• Last Updated:
  • Feb 24th, 2019 6:16 pm
[OP]
Apr 5, 2009
999 posts
188 upvotes

Neighbors Tossing Garbage onto my yard

Hi everyone,

I've noticed with all the wind that there has been a lot of recycling bins and compost bins flying around the neighborhood the past few weeks... and that led to a huge mess in the area...

Recently I noticed there has continuously been bins and garbage appearing on my front yard and thought it was the wind... however when I checked the security camera it turns out my neighbors moved all the garbage that landed on their property and threw it onto mine instead.

I understand that space is limited as I live in an area where there is a back laneway for parking, so most my neighbors do not have yards.... but still disappointed that they would do this.
6 replies
Deal Guru
Mar 9, 2007
11154 posts
5995 upvotes
Think of the Childre…
Well, did you go talk with your neighbour?
Steven91 wrote:
Feb 24th, 2019 5:24 pm
Hi everyone,

I've noticed with all the wind that there has been a lot of recycling bins and compost bins flying around the neighborhood the past few weeks... and that led to a huge mess in the area...

Recently I noticed there has continuously been bins and garbage appearing on my front yard and thought it was the wind... however when I checked the security camera it turns out my neighbors moved all the garbage that landed on their property and threw it onto mine instead.

I understand that space is limited as I live in an area where there is a back laneway for parking, so most my neighbors do not have yards.... but still disappointed that they would do this.

WOULD SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!
Deal Expert
Mar 18, 2005
18850 posts
2182 upvotes
Niagara Falls
You have it on camera, send them the video and kindly ask them to pick up their mess and all will be forgotten. Heck, you can even tell them we all try to pull a fast one once in a while, it just didn't work out this time, perhaps try going the other way. :)
[OP]
Apr 5, 2009
999 posts
188 upvotes
Cheapo-Findo wrote:
Feb 24th, 2019 5:26 pm
Well, did you go talk with your neighbour?
Tried, no one answered the door. Was thinking of leaving a note with a screenshot from the camera, but maybe thought that was a bit too aggressive?
Temp. Banned
Dec 19, 2009
3500 posts
1487 upvotes
Steven91 wrote:
Feb 24th, 2019 5:29 pm
Tried, no one answered the door. Was thinking of leaving a note with a screenshot from the camera, but maybe thought that was a bit too aggressive?
Well what do you want us to do about it?
Deal Addict
Jan 28, 2007
2105 posts
1437 upvotes
SW Ontario
Leave them a screen capture on their door with a note saying it's not appreciated
Deal Guru
Mar 9, 2007
11154 posts
5995 upvotes
Think of the Childre…
Leave a note that says Respect thy neighbour.
Steven91 wrote:
Feb 24th, 2019 5:29 pm

WOULD SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!