully disagree. Negotiation should always come before the offer. I wrote about salary negotiations a long time a go (when I was more active on RFD) and based on research, being the first person to put down a number holds more weight.

salary-negotiation-tips-everyone-1055271/
Apr 21, 2014
962 posts
205 upvotes
Alberta
Coke355mL wrote:
May 19th, 2017 5:20 pm
I respectfully disagree. Negotiation should always come before the offer. I wrote about salary negotiations a long time a go (when I was more active on RFD) and based on research, being the first person to put down a number holds more weight.

salary-negotiation-tips-everyone-1055271/
I read your other thread but what if you are already making above average for other positions at the same level. For example I am a controller making about 140k plus bonus which is on the high end considering I am looking at director positions that pay less or the same for much more work. I have built my niche in the mining and oil and gas industry. So if i am considering a lateral transfer to a larger organization, how much negotiation room do I have? It's a newly created position so they have no floor or ceiling on their salary but they are interviewing a wide range of candidates to see what they can get for their money.

Thoughts?
[OP]
Nov 29, 2005
286 posts
7 upvotes
Markham
I ended up getting the official offer on paper Thursday before 5pm. I signed back my offer. Anyone familiar with Sterling Talent as thats who they are using for background check

Thanks

J