Home & Garden

Neighbours smoking weed, smelling up my house - What are my options?

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 2nd, 2013 12:06 am
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Nov 24, 2012
4148 posts
775 upvotes
Space

Neighbours smoking weed, smelling up my house - What are my options?

A little history first, we moved into this place ( townhouse big open backyard with seperating fences ) Jan 2013 and everything was great. Just this month our neighbours moved out and a younger couple moved in. In our agreement and infront of our town houses it specifically says no smoking within 5 meters and i believe no smoking inside. Just today I had this horrible skunk smell, so we ran out back to close our balcony thinking its a skunk and low and behold the neighbours are smoking weed! Man i was pissed, I have kids and so do they! The smell was horrible and stinks up my entire place. What can I do about this? I know the neighbour on the other side of them has complained of their smoke going into their house ( unsure if it was weed or cigarette in that case ).
8 replies
Mar 27, 2012
685 posts
151 upvotes
Gotham
DJ_Peanuts22 wrote:
Jun 1st, 2013 11:02 pm
But snitches get stitches? I suggest just going over there and whopping there ***** .
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 24, 2012
4148 posts
775 upvotes
Space
The neighbour on the opposite side actually did ask them to stop smoking but was promptly told off by these people.
Deal Addict
May 5, 2008
3662 posts
839 upvotes
Winnipeg
Solsearchin1 wrote:
Jun 1st, 2013 11:40 pm
The neighbour on the opposite side actually did ask them to stop smoking but was promptly told off by these people.
Give them some loud music in return
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 24, 2012
4148 posts
775 upvotes
Space
I've got young kids, otherwise I'd love to play the neighbour vs neighbour game :D
Deal Addict
Feb 7, 2007
1100 posts
73 upvotes
Legal approach first...landlord second....chalk in door locks, Krazy Glue around doors during day, vinegar/salt on lawn if first two steps don't work. Maybe print off some pot smoking facts and put on their car if you're patient.
Deal Addict
May 5, 2008
3662 posts
839 upvotes
Winnipeg
Kraft glue in locks would work better

Here is some interesting neighbours

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/local/ ... er%20fence
Darcy Krakalovich told the appeal committee he has been involved with a physical altercation with Raymond Korb, alleged Korb mooned his wife, the Korbs verbally assaulted his daughter and dumped chemicals into their flower beds and bushes, according to an audio recording posted online by CJOB.
× < >