Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Nespresso

Nespresso VertuoPlus Grey & Aeroccino Bundle $191

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 24th, 2019 5:14 am
Jan 1, 2013
451 posts
320 upvotes
POINTE-CLAIRE
madToothBrush wrote: I bought the same combo from Costco online for $200 in Christmas week. Also, I used $50 coupon which I had received for membership renewal, for this order.
Noticed several models were listed as sold-out on Bay website yesterday...was hoping for a weekend coupon but pounced on deal before I was shut out. Tks OP

Now, not to sidetrack this thread....but how/where did you get a $50 coupon for Costco renewal.
Mar 29, 2013
108 posts
74 upvotes
Surrey
sold out now it seems ON nespresso, but the bay is still alive
Last edited by bizznatches on Jan 10th, 2019 5:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aug 22, 2012
201 posts
111 upvotes
East Van
Thanks OP.
Browsed the other machines on sale and ordered the Lattissima One for $269 from $449.
(The Bay has same deal, but with an additional colour to choose from)
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2017
3045 posts
2144 upvotes
lenz33 wrote: Have been watching Nespresso for a long time now , and still cannot decide if owning one is practical. I know that the coffee from Nespresso is great - tasted it many times BUT the scarcity and the price of the pods makes me hesitate each time. If the pods were available everywhere, I would have caved in by now regardless of the price. The fact that I have to buy on-line or go out of my way to get the pods is a deal breaker. Keurig - as lousy as the coffee is - is much more convenient.
Problem solved here: https://www.kijiji.ca/v-coffee-maker-es ... nFlag=true

I've had the Latissima Pro machine which is one of the top of the line machines Nespresso has. Aside from the great coffee it provides, I like the fact it heats up the water in 20 secs and makes my coffee in only about another 20 secs. It's super fast and I don't like the wait in the manual grinder or the Keurigs which takes so long to heat up and is very watery

My only regret with Nespresso is buying a machine this expensive (I did get a deal from an employee, don't ask, he's gone). I think I would've been fine with the separate frother instead of the built in one I got and may have saved $150-200.

I have no problem acquiring pods. There's tons of sources out there and some I think even do orders over the phone and they mail it out
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2007
2386 posts
680 upvotes
Vancouver Island
iddqd85 wrote: Would the touch version make better coffee then the cheaper breville?
https://www.amazon.ca/Breville-BES870XL ... s=breville
I don't think so, the brew unit and the grinder I think are identical. My sister had the 870XL for many years and loved it. For those who don't care about milk-based drinks, or don't mind learning and manually doing it, the 870XL is definitely the way to go.

The Touch version does add a few things over the 870XL; new thermocoil (3 sec heat up vs 2 mins) and the touch screen / UI which takes you step-by-step in making drinks, customizing them and then saving them. Those aren't the biggest draw of the Touch, that would be the milk system which is almost identical as the one on the Oracle Touch ($3500 machine). Having said that, I don't think the Touch is worth its regular price ($1500-1600). Amazon had it for $1099 just before Christmas which I think should become the regular sale price, instead of what we got ours for ($1280).
Deal Addict
Apr 24, 2006
1396 posts
1058 upvotes
GTA
If anyone is interested, I have the VertuoPlus Delux bundle from The Bay that i’m not keeping. I paid $178 plus tax. PM me, I’m in the GTA, otherwise will return to the store.
"Just because something is on sale doesn't mean a) you can afford it, b) you should buy it, c) you need it, d) you're not spending far more buying it than not buying it at all"
Deal Addict
Apr 24, 2006
1396 posts
1058 upvotes
GTA
If anyone is interested, I have the VertuoPlus Delux bundle from The Bay that i’m not keeping. I paid $178 plus tax. PM me, I’m in the GTA, otherwise will return to the store.
"Just because something is on sale doesn't mean a) you can afford it, b) you should buy it, c) you need it, d) you're not spending far more buying it than not buying it at all"
Jul 25, 2018
784 posts
1241 upvotes
Milton, ON
lenz33 wrote: Have been watching Nespresso for a long time now , and still cannot decide if owning one is practical. I know that the coffee from Nespresso is great - tasted it many times BUT the scarcity and the price of the pods makes me hesitate each time. If the pods were available everywhere, I would have caved in by now regardless of the price. The fact that I have to buy on-line or go out of my way to get the pods is a deal breaker. Keurig - as lousy as the coffee is - is much more convenient.
Nespresso isn't that great imo. I got a Vertuoline a couple of years ago for $120 from BBB when they were having a liquidation sale and a starter kit of pods for cheapish. I've been struggling to finish the coffee and I feel like the Nespresso machines are gifts that people give but no one wants - just check on Kijiji or other online marketplaces and there are people selling these machines for ultra cheap. I personally prefer drip coffee, but to each their own.
Deal Addict
Nov 26, 2007
1638 posts
786 upvotes
I used to have a Keurig and a Tassimo before buying a Nespresso last year and the difference in quality is huge! Now I don't even want that coffee to enter my mouth anymore, I gave them away!

I prefer espresso-based drinks (cappuccino etc) so Nespresso is the only option (originalline) but thanks to this deal I just got a Vertuoplus today so I'll finally try the vertuo capsules to make coffees and lattes Grinning Face
Deal Addict
May 12, 2014
3472 posts
3889 upvotes
Montreal
There's absolutely nothing wrong with any GMO foods.

I'd ask for links to ANY studies published in reputable scientific journals saying otherwise, but there aren't any.
Deal Addict
Nov 26, 2007
1638 posts
786 upvotes
I tried the Vertuoplus and I am surprised at the amount of juice coming out! I had a big cup and I was scared it was going to overflow! You might think the capsules are expensive but you are getting a Starbucks/Second cup level latte. Very impressive. Easily going for 5$+.

Wait until they do promos like free cups when you buy capsules and it's worth it. Their stuff look so nice and high quality, you feel like a star.
hugs29 wrote: Was about to pull the trigger not anymore not to mention I hate Nestle, do your research on them and you will too
It doesn't say that coffee is in the market yet tho? They are just doing research or whatever. Besides I don't see what is wrong with this type of GMO. This is not cattle?
Deal Addict
Feb 28, 2015
1291 posts
486 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Not to hijack the thread, but I'm wondering if I should be changing my espresso machine.. I currently have the cuisinart em-100c which i got from amazon about a decade ago lol. The machine still works fine and I am only using Lavazza Oro beans to make my coffee.. (the taste that I'm used to is everything to me). I always thought that these machines that use pods are inferior :) I wanted to get something that has a milk frother.. would you suggest a Nespresso or perhaps upgrade to a semi-automatic Saeco, Breville, etc? Or even buy separate frother? Thx!
Nov 21, 2015
181 posts
34 upvotes
Vancouver
FrancisBacon wrote: There's absolutely nothing wrong with any GMO foods.

I'd ask for links to ANY studies published in reputable scientific journals saying otherwise, but there aren't any.
Google pesticides + GMO foods and see what’s come up... or imagine your foods spray with pesticides and you consume them daily. See what goodness it will do to you.
Jul 24, 2015
237 posts
153 upvotes
Jackson75 wrote: Google pesticides + GMO foods and see what’s come up... or imagine your foods spray with pesticides and you consume them daily. See what goodness it will do to you.
I see you only shop at Whole Foods.
Aug 17, 2006
113 posts
49 upvotes
For anybody that buys the plus, watch diligently for leaks. It is a common problem with this model (see reviews on the nespresso US site). Our first version leaked, so we sent it back to be fixed. The fixed version still leaked. They wanted to fix it again but we pushed for a new replacement. The new replacement leaked. Ultimately we had them swap it out for the old vertuo model. No leaks at all with that one (although the common complaint is it doesn't get hot enough if you like scorching coffee). We still love it as a big upgrade over a tassimo/keurig.

Customer service was mostly fantastic in the process. They shipped replacement temporary machines every time we had to send it back and shipping was quick.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 28, 2006
7470 posts
1459 upvotes
Ottawa
What is the best price for 870XL that we saw on RFD? Need to watch and buy one at a good price.
Rob76 wrote: I don't think so, the brew unit and the grinder I think are identical. My sister had the 870XL for many years and loved it. For those who don't care about milk-based drinks, or don't mind learning and manually doing it, the 870XL is definitely the way to go.

The Touch version does add a few things over the 870XL; new thermocoil (3 sec heat up vs 2 mins) and the touch screen / UI which takes you step-by-step in making drinks, customizing them and then saving them. Those aren't the biggest draw of the Touch, that would be the milk system which is almost identical as the one on the Oracle Touch ($3500 machine). Having said that, I don't think the Touch is worth its regular price ($1500-1600). Amazon had it for $1099 just before Christmas which I think should become the regular sale price, instead of what we got ours for ($1280).

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)