• Last Updated:
  • Feb 2nd, 2011 4:45 am
[OP]
Oct 2, 2008
595 posts
6 upvotes
Brampton

Netflix Canada

Is netflix canada going to ever get the type of selection netflix america has?
I love netflix now, but want way better movies and tv shows. how soon do you think it will take them to catch up?
"We all love to get more BANG for our BUCK, God Bless RedFlagDeals.Com for getting us all more BANGING for our BUCKS"
13 replies
Jun 5, 2007
394 posts
52 upvotes
North York
Netflix might go down under in Canada thanks to UBB
[OP]
Oct 2, 2008
595 posts
6 upvotes
Brampton
whats ubb
"We all love to get more BANG for our BUCK, God Bless RedFlagDeals.Com for getting us all more BANGING for our BUCKS"
[OP]
Oct 2, 2008
595 posts
6 upvotes
Brampton
so is netflix going to ever add more or whats going on?
Deal Addict
Sep 22, 2009
2739 posts
194 upvotes
Canadia
Does netflix usa use proxy detection?
Deal Addict
Apr 9, 2008
2359 posts
133 upvotes
Toronto
All good stuff is "not available". Is there a fix?
Deal Expert
Oct 9, 2003
16283 posts
272 upvotes
more will come, stuff gets added nearly everyday. be patient.
Apr 17, 2010
66 posts
I agree. More selection of movies is needed. But this would drive up the price per month.

I wouldn't mind paying $20 a month if they added 500 more movies. More of every category.

Also, I noticed the tracker is limiting the selection as well. It analyse your watched films and gives you similar movies. I used to see more movies before in the menu. I want to see all the movies and not just what they believe I will watch based on my history.
I hate the current menu format. I like the previous better.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 12, 2005
6314 posts
476 upvotes
Victoria
I think the problem is, is that they have to negotiate distribution rights for all the content. It's the same reason why the XBOX Marketplace's content is subpar in Canada than to the US. The US was the bigger market, so the negotiated the rights in the USA first.

now netflix has to figure who has the rights, keep the costs under control, and negotiate with those that hold the rights in Canada. I get the feeling its more difficult in Canada, as netflix isn't the only online distributer to have subpar canadian offerings. I assume netflix will keep working at it, and will get better with time.
Deal Addict
Sep 10, 2004
1794 posts
104 upvotes
Ontario
also take into account that it might not be worth the money to get the same content for canada when we're 1/10th the size of the US market....
Nov 5, 2008
54 posts
1 upvote
canada
I would just give it more time. They will gradually add more titles every day. Of course, if the adoption rate was higher in Canada, they would probably be added faster. They should work out some kind of agreement with Rogers, etc.. so that their service isn't capped due to bandwidth concerns.
× < >