Deal Link:
Price:
Savings:
$40
Expiry:
July 8, 2018
Retailer:
Nest
Not super hot, but still could be useful if somebody was looking at this doorbell:
Save $40 on Nest Hello and get a free Google Home Mini
https://store.nest.com/ca/product/nest-hello/NC5100EF
221 replies
Deal Addict
Jul 27, 2004
1507 posts
89 upvotes
I see the lower price on Best Buy but no Google Home mini. Seems like the GH mini promo is on Nest.com only?
edit: HD has the GH mini promo. Could maybe wrangle a pricematch out of them as well. Anyone have luck/experience getting a pricematch and a promo item from HD?
https://www.homedepot.ca/en/home/p.hell ... 73135.html
Last edited by etherboy on Jun 25th, 2018 4:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Oct 24, 2017
197 posts
413 upvotes
I have this doorbell. I love it, though it didn't come with a Google Home Mini.

Just be sure that your chime transformer is between 16-24V. Any less and you won't be able to stream (it will work as a doorbell though). Any more and it won't turn on.

Overall I'm very happy with it. I paid for the 5-day Nest Aware package, though you don't need that if you just want to watch a live stream.

Also, make sure your internet bandwidth doesn't have a cap. If you set the Hello to stream at all times, it'll eat up about 250-300GB/month.
Deal Addict
May 29, 2011
1052 posts
207 upvotes
KANATA
Dammit, I just got one from bestbuy 2 weeks ago.
This place is more like reddit everyday...
Sep 28, 2010
70 posts
19 upvotes
I bought this doorbell about 2 months ago and have been quite happy with it. You do have to pay a subscription for some of the 'cooler' features, but it isn't required if you just want to see what your camera at the door sees. I find it useful because you get the familiar face alerts, motion alerts, and 5 day retention on the cheapest package.

The most useful alert to me are the push notifications to my mobile when someone rings the doorbell or someone comes near the door (delivery person, or someone going in and out.)

If you connect it with your google home/minis, it'll announce door bell rings as well, wherever you have them installed.
Jul 2, 2008
172 posts
40 upvotes
Operating temperature

Nest Hello is designed to work in temperatures from 14° to 104°F (–10° to 40°C)

Most of canada gets colder?
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2009
2715 posts
1378 upvotes
Toronto
Seems like a nice deal, my doorbell is perpendicular to my front door however. I was thinking of getting the Ring Pro with their corner bracket. I don't see anything similar offered with the nest.
Dec 23, 2012
230 posts
88 upvotes
Richmond Hill
I have this doorbell too. However, I'm having notification delay issue, it takes about 10 seconds to receive notification after the camera detects motion or if someone press the doorbell. Just be aware that you might or might not have the same problem if you decide to buy the doorbell.
Deal Fanatic
May 29, 2003
5782 posts
606 upvotes
Thanks OP! Been waiting for this to go on sale.
Mar 3, 2006
122 posts
67 upvotes
Toronto
rufryda wrote:
Jun 25th, 2018 4:41 pm
Operating temperature

Nest Hello is designed to work in temperatures from 14° to 104°F (–10° to 40°C)

Most of canada gets colder?
The unit itself generates heat so the actual internal temperature will be much warmer than the ambient temperature. Canadian cold weather will have no impact on the Nest Hello.

houston
Deal Addict
Nov 1, 2005
1369 posts
328 upvotes
Calgary
redkulat wrote:
Jun 25th, 2018 4:42 pm
Seems like a nice deal, my doorbell is perpendicular to my front door however. I was thinking of getting the Ring Pro with their corner bracket. I don't see anything similar offered with the nest.
It comes with like a 15° wedge, otherwise you would have to 3d print/get printed a larger angle.
Deal Addict
Jun 5, 2004
1797 posts
103 upvotes
Great doorbell. Got this back then when first released at best buy for $299 with free google mini. Video quality is great with HDR.
Deal Fanatic
May 29, 2003
5782 posts
606 upvotes
HD doesn't have it with free home mini in store, the manager overrided it with a price match as well.
Oct 19, 2009
50 posts
18 upvotes
I see there's a nest Android tv app. Does anyone know if the video feed can be made to show up as a pip on your tv when rung. Or if there is any solution where I can see who's at the door on my tv?
Nov 22, 2013
88 posts
48 upvotes
canada5dollarbill wrote:
Jun 25th, 2018 4:20 pm
I have this doorbell. I love it, though it didn't come with a Google Home Mini.

Just be sure that your chime transformer is between 16-24V. Any less and you won't be able to stream (it will work as a doorbell though). Any more and it won't turn on.

Overall I'm very happy with it. I paid for the 5-day Nest Aware package, though you don't need that if you just want to watch a live stream.

Also, make sure your internet bandwidth doesn't have a cap. If you set the Hello to stream at all times, it'll eat up about 250-300GB/month.
Woah! I figured it would be a hog for data, but 250-300GB is excessive!