Netflix deep in debt

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 5th, 2018 6:24 pm
Deal Fanatic
Jul 23, 2007
9638 posts
2071 upvotes
Toronto
It's a peak TV arms race but IMO both Ryan Murphy and Shonda Rhimes are past their prime
OTOH so is Sandler and his movies are a big attraction
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2015
1104 posts
144 upvotes
Markham, ON
From doing no research whatsoever, Netflix is a giant studio or network with a lot of on-call talents of varying value and frugal customer base.
Deal Addict
Jun 17, 2013
4781 posts
1288 upvotes
Halifax
M1GOmigs wrote:
Aug 1st, 2017 4:11 pm
I didn't mean specifically limiting the IP or device usage, but the actual simultaneous usage.

Currently, as a $12 premium plan subscriber, I can share my subscription with 3 other people, and we can all watch different shows simultaneously. I actual share this with my brother in law's household, where he and his girlfriend have access, and my wife and I each have our own access. But TBH they can actually also afford to pay for their own accounts if they so wanted, and would be willing to do so because they are invested in the shows. My parents do the same thing, and so do many of my friends.

The only reason why they still share with us is because there's no reason not to. But if they even just limited simultaneous viewing to say 3 screens instead of 4, then there's a likelihood that some of the households who are sharing might actually just consider getting their own subscriptions. It's the price of a week's worth of coffee for a wealth of entertainment.
So you are using it wrong but why make legit users suffer? I have 4 streams going at any one time in my house legitimately...
Dec 14, 2016
106 posts
16 upvotes
GTA (not the game)
kevindurant1 wrote:
Aug 3rd, 2017 7:39 pm
Netflix is a must for people who wants content legally.
For original Netflix content, yes. For folks like me who are still catching up on old shows (Deadwood, Breaking Bad, etc.) or movies (finally saw Prisoners and Whiplash), the local library works great. Your taxes pay for it, so you might as well use it, right?
If you're delivering a pizza to a guy, and he comes to the door naked, don't ask for a tip.
Temp. Banned
Dec 7, 2012
31628 posts
8034 upvotes
GTHA
tk1000 wrote:
Aug 14th, 2017 9:53 am
Free-spending Netflix signs 'prolific producer' Shonda Rhimes to a huge multiple-year deal...

Shonda Rhimes Moves to Netflix From ABC With Huge Overall Deal
The prolific showrunner behind 'Grey's Anatomy,' 'Scandal' and more has left her longtime home at ABC Studios for the streaming giant.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-f ... al-1029142
Shonda Rhimes' First Netflix Series to Center on Anna Delvey Fraud Scandal

http://tvline.com/2018/06/08/shonda-rhi ... na-delvey/