Neighbours putting their garbage bins on lawn, right infront of my door

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 20th, 2018 3:03 pm
[OP]
Oct 31, 2018
21 posts
7 upvotes

Neighbours putting their garbage bins on lawn, right infront of my door

HI all if anyone can advice. We have nasty neighbours. They dnt respect boundaries, though I told them many times not to step on our lawn. Or use pur driveway but they never listen. Its been going on for almost 2 yrs. We have fixed our lawn twice already and the alley way as well. They had a big gathering last weekend and they workers used our lawn to put all their equipments(tent stuff). Now they are putting their garbage bins on the lawn. Lawn is 4 ft our and 2 ft their. They are putting on their side but the top part comes on our side: i mean the top part os broader and it uses our airspace. They were doing that in the alley way : storing their stuff and we put a fence their and they have to remove eventually. And she steps on my property while putting the garbage bins as she doesnt have enough space to do it. She put her garbage bins for 2 yrs on the other side but as we spoke to them about using our yard and blocking our driveway last weekend when the gathering happened. They r doing garbage bins on purpose and they have four young kids 1 to 5 yrs old all the diapers and garbage smells so bad and it comes right infront of my door. What can I do. Talking to them always increase the problem. They r looking for a fight but i dnt want to. Any suggestions please.
68 replies
Deal Expert
May 30, 2005
42409 posts
3089 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Detached house? Pictures would help.

Depending on the municipality, you're not allowed to put garage out until the night before garbage day. You could talk to your local by-law officers about that.
***Bosch GLL1P Bright Single Line and Point Combination Laser $25***
Silver Coins | Bosch Combination Laser | Philips Wake-Up Light with Radio
Heatware | RFD Feedback
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2008
8922 posts
5227 upvotes
Toronto (Markham)
Can't tell if this is supposed to be a serious post or if you're trolling.
Lawn is 4 ft our and 2 ft their. They are putting on their side but the top part comes on our side: i mean the top part os broader and it uses our airspace.
This is your 2nd thread complaining about your neighbour plus your join date is today.
Tis banana is IRIE :razz:

10% off is cold, 50% off is warm, 75% off is hot, but FREE IS RFD!
Deal Fanatic
May 1, 2012
8634 posts
6261 upvotes
Markham
Put up a fence. Problem solved.
Deal Guru
Feb 11, 2007
11762 posts
11378 upvotes
Oakville
If the bin is on your property, put up a fence or kick it off your property.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 27, 2009
6811 posts
3973 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
Get a life. Honestly, you sound like the problem here.
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2005
3640 posts
780 upvotes
Between this thread and the thread about them putting up the camera, either you will have to move or you need to get them to move since you mentioned it has been happening for 2 years.
Deal Addict
Mar 3, 2018
1003 posts
766 upvotes
GTA
Just wondering if the lawn area where they put their bins out is city property and not yours. Meaning if it is close to the road and not past the water main valve that would be city property even if it is in front of your house.
Dec 4, 2009
239 posts
153 upvotes
Waterdown
Ever think of talking to them? Use your words, sort it out like a grownup?
Deal Fanatic
Jan 25, 2007
6747 posts
3033 upvotes
Paris
chimaican wrote:
Nov 1st, 2018 2:21 pm
Can't tell if this is supposed to be a serious post or if you're trolling.

This is your 2nd thread complaining about your neighbour plus your join date is today.
My neighbours trees use our air space and blocks rain from hitting my lawn. So I burned down his house and salted the earth to teach him a lesson.
For sale: Ego 56V 5aH batteries, BNIB
https://forums.redflagdeals.com/ego-law ... h-2294293/
[OP]
Oct 31, 2018
21 posts
7 upvotes
Jerico wrote:
Nov 1st, 2018 9:25 pm
My neighbours trees use our air space and blocks rain from hitting my lawn. So I burned down his house and salted the earth to teach him a lesson.
Jerico I wish I can be that brave....Smiling Face With Smiling Eyes
[OP]
Oct 31, 2018
21 posts
7 upvotes
Todd96srv wrote:
Nov 1st, 2018 5:57 pm
Ever think of talking to them? Use your words, sort it out like a grownup?
We have talked so many times in a nice friendly way. Our misrake is we are a very resilient couple. We did not say anything for the initial time and they thought we are scared. Actually i am afraid of fights and confrontation. Even told them to call cops if they do it again. But after putting the fence in the alley way they stopped damaging our property but every now and then, actually every week they find diff ways to disturb us.
[OP]
Oct 31, 2018
21 posts
7 upvotes
Jon Lai wrote:
Nov 1st, 2018 1:35 pm
Detached house? Pictures would help.

Depending on the municipality, you're not allowed to put garage out until the night before garbage day. You could talk to your local by-law officers about that.
Yes Jon it is a detached house. Its Calgary. But your suggestion gave me an insight. I ll definately call my city. But what I have noticed here everyone puts their garbage out on driveways or near garage.
[OP]
Oct 31, 2018
21 posts
7 upvotes
Anikiri wrote:
Nov 1st, 2018 2:42 pm
Put up a fence. Problem solved.
Thanks Anikiri its the front lawn. We did end up putring a fence in the alley way but I think in the front it wont look very good. But this is another startegy i am putting in my back pocket