Hot Deals

[Nest] [ON-GTA] Simply Smart Home - Free NEST™ E Thermostat & Install (after Enbridge $100 credit)

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 12th, 2019 10:50 pm
[OP]
Dec 28, 2009
11 posts
9 upvotes
GTA

[ON-GTA] Simply Smart Home - Free NEST™ E Thermostat & Install (after Enbridge $100 credit)

Deal Link:
Savings:
100% off
Retailer:
Nest
I got an e-mail yesterday afternoon about this. Similar to https://forums.redflagdeals.com/free-ne ... s-2188781/ so expect a hard sales pitch for their monthly services (but don't cave into it... you will need to pay a high $ to cancel the contract if you decide to move).

Qualification Checklist
  1. Simply Smart will provide you with a Nest E Thermostat including professional installation for only $100. Enbridge will credit you $100, making your brand new Thermostat a no cost upgrade to your home.
  2. Your Smart Thermostat must control your primary heating source of Natural Gas. (Propane, Oil and Electric Heating are not eligible).
  3. The residence that is linked to your Smart Thermostat must be located within the Greater Toronto Area.
  4. Your residence must be a Single Family Home (Detached, Semi-detached, and Townhouse homes only).
  5. You must have a Wi-Fi Connection at your residence sufficient enough to communicate that your Smart Thermostat has been successfully installed, activated and paired to Nest’s services.
  6. Only one device per residence with a one-time Serial Number registration permitted. In addition, to qualify you must have not have applied and or received an incentive related to the Thermostat through any other conservation program in Ontario.

How to Register for the No Cost NEST™ E Program:
  1. Click the "Redeem Now" button below to reply to this offer. (( The e-mail address they link is nestepromo@simplysmarthome.ca but the image in the e-mail links to their webpage with form too.))
  2. Cite your name, address and phone number in the email.
  3. One of our representatives will contact you to set up an installation date and time.

Terms & Conditions can be found at https://simplysmarthome.ca/nest-program ... onditions/ , which explains how they are going to give a sales pitch for their monthly services. Be strong and don't cave into them. :) If you are going to sign up your elderly relative's house for this, you may want to consider being present for their consultation visit to avoid any contract accidents.

Last note, if you did get the smoke detector, you won't be able to get the thermostat from the same program. Re: "If you chose not to participate in the No Cost NEST™ Protect Program, we would like to welcome you to register for our new No Cost NEST™ E Thermostat Program. Please be advised that you are only allowed to participate in one promotion per primary residence."

Edit: Thanks to @Saukrates & @Dustler6 attention to detail, the $100 credit is until 31Jan2019. Afterwards, it'll be $75 credit. So it's something to discuss with Simply Smart Home, either to negotiate or coordinate the date, etc.

Last edited by BobDibTop on Jan 17th, 2019 11:25 am, edited 6 times in total.
118 replies
Nov 7, 2017
34 posts
11 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Good for people who didn't take advantage of the GreenON program, which had this or the Ecobee 3 lite or the Honeywell Lyric for free. I ended up going with the Ecobee and I'm loving it. Way better than Nest E.

On another note, I applied for the Nest Protect through simplysmarthome several months back. A month ago I randomly got a call from them to setup a time/date to come and install it. They never showed up on the schedule date.
[OP]
Dec 28, 2009
11 posts
9 upvotes
GTA
Nev0513 wrote:
Jan 17th, 2019 10:46 am
Good for people who didn't take advantage of the GreenON program, which had this or the Ecobee 3 lite or the Honeywell Lyric for free. I ended up going with the Ecobee and I'm loving it. Way better than Nest E.

On another note, I applied for the Nest Protect through simplysmarthome several months back. A month ago I randomly got a call from them to setup a time/date to come and install it. They never showed up on the schedule date.
Yeah, the Ecobee from GreenON is really good. :) It was a great program while it lasted.

It seems communication from Simplesmarthome for their Nest Protect program was very inconsistent among the program applicants. But they do have a number to dial for following-up and bugging. We'll see how their program goes for Nest E now.
Dec 8, 2009
155 posts
112 upvotes
Mississauga
I got Nest E back then, because a black pack would look ugly on my beige walls. Loving it, too ;)
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2017
1212 posts
619 upvotes
Calgary
can you put the location in the title?
[OP]
Dec 28, 2009
11 posts
9 upvotes
GTA
name777 wrote:
Jan 17th, 2019 10:52 am
I got Nest E back then, because a black pack would look ugly on my beige walls. Loving it, too ;)
Yeah, it is so aesthetically pleasing, especially if it'll be in a major room (e.g. living room); it's always something to consider. :)
[OP]
Dec 28, 2009
11 posts
9 upvotes
GTA
Suthek wrote:
Jan 17th, 2019 10:56 am
can you put the location in the title?
Done! Thank you for the catch. ^ ^;;
Deal Fanatic
May 1, 2012
7990 posts
4949 upvotes
Markham
Just so people know, these guys are using these to scam people in letting them into their house for upselling. You’re not committed to anything but you may have to sit through some lecturing and scaremongering.
[OP]
Dec 28, 2009
11 posts
9 upvotes
GTA
Anikiri wrote:
Jan 17th, 2019 11:01 am
Just so people know, these guys are using these to scam people in letting them into their house for upselling. You’re not committed to anything but you may have to sit through some lecturing and scaremongering.
Yes! So don't sign any monthly contracts with them; there will be unnecessary cancellation fees, etc. Just accept the install, respect the individual coming in, but don't waste your time by getting "convinced" into their services. :)
Deal Addict
May 12, 2010
1408 posts
197 upvotes
Vaughan
I got the Nest E through GreenON and the Nest protect through simply smart home last time around. Yes they do try to sell you their products, not forcibly though. I found the people that came to be very insightful. It ended up being longer b/c I asked them a slew of questions. I never bought anything from simply smart home (GreenON just installs and leaves) but would consider it. My protect didn't seem to be working properly so I called the agent back and he came back and replaced the defective one. My thermostat was also defective and I had that replaced directly through Nest using their online chat at no cost.

TL;DR - If you can get on either or both of these programs, I would recommend.
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2005
1169 posts
306 upvotes
Anikiri wrote:
Jan 17th, 2019 11:01 am
YES! DO NOT FALL INTO THEIR SCAMThey are just trying to get their foot in the door to sell you more stuff. That's what happened with the Nest Protect, i signed up, said I wasn't qualified because they only brought in a battery operated one and my house is hardwired so they cant do it. I believe they have no intention of giving you anything.

They offered me a free Nest installation if I signed up for a furnace plan, but i need to stay with them for 5 years. If I leave within the 5 years I would need to pay some amount to buy the Nest, and possibly the installation charges as well.

Enbridge already offers you $100 back regardless, so do yourself a favour and spend that extra $130 out of pocket to buy the Nest-E yourself just to avoid these guys.
Jun 27, 2012
624 posts
478 upvotes
Says you have to install and activate the device before January 31, 2019, to qualify for the $100 Enbridge credit.
2010-2019 Contest Winnings = $0
Apr 17, 2001
306 posts
157 upvotes
I didn't even get a call for them to come install the Nest Protect last time...