Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

Netfirms Webhosting 50% off the Plus Plan ($35 for a year)

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 5th, 2012 2:17 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Sep 16, 2003
2244 posts
391 upvotes
Vancouver, BC

Netfirms Webhosting 50% off the Plus Plan ($35 for a year)

Been looking for a shared hosting plan this week and this was the cheapest one I could find.

Enter Coupon:

Exclusive

For 50% off.

While I was in checkout, I was clicking around and I realized the coupon works for a 2 year plan as well. You have to select 1 year first, apply the coupon, then change the dropbox to 2 years.

You cannot apply the coupon if you have 2 years selected first.

ALSO UNCHECK ALL THE WEB ESSENTIALS if you don't need them or else you'll be charged MORE $$$

If the coupon stops working for reason, I got it to work again by clearing browser cache. MAKE SURE YOUR TOTAL IS CORRECT BEFORE CONFIRMING.

When you enter postal code, it's with a "SPACE" X0X 0X0
10 replies
Banned
Jun 15, 2010
7062 posts
2436 upvotes
Niagara Falls
MilkyWind wrote: Been looking for a shared hosting plan this week and this was the cheapest one I could find.

Enter Coupon:

Exclusive

For 50% off.

While I was in checkout, I was clicking around and I realized the coupon works for a 2 year plan as well. You have to select 1 year first, apply the coupon, then change the dropbox to 2 years.

You cannot apply the coupon if you have 2 years selected first.

ALSO UNCHECK ALL THE WEB ESSENTIALS if you don't need them or else you'll be charged MORE $$$

If the coupon stops working for reason, I got it to work again by clearing browser cache. MAKE SURE YOUR TOTAL IS CORRECT BEFORE CONFIRMING.

When you enter postal code, it's with a "SPACE" X0X 0X0

I used to host with them, but went with 1and1. Can't really comment about customer service or quality of Netfirms, but let us know how it is working out for you. My only advise to you, don't buy domains name from the company where you host. Have them separately. I like 10dollar.ca for domain names . They don't have any sales, but they are based out of Toronto and they have good customer service that is not outsourced. They provide reliable service. Never had any issues with them.
Deal Addict
Sep 16, 2003
2244 posts
391 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
andriykoua wrote: I used to host with them, but went with 1and1. Can't really comment about customer service or quality of Netfirms, but let us know how it is working out for you. My only advise to you, don't buy domains name from the company where you host. Have them separately. I like 10dollar.ca for domain names . They don't have any sales, but they are based out of Toronto and they have good customer service that is not outsourced. They provide reliable service. Never had any issues with them.

Thank for the advice.

I have my domains with another registrar, so that's fine.

I've used netfirms twice before in the past. Haven't really had any problems with them. I do find their speed of loading webpages a bit slow, but acceptable for my current needs.

After doing A LOT of research for the past few days, I would have totally went with hostgator instead. (Better speeds/Better service/Better support/etc). However, even with the 20% discount, I'm getting charged $100 for the year (I have two domains so I would need to subscribe to the baby plan). For my current needs, I could not fathom paying more than $60 for a year of shared hosting.

I would definitely give hostgator a try in the future when my website picks up.
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
58648 posts
24637 upvotes
andriykoua wrote: I used to host with them, but went with 1and1. Can't really comment about customer service or quality of Netfirms, but let us know how it is working out for you. My only advise to you, don't buy domains name from the company where you host. Have them separately. I like 10dollar.ca for domain names . They don't have any sales, but they are based out of Toronto and they have good customer service that is not outsourced. They provide reliable service. Never had any issues with them.

What risk is mitigated by separation? Just wondering since I may set up my own simple websites in the future. TIA.
Feb 8, 2011
23 posts
9 upvotes
If you have domains on the same server as your web host, the DNS can be redundant and fail. Basically, in simple terms, if the DNS goes down, the site goes down.
Nov 27, 2011
145 posts
3 upvotes
MilkyWind wrote:
I've used netfirms twice before in the past. Haven't really had any problems with them. I do find their speed of loading webpages a bit slow

I have the agree with this one.
Their speed sucks big time, nothing compare to hostgator/bluehost.
However, I find their customer support very reliable and price is not bad at all.
Feb 8, 2011
23 posts
9 upvotes
You could try ITenpower Technologies. They're good.
Deal Addict
Sep 16, 2003
2244 posts
391 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
WillyTheMan wrote: I have the agree with this one.
Their speed sucks big time, nothing compare to hostgator/bluehost.
However, I find their customer support very reliable and price is not bad at all.

Basically if you have a site with no traffic and don't mind a slight load time at odd hours, $35 for a year is worth it.

I just needed a place for my portfolio/project that I'm working on.

Otherwise, if netfirms did not have this deal, I would have just gone with hostgator, as I think dreamhost, 1and1, etc etc are charging roughly the same price right now $60-$100 for a year and from what I have researched, hostgator is definitely better.

Too bad I missed the black monday sale and the anti-sopa sale =(
Deal Fanatic
Mar 20, 2009
8862 posts
2693 upvotes
Vancouver
How does the "unlimited" disk space work with Netfirms? Do you have to request more space a bit at a time, like you do with some other hosting services? Is it restricted to a few categories, like html pages?
Deal Addict
Oct 2, 2006
1298 posts
258 upvotes
JamesA1 wrote: How does the "unlimited" disk space work with Netfirms? Do you have to request more space a bit at a time, like you do with some other hosting services? Is it restricted to a few categories, like html pages?

there is no such thing as unlimited disk space, read their terms and conditions, the space has to be used FOR and ONLY FOR the website, you can not have a backup of personal files on their server ! or they have the right to suspend you...

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)