Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Nest

Hello Wifi Video Doorbell $259 (Save $40 plus free Google Home Mini)

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 9th, 2018 9:41 am
Sep 9, 2005
307 posts
94 upvotes
Hamilton,Ontario
michiebaby wrote: Might as well just get use to paying $80 now so that's it's less of a shock when it actually is. Lol....

Thankfully it is $50 after you add it to your cart, But your right i wouldn't doubt it if they jack up the price. Right now @ $5 a month for me anyways its reasonable.
“To alcohol! The cause of, and solution to, all of life’s problems.”

Homer J
Deal Fanatic
Sep 14, 2006
9644 posts
2634 upvotes
rapashoo wrote: 30-day subscription is $30/month (or $300/year $60 off) just heads up.
I was at Bestbuy and the employee suggested Ring which is 3 dollars USD a month for service. Much cheaper than nest. Anyone have Ring able to comment on this?
TEAM CANADA!!!!!!!!!!!
Jan 5, 2016
403 posts
257 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
indeals wrote: Not for me, I only get 2 racing related items show up. I also tried switching my region from AB to ON, same thing.
Sounds like you're looking on costco. It was on the source but it looks over now.
Dec 21, 2010
229 posts
170 upvotes
Richmond Hill, ON
150--600 Gb of upload needed to properly function of NEST per month. It is a lot!
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2003
4003 posts
1841 upvotes
jarfgames wrote: I’m the Nest app, under Technical Info, what does it say the AC voltage is? My understanding is that if this isn’t high enough, you could have disconnects. Mine is showing as 23.1 volts.
Yeah checked that already, 23.3V
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
41798 posts
30054 upvotes
Center of Universe
bobbings wrote: I was at Bestbuy and the employee suggested Ring which is 3 dollars USD a month for service. Much cheaper than nest. Anyone have Ring able to comment on this?
Correct, or one payment of USD $30.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 23, 2008
7616 posts
5699 upvotes
Ottawa
Diggingupbones wrote: Sounds like you're looking on costco. It was on the source but it looks over now.
No , I got the same deal as you, just I have to pay another 8% ONTARIO GST . Can I return the mini for $80 please? I really don’t need that.
Buy Nice or Buy Twice.
Deal Addict
Oct 31, 2012
1889 posts
1891 upvotes
Guelph
So the source deal is over then? Can't get the extra promo to work.
Deal Addict
Jun 5, 2004
1861 posts
145 upvotes
bobbings wrote: I was at Bestbuy and the employee suggested Ring which is 3 dollars USD a month for service. Much cheaper than nest. Anyone have Ring able to comment on this?
Ring is $3 month or $30 annual. Videos can be accessed with 60 day history. Nest records 24/7 but RIng records only motion. Each camera has its pros and cons so you need to decide what is important to you. I've used both and a few things I can think of are:

Nest Hello:
Instant notification for doorbell rings. Multiple presses will be instant ring sound on the chime. With the ring multiple presses there is a delay before you hear the chime sound again.
Motion notifications are delayed and this is well known on YouTube and forums.
Video captures more vertical footage 1600 x 1200 on Nest. Ring captures 1920x1080 so more horizontal.
HDR so better colors than Ring through various lighting conditions.
Alot of ppl don't press the doorbell because it doesn't really look like a doorbell. Didn't have this problem with the Ring.
Timeline feature very easy to scroll and see everything in fast motion so you can find what you need to. Ring you have to go to each event individually one by one to find what you need.
Nest app no custom sounds for notifications. Ring has many different notification sounds and now they have a halloween theme.
Familiar faces feature notification captures a screenshot of the person's face and sends an alert. On motion or doorbell notifications it sends a small animated clip notification and you can quickly wipe down and see a preview of who it is and what they were doing. With the Ring it is only text notifications you have to click on it to stream it..
Nest goes offline a lot and this can be seen in the timeline with grey bars showing it was offline.
Installation for both is very similar but the Ring has more aftermarket angle mounts available.
Both can be used with or without a chime.

Ring Doorbell Pro
Customer service is great.
Motion notifications are instant.
The app has a feature where you can open alerts in full screen automatically. Great for people who like to mount a tablet on the wall.
Viewing video can be laggy sometimes and display black screen. Most times you hear the sound first before the video so it's not in sync. I don't have this problem with Nest and my wireless speeds at the doorbell is usually 30-40Mbps up and down so I know it is a problem with the Ring Pro or their network.

Anyone that is interested in buying these devices make sure you have decent wireless speeds outside at the doorbell.
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2012
2960 posts
2337 upvotes
Calgary
Finally connected the Nest Hello on Friday night. Instructions were good but had a lot of trouble with my wires basically disintegrating every time I tried to bend them to connect. Not really a fault of the Nest specifically - just a pain based on the wiring in my house.

Overall we really like it so far. The facial recognition is neat, integrates decently with my Echo Spot and we seem to get doorbell notifications in a timely manner. Also, we weren’t aware that there was Apple Watch compatibility but it turns out there is (shows the face of the person at the door - neat!). My internet upload speed isn’t amazing so for now I have the quality set to Low - might up it to the middle setting but for now this seems ok. As of the first weekend in use, we are happy with the purchase.
Dec 29, 2008
588 posts
892 upvotes
Mississauga
Hey guys I have a annoying issue with my nest hello that I installed yesterday. When I rewatch any clips of anyone pressing the doorbell, the instance its pressed, there's a very annoying high pitch sound from the clip. This is also seen in two youtube videos I found online. I was just wondering if anyone else is experiencing this. The videos are:

Sep 18, 2008
153 posts
100 upvotes
excel wrote: Ring is $3 month or $30 annual. Videos can be accessed with 60 day history. Nest records 24/7 but RIng records only motion. Each camera has its pros and cons so you need to decide what is important to you. I've used both and a few things I can think of are:

Nest Hello:
Instant notification for doorbell rings. Multiple presses will be instant ring sound on the chime. With the ring multiple presses there is a delay before you hear the chime sound again.
Motion notifications are delayed and this is well known on YouTube and forums.
Video captures more vertical footage 1600 x 1200 on Nest. Ring captures 1920x1080 so more horizontal.
HDR so better colors than Ring through various lighting conditions.
Alot of ppl don't press the doorbell because it doesn't really look like a doorbell. Didn't have this problem with the Ring.
Timeline feature very easy to scroll and see everything in fast motion so you can find what you need to. Ring you have to go to each event individually one by one to find what you need.
Nest app no custom sounds for notifications. Ring has many different notification sounds and now they have a halloween theme.
Familiar faces feature notification captures a screenshot of the person's face and sends an alert. On motion or doorbell notifications it sends a small animated clip notification and you can quickly wipe down and see a preview of who it is and what they were doing. With the Ring it is only text notifications you have to click on it to stream it..
Nest goes offline a lot and this can be seen in the timeline with grey bars showing it was offline.
Installation for both is very similar but the Ring has more aftermarket angle mounts available.
Both can be used with or without a chime.

Ring Doorbell Pro
Customer service is great.
Motion notifications are instant.
The app has a feature where you can open alerts in full screen automatically. Great for people who like to mount a tablet on the wall.
Viewing video can be laggy sometimes and display black screen. Most times you hear the sound first before the video so it's not in sync. I don't have this problem with Nest and my wireless speeds at the doorbell is usually 30-40Mbps up and down so I know it is a problem with the Ring Pro or their network.

Anyone that is interested in buying these devices make sure you have decent wireless speeds outside at the doorbell.
I'd like to add Ring is bringing 24/7 recording in the Spring. They also added previews(last week) to the app where it gives to a snapshot of the motion event.
May 24, 2011
241 posts
24 upvotes
Edmonton
I see the temperature rating is -10 Celsius. Has anyone noticed any issues below that temperature?
Deal Addict
Jun 5, 2004
1861 posts
145 upvotes
RadioDude wrote: Hey guys I have a annoying issue with my nest hello that I installed yesterday. When I rewatch any clips of anyone pressing the doorbell, the instance its pressed, there's a very annoying high pitch sound from the clip. This is also seen in two youtube videos I found online. I was just wondering if anyone else is experiencing this. The videos are:

My nest clips do the same. I think it's recording the chime sound the nest hello makes.
Deal Addict
Feb 15, 2009
1661 posts
511 upvotes
Wildout wrote: I'd like to add Ring is bringing 24/7 recording in the Spring. They also added previews(last week) to the app where it gives to a snapshot of the motion event.
24/7 recording for all Ring doorbell models? And for all subscription types?
Sep 18, 2008
153 posts
100 upvotes
tatung wrote: 24/7 recording for all Ring doorbell models? And for all subscription types?
Smart Alert features coming in early 2019 include:

Motion Verification - New to battery-powered Ring devices, this feature will verify any motion detected and rule out false alerts so users see more accurate and relevant activity.
Motion Stop - Ring devices will stop recording if motion is deemed unimportant - less recording time means dramatically longer battery life.
Person Detection - This feature will identify and label the type of motion detected and give users the option to ignore motion events they don’t want to see. For example, Person Detection can distinguish between a person, an animal, and a tree branch.
Motion Zones - New to battery-powered Ring devices, custom motion detection zones focus Ring devices on the specific areas neighbors want to keep secure.
Coming to the Ring app in 2019:

Live Camera Previews - When a Ring device detects motion, the Camera Preview within the Ring app will begin to live stream right in the app’s dashboard to immediately show activity in real time.
Audible Announcements - Wired Ring devices will deliver audible announcements through the device’s speakers when motion is detected to let visitors know they are being monitored by Ring.
Timestamps - When sharing a Ring recording, a timestamp can be placed on the video to show the date and time the video was recorded (must be a Ring Protect Plan subscriber).
Bulk Download - Ring Protect Plan subscribers will be able to download all of their Ring recordings at once from Ring.com with just a few easy clicks.

Also coming in 2019 is Ring’s 24/7 Recording feature. For an additional fee, Ring Protect Plan subscribers will have the option to set their wired devices to continuously record for a more complete view of what is going on in and around their home at all times. For no additional charge, all neighbours with a Protect Plan will have the ability to see still images captured throughout the day to fill in the gaps between motion events.
https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/ ... 005718/en/
Deal Addict
Jul 29, 2007
1197 posts
694 upvotes
I don't think I'll be buying a product like this unless someone can figure out notifications under 5 seconds and subscription-free while still having a robust product for -30 or 40.
Deal Addict
Nov 16, 2005
2476 posts
333 upvotes
ncr
Wildout wrote: I'd like to add Ring is bringing 24/7 recording in the Spring. They also added previews(last week) to the app where it gives to a snapshot of the motion event.
just the less delay on notification alone gets me on the ring camp.
Deal Addict
Nov 16, 2005
2476 posts
333 upvotes
ncr
richardvoyageur wrote: I don't think I'll be buying a product like this unless someone can figure out notifications under 5 seconds and subscription-free while still having a robust product for -30 or 40.
the whole smart doorbell thing has come a long way. improves on so many levels. You're free to wait for the perfect doorbell while the rest of us is enjoying the peace of mind that a good enough doorbell gets you.
Dec 29, 2008
588 posts
892 upvotes
Mississauga
excel wrote: My nest clips do the same. I think it's recording the chime sound the nest hello makes.
Thanks for confirming my suspicion. Wonder why this issue hasn't been brought up more often. Seems like such an annoyance.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)