Expired Hot Deals

[Nest] Hello Wifi Video Doorbell $259 (Save $40 plus free Google Home Mini)

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 9th, 2018 9:41 am
Oct 20, 2001
760 posts
27 upvotes
Spruce Grove
brianhb wrote:
Oct 19th, 2018 3:26 pm
Anyone with Nest Hello and NVIDIA Shield TV? Can you stream your doorbell camera to your Shield TV?
Yes there is a nest app, works great!
Deal Addict
Jul 12, 2006
4263 posts
78 upvotes
Toronto
I must have missed that part because I didn’t see where it said you had to add it. I assumed you would get it
I die every Monday at 7am and reborn Friday at 4pm
Jul 20, 2004
992 posts
120 upvotes
I wonder if you purchased in the states would the 5ghz be disabled here once installed and your Canadian location is revealed by nest or even if a future software update would remove it based again on your Canadian location.
Deal Addict
Oct 2, 2006
1559 posts
271 upvotes
Looking at grabbing a few nests including a Hello in the next few months.. Anyone think this deal will be beat on Black Friday or Boxing Day?
Jul 19, 2015
453 posts
338 upvotes
London, ON
rEDSpider wrote:
Oct 19th, 2018 3:36 pm
Yes there is a nest app, works great!
you just sealed the deal for me thx, ordered
Jan 20, 2008
995 posts
238 upvotes
Just got it installed and working great with Google Home. There is a slight delay but oh well I can live with it.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 30, 2003
7264 posts
721 upvotes
Toronto
Ive been invested into the Nest group of products since April/May.

I have the Video doorbell, nest x yale door lock, cams, thermostat and fire alarm.

The video door bell works well with Google home. Theres no delay for me when the door bell is pressed as the indoor chime goes off rightaway. There is a 1 second delay for google home to make the annnoucement.

The app which can be installed in any device be it phone, tablet both android and apple does have a slight delay. I experienced it from 1-4 seconds long.

I have subscribed to the yearly service for a few services and it has been working out great.
Dec 16, 2006
71 posts
21 upvotes
Edmonton
brianhb wrote:
Oct 19th, 2018 3:26 pm
Anyone with Nest Hello and NVIDIA Shield TV? Can you stream your doorbell camera to your Shield TV?
There is an Android tv app for nest products. It works okay.
Jul 19, 2015
453 posts
338 upvotes
London, ON
Thanks went though Costco for the extra 20 off 100 using masterpass. Plus since Costco is 90 day return policy on this if better black Friday deal comes up, easy return. Still on lookout for nest thermostat, smoke detectors, some cameras and really wish they would bring home security system to Canada already, but may have to take trip to States for that.
Sep 9, 2005
202 posts
33 upvotes
Hamilton,Ontario
Well, I pulled the trigger on this. If for anything the security camera aspect of it should be good. I Also took the advantage from Costco for the $20 off
Last edited by bel4_20 on Oct 20th, 2018 11:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
“To alcohol! The cause of, and solution to, all of life’s problems.”

Homer J
Deal Addict
Dec 25, 2005
1394 posts
402 upvotes
These video doorbells have been tempting me, but the -10 degree operating minimum is a problem. I guess I'll wait and see how these fare over the winter.
Sep 9, 2005
202 posts
33 upvotes
Hamilton,Ontario
Nukey wrote:
Oct 20th, 2018 11:07 am
These video doorbells have been tempting me, but the -10 degree operating minimum is a problem. I guess I'll wait and see how these fare over the winter.
I'll take my chances, since its mounted right up against the house hopefully there will be enough residual heat to keep it running.
“To alcohol! The cause of, and solution to, all of life’s problems.”

Homer J
Deal Addict
May 23, 2009
2118 posts
694 upvotes
Mississauga
Which retailer has the Nest Hello and GHM as separate items on the receipt? I'd like to keet the door bell and return the Google Home mini.
Deal Addict
Nov 1, 2005
1369 posts
328 upvotes
Calgary
Nukey wrote:
Oct 20th, 2018 11:07 am
Only had issues with my hello last winter when it would get around -30. Friend nearby had no issues though. Different design to front of homes resulting in slightly different temperatures I think.
Deal Addict
Mar 12, 2013
1338 posts
443 upvotes
EDMONTON
Costco went out of stock of the nest hello as I was checking out.... lol.

Dang.