• Last Updated:
  • Mar 23rd, 2017 11:12 am
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Nov 4, 2006
2332 posts
507 upvotes
Just finished episode 5. So far I'd put this ahead of Jessica Jones, Luke Cage, and season 2 of Daredevil.

The action scenes aren't great, but they're still better than what we got from JJ and LC. The characters, aside from Danny, are interesting. What this really lacks is style. Daredevil had the whole dark/light thing, JJ initially tried for a bit of a noire feel, LC had the whole yellow thing and the way it used music. Thus far Iron Fist doesn't have anything to set itself apart.
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2005
2953 posts
165 upvotes
Just finished this and if I had to rank the marvel net flick series, it would be:

1. Daredevil
2. Luke Cage
3. Iron Fist
And a distant, distant 4th
4. Jessica Jones

It was nice to see cameos from the other series and with the Hand's presence in this, I am guessing they will be the main antagonist in the Defenders.

At first when they cast Finn Jones, I thought what a terrible choice for the lead. After watching it, he kind of grew on me. I really don't see what the hate was all about, I actually wanted to continue binge watching this as opposed to Jessica Jones which I just forced myself to finish.

I can't wait for the Punisher series as I felt season 2 of Daredevil was incredible.
Are you a new parent and looking for freebies for your newborn, go here:
Freebies for your Newborn
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2003
4536 posts
305 upvotes
Toronto
I really don't get the hate for this series. Critics have had it out for Iron Fist since the whitewashing garbage came up, but after a first couple of weak episodes, the show really does come into its own. Episode 8 is stupidly implausible, but we're talking about a super hero series here. I liked it better than Luke Cage, but Daredevil is simply in a different league.
Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
22001 posts
4456 upvotes
GTHA
boonjaca wrote:
Mar 19th, 2017 8:11 pm
It was nice to see cameos from the other series and with the Hand's presence in this, I am guessing they will be the main antagonist in the Defenders.
Yeah, the Hand could well be the main antagonist in The Defenders.

"The Defenders are each investigating the mysterious company behind Daredevil season two’s most absurd mystery, the literal giant hole the Hand were digging up in Hell’s Kitchen that went entirely unexplained... until now maybe?"
http://io9.gizmodo.com/please-let-the-h ... 1791123101
Dec 5, 2015
153 posts
44 upvotes
Thornhill, ON
What a snooze fest, action scenes are lame and all the characters are so shallow
Deal Addict
Dec 17, 2006
1467 posts
62 upvotes
This was not a good TV series...
Deal Addict
Nov 4, 2006
2332 posts
507 upvotes
I get people not liking Iron Fist, it's far from being amazing TV. What I don't understand is that some people love the other Netflix Marvel shows but hate this one. None of them are that different from the others in terms of quality.
Deal Addict
Aug 25, 2007
1346 posts
334 upvotes
Daredevil is another level. This show had nothing going for it. Luke Cage had great music and an awesome villain in the first half. JJ had a great villain. This show didn't have any good characters starting with the lead and the worst finale as well.

Still worth a watch since it will lead into defenders but it's not as good as the other shows.
Deal Addict
Nov 4, 2006
2332 posts
507 upvotes
inocent wrote:
Mar 20th, 2017 10:18 pm
Daredevil is another level. This show had nothing going for it. Luke Cage had great music and an awesome villain in the first half. JJ had a great villain. This show didn't have any good characters starting with the lead and the worst finale as well.

Still worth a watch since it will lead into defenders but it's not as good as the other shows.
I thought each of the previous Marvel Netflix series had one really good character (Cottonmouth, Fisk, Punisher, Kilgrave), and the rest were pretty forgettable. So far it feels like the Meachums are solid characters.
Oct 17, 2002
549 posts
9 upvotes
Toronto
I dont like this show at all.
I've never read the comics, so I dont know if the show is staying true to the character, but why does he act like such a whiny little brat. I'd expect this out of a 5 year old kid, but when he finds out something bad, he starts yelling and acting just like a whiny little kid (though that could just be Finn's acting?). Then there's his naive attitude towards everything.
The fight scenes, which should be first and center the most important thing about this show, are severely lacking. Definitely not on par with Daredevil, and I've seen youtube videos with better choreography (but again, this could very likely be a limitation of the actor).

On to the actor himself. What a bad casting decision. I dont care about the ethnicity, but come on. Find someone who at least looks the part. The guy has no muscle, no tone, and is not athletic at all. He just looks completely harmless and not intimidating at all. Look at the actor who plays Daredevil as an example of the type of athletic body that Iron Fist should at least have. Not muscular, but at least cut and athletic.

I 100% agree with those critic ratings.
Deal Addict
Jul 12, 2004
3374 posts
153 upvotes
Toronto
Redsanta wrote:
Mar 21st, 2017 12:41 am
Does Finn even lift bro?
He needs to spend sometime with The Rock before Defenders comes out...
Oct 17, 2002
549 posts
9 upvotes
Toronto
alright... finished the series. Does anyone notice that in that scene where he gets stabbed by Bukido, he screams like a girl? Face With Tears Of Joy

And what the hell is up with the "fight" scene with Harold? first he kicks him to the ground then runs away? Face With Tears Of Joy
Then nearly loses a fight with Harold even though he's supposed to be some bad ass warrior?Face With Tears Of Joy
Apr 16, 2012
444 posts
55 upvotes
Toronto
Wasn't anything special, but definitely not as bad as the reviews claimed.

In terms of picture quality, this looked fantastic in 4K HDR.
Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
22001 posts
4456 upvotes
GTHA
'Iron Fist' Is Extremely Popular on Netflix
https://www.inverse.com/article/29370-i ... on-netflix
Despite getting trashed by critics, Marvel’s Iron Fist appears to be a hit in terms of popularity on Netflix.

The kung fu superhero show is generating higher demand than Marvel’s Daredevil or Jessica Jones did in their launch week, according to Parrot Analytics, and it’s falling just short of Luke Cage. That’s pretty good, given that Luke Cage was the 16th-hottest show across all platforms in 2016.

All critics tomatometer is at 18%
Audience score is at 83%

Big discrepancy between both scores... Confused Face
× < >
Rotate image Save Cancel