Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Nespresso

Nespresso VertuoPlus Grey & Aeroccino Bundle $191

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 24th, 2019 5:14 am
Aug 22, 2012
201 posts
111 upvotes
East Van
engman13 wrote: I believe it had to do with the patent expiring for the original line, so other companies started making them. I tried a few and they did not compare to the quality of nespresso. That may have changed because I have since moved to the Vertuo line and those pods don't go on sale at nespresso.
I'm liking the Lavazza pods at the moment... currently on sale at Walmart too!
https://www.walmart.ca/search/nespresso%20lavazza
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2007
2386 posts
680 upvotes
Vancouver Island
shahram0 wrote: In the market for an espresso maker and trying to decide if I should go with a semi-automatic (Breville Barrista) or just stick to the convenience of Nespresso. I think price-wise, they all balance out in the end (cheaper machine, expensive pods vs. expensive machine, cheaper coffee).
Having used all three pod systems (Keurig, Tassimo and Nespresso), the quality and convenience of Nespresso is unmatched. It's so much better it's not even a contest. But IMO, Nespresso still falls way short of an espresso made from a semi automatic using freshly ground beans. So if you're picky about your coffee, I'd say go with a Breville Barista Express, you won't regret it. If you make lots of milk-based drinks (i.e. lattes, cappuccino etc..), spend a bit more and get the Barista Touch, the milk system on that is exceptionally good and fully automated.
Aug 12, 2011
631 posts
441 upvotes
Toronto
Can these make regular coffee and not just espresso?
Aug 9, 2005
360 posts
119 upvotes
Also, people looking for the vertuoline, check out Canada Computer, they're clearing bundles for about $140 for the set.

It's YMMV, I know the mississauga location had a few.
---------------------------------
If you are talking to someone, then suddenly turn your head to the side while still talking... they'll turn and look the same direction you're looking at... LMAO it's GREAT lol so many people do that lol, especially if you do a double take lol, try it out :D
Deal Addict
Jul 22, 2014
2261 posts
764 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
Rob76 wrote: Having used all three pod systems (Keurig, Tassimo and Nespresso), the quality and convenience of Nespresso is unmatched. It's so much better it's not even a contest. But IMO, Nespresso still falls way short of an espresso made from a semi automatic using freshly ground beans. So if you're picky about your coffee, I'd say go with a Breville Barista Express, you won't regret it. If you make lots of milk-based drinks (i.e. lattes, cappuccino etc..), spend a bit more and get the Barista Touch, the milk system on that is exceptionally good and fully automated.
I wouldn't say falls way short. It's not better, yet close enough. Nespresso is zero effort and maintenance comparing to the other espresso machines. It doesn't need fancy beans, expensive grinder or knowledge to enjoy a delicious cup of coffee.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 25, 2010
5308 posts
1248 upvotes
Long shot but also check Amazon warehouse. I paid $130 for that VertuoPlus +Aeroccino bundle and only the packaging was damaged.
Deal Addict
Apr 20, 2009
1457 posts
888 upvotes
Vancouver
Deal is dead / out-of-stock ??
Deal Addict
Feb 9, 2013
2084 posts
2426 upvotes
Ottawa
Remember to think about the environment and recycle your pods. Nespresso will send or give you a free recycling bag with return postage paid for pod recycling when you order pods from them.
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2007
2386 posts
680 upvotes
Vancouver Island
iddqd85 wrote: I wouldn't say falls way short. It's not better, yet close enough. Nespresso is zero effort and maintenance comparing to the other espresso machines. It doesn't need fancy beans, expensive grinder or knowledge to enjoy a delicious cup of coffee.
Yep, as far as convenience and effort I completely agree. We especially like the recycling through Canada Post. Since our Delonghi super-auto died, we now have a VertuoPlus Deluxe (w/Aeroccino 4) as well as a Barista Touch on our counter. We've tried all the sample espressos and ordered a bunch of doube-shots (Scuro and Chiaro). As far as espresso taste and richness, for my wife and I and visitors we've had over, the Breville is winning out so let's agree to disagree : )
Dec 20, 2012
35 posts
108 upvotes
Milton
Looking to pull the trigger on The Bay deal, please let me know if anyone comes across any usable promo codes.
Deal Addict
Apr 20, 2009
1457 posts
888 upvotes
Vancouver
peternear wrote: Looking to pull the trigger on The Bay deal, please let me know if anyone comes across any usable promo codes.
Me too!
Mar 26, 2018
57 posts
68 upvotes
iddqd85 wrote: I wouldn't say falls way short. It's not better, yet close enough. Nespresso is zero effort and maintenance comparing to the other espresso machines. It doesn't need fancy beans, expensive grinder or knowledge to enjoy a delicious cup of coffee.
It might be zero effort, but you're paying quite some price for that convenience. You don't really need fancy coffee beans, neither do you have to use a grinder (but freshly ground coffee does taste much better). A bag of decent coffee would be as little as $7 and it would be good for at least 25-30 cups. The cheapest Nespresso options are $0.76 per cup. Besides, I wouldn't say using a regular espresso machine is so much trouble - it's well under one minute to get a cup of espresso.
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2005
2020 posts
1035 upvotes
Scarborough
peternear wrote: Looking to pull the trigger on The Bay deal, please let me know if anyone comes across any usable promo codes.
drew4008 wrote: Me too!
check out the Bay's current flyer in the flyer section. there's a up to 15% off this weekend from Friday-Sunday if using The Bay credit cards. small appliances usually 10% i think.. also if the sale of the Nespresso is until then..
Feb 1, 2018
126 posts
60 upvotes
laksapop wrote: For those looking to use Original line capsules:

Costco.ca has the Nespresso Inissia by De'Longhi for $99.97
https://www.costco.ca/Nespresso-Inissia ... 63896.html

With Aeroccino for $149.00
https://www.costco.ca/Nespresso-Inissia ... 63374.html
I bought the same combo from Costco online for $200 in Christmas week. Can I get the price matched at Costco ? Also, I used $50 coupon which I had received for membership renewal, for this order. Will that be refunded or adjusted ?
Deal Addict
Jul 22, 2014
2261 posts
764 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
Rob76 wrote: Yep, as far as convenience and effort I completely agree. We especially like the recycling through Canada Post. Since our Delonghi super-auto died, we now have a VertuoPlus Deluxe (w/Aeroccino 4) as well as a Barista Touch on our counter. We've tried all the sample espressos and ordered a bunch of doube-shots (Scuro and Chiaro). As far as espresso taste and richness, for my wife and I and visitors we've had over, the Breville is winning out so let's agree to disagree : )
I would hope a $1500 espresso machine would beat nespresso capsules :)
I myself haven't been spoiled enough with coffee to justify investing that much money upfront, I have most likely spent that much on nespresso machine and capsules over two years of ownership though.
Banned
Oct 31, 2018
90 posts
210 upvotes
3258 Cork St Guelph,…
This is the machine using the big capsule. Sounds a good price. Has any deal for compatible capsules?
Feb 2, 2015
824 posts
442 upvotes
FDunnF wrote: This is the machine using the big capsule. Sounds a good price. Has any deal for compatible capsules?
I don't think there are compatible pods yet since there is still patent on this? Could be wrong though...
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2007
2386 posts
680 upvotes
Vancouver Island
iddqd85 wrote: I would hope a $1500 espresso machine would beat nespresso capsules :)
I myself haven't been spoiled enough with coffee to justify investing that much money upfront, I have most likely spent that much on nespresso machine and capsules over two years of ownership though.
I hope people don't get discouraged by the upfront cost, because either way you end up paying about the same, upfront or over time.

Take my family for example, between my wife and I we average about 3 drinks total per day. With Nespresso it's about 95c each (Vertuo double-espresso pods) whereas with the Barista Touch and a quality bean it works out about 25c each. That's a daily premium for us of $2.10 with Nespresso (or in other words, a $2.10 saving per day for the other machine). So in our case, we would achieve a break even point in total cost in 1.5 years. Now if we drank any more than that 3/day average (for example, if we entertained guests from time to time) or we end up owning the machine for more than 1.5 years (not unreasonable), the cost benefit tilts towards the Breville.

All this to say, people should do the math for their usage. They may be surprised by the latent value of an expensive machine. :)
Deal Addict
Jul 22, 2014
2261 posts
764 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
Rob76 wrote: I hope people don't get discouraged by the upfront cost, because either way you end up paying about the same, upfront or over time.

Take my family for example, between my wife and I we average about 3 drinks total per day. With Nespresso it's about 95c each (Vertuo double-espresso pods) whereas with the Barista Touch and a quality bean it works out about 25c each. That's a daily premium for us of $2.10 with Nespresso (or in other words, a $2.10 saving per day for the other machine). So in our case, we would achieve a break even point in total cost in 1.5 years. Now if we drank any more than that 3/day average (for example, if we entertained guests from time to time) or we end up owning the machine for more than 1.5 years (not unreasonable), the cost benefit tilts towards the Breville.

All this to say, people should do the math for their usage. They may be surprised by the latent value of an expensive machine. :)
Would the touch version make better coffee then the cheaper breville?
https://www.amazon.ca/Breville-BES870XL ... s=breville

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)