Hot Deals

Nespresso Deals: 40% off CT (PM +10% at BB)

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 8th, 2019 1:21 pm
Jun 5, 2018
55 posts
38 upvotes
Moore Park, ON
jetcap wrote:
Jan 14th, 2019 9:49 am
Jumped in last week with offer from the Bay to replace my Nescafe Dolce Gusto which has been discontinued and awaiting delivery.
One question: Can you continue to run water thru machine to get your designated strength level. My GF doesn't like coffee so much as she enjoys warm brown water and with our current model puts in about twice the recommended amount of water. Is this possible with Nespresso or do they automatically dispense the right amount of water with no chance of adjustment?
With the vertuo machine you can customize the amount of water that comes out with a specific pod type (instructions can be found on their youtube videos, the instructions are very easy to follow). But this will change it for every time you use that type of pod from what I understand. However, when the machine has put out as much as is designated by the preset or your setting, you can run the machine again and it will put out more water through the same pod in place, which you can stop at your desired level. This doesn't change any preset, but can give you the ability to add more water as you see fit.

So, yes they do have a preset amount. But you can stop it early (by hitting the same button,) or you can add more water at the end.
Jul 25, 2018
275 posts
98 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
Grimspoon wrote:
Jan 13th, 2019 1:02 pm
I did order the "Premium Discovery Offer" with mug and espresso set. The website sucks pretty hard tho, no way that I can see to go back and see what's included in either the normal or premium introductory offer.
https://www.nespresso.com/uk/en/new-to-nespresso

Does this help?

I ordered the DISCOVERY 250 SELECTION w/ free mugs. Couldn't find it on the Canada site, bug Google "nespresseo welcome offer" brought up the UK site which had it detailed.
Jul 25, 2018
275 posts
98 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
Are we thinking this is them clearing out old models and they're about to put some new models out? Possibly coupled with the Aeroccino 4?
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2007
3726 posts
1915 upvotes
I drink at least 3 cups a day so Nespresso pods are too expensive for me. So what I do is I use reusable k-cup with my own ground coffee which costs pennies. Occasionally when I am in the mood for espresso or latte, I just use my espresso machine. A bit more work when cleaning but much cheaper than pods.

If you are a light coffee drinker maybe the Nespresso is good for you. For me it will cost me close to $100 in pods a month if my wife and I only use these pods.
Last edited by WL1980 on Jan 14th, 2019 12:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jun 5, 2018
55 posts
38 upvotes
Moore Park, ON
x-batman wrote:
Jan 13th, 2019 9:53 pm
Just curious why? Why not get a breville espresso machine (who those of you who like espressos, Americans, lattes, etc) a nice quality grinder and quality beans. It doesn’t take much time to do and it’s sooooooo much better.
This seems to get asked and stated every time I see a Nespresso deal posted. You can look back and see peoples answers. If someone, at this point, is looking for a deal on one they see the value in it.
Jun 5, 2018
55 posts
38 upvotes
Moore Park, ON
projector wrote:
Jan 14th, 2019 12:17 pm
Are we thinking this is them clearing out old models and they're about to put some new models out? Possibly coupled with the Aeroccino 4?
Tough to say IMO. They do these deals all the time so very tough to say. The Aeroccino 4 has been out for a while, and it seems to me they include the 3 in the package cause it's what people actually "need," while the 4 has some features most wouldn't care to pay a premium for.
Jul 25, 2018
275 posts
98 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
brwnthndr wrote:
Jan 14th, 2019 12:33 pm
Tough to say IMO. They do these deals all the time so very tough to say. The Aeroccino 4 has been out for a while, and it seems to me they include the 3 in the package cause it's what people actually "need," while the 4 has some features most wouldn't care to pay a premium for.
For those that use the Aeroccino 3, is it good? Does it work well?
Nov 9, 2009
51 posts
20 upvotes
Brampton
kinda off topic...

I have code for a onetime use for 50% off on most Nespresso capsule models if anyone needs it pls let me know. Code expires on Jan 31, 2019, Can only be used on the Nespresso site or in store at boutique – if you want to use in store you will need the actual card to purchase, and will need to pick up the card from me.
Deal Addict
Nov 26, 2007
1180 posts
204 upvotes
x-batman wrote:
Just curious why? Why not get a breville espresso machine (who those of you who like espressos, Americans, lattes, etc) a nice quality grinder and quality beans. It doesn’t take much time to do and it’s sooooooo much better.
No it is not. I used to do it for years with coffee beans that I bought in a local italian coffee shop here and buying an original line Nespresso last year was a revelation. You get a perfect shot every time. And the whole experience of going at Nespresso, tasting and choosing your capsules is just so fun for me. I'm not going back to my old machine now lol.
brwnthndr wrote:
Jan 14th, 2019 12:33 pm
For those that use the Aeroccino 3, is it good? Does it work well?
It works very well and fast. Nice and thick texture. I used to do it myself with my espresso machine and it was so noisy and "bubbly". I'm done with that.

If you follow the "max" line in the Aeroccino you get enough for 2 cups.
Deal Addict
Nov 26, 2007
1180 posts
204 upvotes
arejay wrote:
Jan 14th, 2019 12:40 pm
kinda off topic...

I have code for a onetime use for 50% off on most Nespresso capsule models if anyone needs it pls let me know. Code expires on Jan 31, 2019, Can only be used on the Nespresso site or in store at boutique – if you want to use in store you will need the actual card to purchase, and will need to pick up the card from me.
I sent you a PM, let me know how much I need to buy for the deal.
Jul 25, 2018
164 posts
355 upvotes
Milton, ON
arejay wrote:
Jan 14th, 2019 12:40 pm
kinda off topic...

+1. Very nice of you.
Dec 24, 2004
479 posts
45 upvotes
Windsor
projector wrote:
Jan 14th, 2019 12:12 pm
https://www.nespresso.com/uk/en/new-to-nespresso

Does this help?

I ordered the DISCOVERY 250 SELECTION w/ free mugs. Couldn't find it on the Canada site, bug Google "nespresseo welcome offer" brought up the UK site which had it detailed.
Does not help, there was no 250 pod offer when I registered my account. Just 180 with free mugs and espresso glassware as well as a less expensive option with less pods.
Deal Addict
Jul 10, 2004
1195 posts
1269 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
x-batman wrote:
A decent espresso machine is >$500. A quality grinder is >$175. Good beans are not cheap. Making an espresso is exponentially more work than a pod system like Nespresso. And then there's cleaning and maintaining of your espresso machine. Apples and Oranges :D

I'm a coffee nerd (v60 and AeroPress for me) and I get the appeal of controlling the entire process (it's pretty easy, cheaper in the long run, and a nice little routine), but a lot of people out there just want their damn coffee :D

My wife loves her Nespresso. The coffee is quite good (even for my coffee geek tastebuds) and she happily pays a bit more than K-Cup prices (but significantly less than Starbucks) for the more upscale experience that Nespresso provides at their stores (you get free coffee and feel like George Clooney!).
Deal Addict
Nov 26, 2007
1180 posts
204 upvotes
JoelK22976 wrote:
Jan 14th, 2019 4:48 pm
+1. Very nice of you.
Did you get his code? I replied pretty fast but didn't hear back. What was the promo exactly?