Entertainment

Netflix Original Series 'Narcos' 3rd season is streaming, focused on the Cali Cartel

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 15th, 2017 9:44 am
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Sep 6, 2008
2737 posts
584 upvotes
BC
SlimCharlesRFD wrote:
Sep 4th, 2015 2:21 pm
Watched EP1 last night and really enjoyed it. Not sure how I feel about the v/o but other than that it's good. Maybe it's the voice of the actor doing the v/o? It bothers me.

Can't wait to watch the rest of the season.
I haven't looked it up but I keep thinking Matt Dillon does the voice over. I like that guy and wish he was actually in this!
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2011
1203 posts
200 upvotes
Forgot all about this show coming out. So it was good?
Apr 22, 2015
388 posts
75 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Just binge watched this show and I have to say..amazing! Netflix is really blowing it out of the water loved it can't wait for season 2
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2011
3436 posts
286 upvotes
Niagara-on-the-Lake
zzzz24 wrote:
Sep 4th, 2015 7:17 pm
Forgot all about this show coming out. So it was good?
Excellent.
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2011
1203 posts
200 upvotes
i'm liking it so far, but hate having to read all of the Spanish sub titles.
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2011
3436 posts
286 upvotes
Niagara-on-the-Lake
Just finished it. I can't wait for season 2!
Deal Fanatic
Aug 20, 2012
9883 posts
878 upvotes
Pacific Ocean
Surprised no one has written about this new series. About the life and times of Pablo Escobar, docu-drama type series that is effin amazing. The attention to detail, acting, characterizations, and fact-finding is right up there, 2nd to none. Narration is from the perspective of the DEA agent at the time. Pedro Pascal from GOT is in this.

Narcos (2015– )
TV Series | 49 min | Biography, Crime, Drama
9.2 Your rating: -/10 Ratings: 9.2/10 from 19,776 users
Reviews: 77 user | 9 critic

A chronicled look at the criminal exploits of Colombian drug lord Pablo Escobar.

Creators: Chris Brancato, Carlo Bernard, Doug Miro, Paul Eckstein
Stars: Wagner Moura, Maurice Compte, Boyd Holbrook | See full cast and crew »

[IMG]http://nerdist.com/wp-content/uploads/2 ... 292015.jpg[/IMG]
If the glove don't fit you must acquit! #WINNING
Sep 26, 2008
361 posts
42 upvotes
Ottawa
Finished watching this series last week-end. Loved it!
Deal Fanatic
Aug 20, 2012
9883 posts
878 upvotes
Pacific Ocean
Series shud a win few Emmys, no doubt. If not, shows La La land is more corrupt, mindless, and spineless than previously thot.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 8, 2013
7096 posts
221 upvotes
aznnorth wrote:
Sep 13th, 2015 11:52 am
Series shud a win few Emmys, no doubt. If not, shows La La land is more corrupt, mindless, and spineless than previously thot.
There is hope. House of cards won some awards but then again they had kevin spacey.

Narcos had a bunch of unknown actors.

That guy who played pablo escobar should definitely win an award. Jesus that guy is a beast.
Deal Addict
Jan 20, 2014
2133 posts
400 upvotes
Ottawa
Terrestrial TV is dead.

This show is baddasss! The guy who plays Pablo is so chill yet he is a savage. Doing most of the scenes in Spanish also adds another reaslistic element to it.

I always chuckled to myself when I saw foreign actors doing their intense scenes in English....as if they would actually be speaking English right now.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 20, 2012
9883 posts
878 upvotes
Pacific Ocean
kevindurant1 wrote:
Sep 13th, 2015 4:41 pm
Narcos had a bunch of unknown actors.

That guy who played pablo escobar should definitely win an award. Jesus that guy is a beast.
AtlsNBP wrote:
Sep 13th, 2015 6:45 pm
The guy who plays Pablo is so chill yet he is a savage. Doing most of the scenes in Spanish also adds another reaslistic element to it.

I always chuckled to myself when I saw foreign actors doing their intense scenes in English....as if they would actually be speaking English right now.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wagner_Moura

Brazilian actor Wagner Moura plays Escobar.

Looks completely different in head shots. Not even close to his Escobar looks.

[IMG]http://cdn.fstatic.com/media/artists/av ... le_q90.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://cdn5.thr.com/sites/default/files ... 71_a_p.jpg[/IMG]

There arent that many spanish speaking well known actors in the states. So no doubt they had to scour several spanish speaking countries to find actors. Many of whom are unknown to north american audiences but are pretty well known in their own countries.
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2002
3527 posts
449 upvotes
aznnorth wrote:
Sep 13th, 2015 11:52 am
It's the golden age of TV, great shows like the Americans, Vikings and Hannibal aren't being nominated either and Netflix will probably save its campaign push for its main shows like HoC.

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)