Entertainment

Netflix Original Series 'Ozark' (Jason Bateman, Laura Linney, Sofia Hublitz) will have a second season on August 31st

• Last Updated:
  • May 11th, 2022 5:12 pm
Deal Addict
May 22, 2016
2459 posts
682 upvotes
Ontario
This is the best show on Netflix right now. Really amazing season 3.
Deal Addict
Dec 17, 2006
1857 posts
434 upvotes
This show is so underrated
Deal Guru
Mar 12, 2005
11677 posts
3489 upvotes
Victoria
Been watching this since season 1. Keeps getting better. 4 eps in, and I'm right into it again. Try to spread it out a little, because I'm not sure what to watch when this runs out.
Deal Addict
Aug 22, 2007
1064 posts
179 upvotes
Webshark, how did you necro this thread LOL
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2004
9850 posts
7804 upvotes
Toronto
Great 3rd season with an insane ending. I binged like 4 episodes straight last night and thoroughly enjoyed it.
bluewaker wrote: Webshark, how did you necro this thread LOL
He didn't though, they just took that long between S2 and S3 and the show isn't as popular as it should be. Hoping the turnaround time for S4 isn't as long again.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 10, 2003
6209 posts
3028 upvotes
Toronto
Saw that ending a mile away, but still loved it. What other cartel shows to watch (already through Narcos: Mexico Season 2 and all the other series, and it's gonna be a long wait for new seasons!)
Aug 17, 2005
129 posts
70 upvotes
Vancouver
milhaus wrote: What other cartel shows to watch (already through Narcos: Mexico Season 2 and all the other series, and it's gonna be a long wait for new seasons!)
Try ZeroZeroZero on Amazon Prime.
Deal Addict
Sep 26, 2008
1053 posts
287 upvotes
Ottawa
faston wrote: Try ZeroZeroZero on Amazon Prime.
Watched this recently and completely agree. Interesting show and very well done.
Oct 24, 2004
829 posts
192 upvotes
The actor that played Ben deserves an Oscar for that performance!!!!
Deal Addict
Dec 17, 2006
1857 posts
434 upvotes
Cameraguy23 wrote: The actor that played Ben deserves an Oscar for that performance!!!!
Ya he was amazing.

He's also amazing in another show called Banshee
Deal Addict
May 22, 2016
2459 posts
682 upvotes
Ontario
milhaus wrote: Saw that ending a mile away, but still loved it. What other cartel shows to watch (already through Narcos: Mexico Season 2 and all the other series, and it's gonna be a long wait for new seasons!)
Chapo on Netflix is pretty good if you can get past the really bad voice over.
Deal Guru
Mar 20, 2009
10168 posts
8298 upvotes
Toronto
Boy - sure am late for this party. Just finishing season 1, so I dare not read anything in this thread.
I feel like I really need to learn how to launder money, lol!
"When someone is burning a book, they are showing utter contempt for all of the thinking that produced its ideas, all of the labor that went into its words and sentences, and all of the trouble that befell the author . . .” ― Lemony Snicket
Deal Guru
Mar 20, 2009
10168 posts
8298 upvotes
Toronto
Finished watching all 3 seasons.
It's a good series, but several things seem to fall between the cracks.
I suspect this might be entirely due to binge watching, and not having a year or so off between watching seasons.

I think I enjoyed S1 the most - the suspense and pacing of the season kept me on my toes the most.
In the short - the fear I felt was more genuine when I knew less about the cartel.
The S1 big bad Del was an amazing/compelling character that really captured the essence of sociopath (charming and intelligent guy with amazing social skills - masking his true nature). As such, could very easily buy into the Byrde's getting seduced into working for the cartel. Was very much expecting to have Del around for the series, so was totally caught off guard when such was not the case. Neither the lawyer nor Navarro have scared me anywhere near as much as Del.

Favourite character was Buddy. The actor is so familiar (have likely seen him in many small roles).
Made me think how there are likely so many amazing actors constantly doing small roles, waiting to get a chance for something more memorable. I really liked how they kept his past a mystery, mostly offering snippets at his memorial service.

Weird thoughts - Charlotte and Jonah actors have a decent enough resemblance. Not sure why, but every time I see Charlotte, I think of her as a female version of Bran (from Game of Thrones). Something about their faces that is similar.

While watching S2, I found myself considering if I was possibly misogynistic, as I loathed and could not relate to many of the female characters - Wendy, Darlene, Charlotte. The writing for Charlotte really declined from S1 to S3. Could not stand S2 Darlene, but felt S3 did a better job of depicting her character as more than an impulsive hot-head.
Very mixed feelings about Helen. Felt the character started off strong - mysterious intelligent Cartel lawyer who takes care of messes, but jumped the shark when she moved to Ozark. Given that FBI was aware she was the primary lawyer for cartel, why wouldn't they have her under closer surveillance? This show has used flashbacks to offer significant background info, but didn't offer anything to flesh out Helen. At the very least, would have enjoyed learning how she came to join the Cartel.

Curious - did anyone actively remember and search for the 4 images shown in the O of Ozark?
I only did so a few times. I think this is due to binge watching.
Was there any deeper purpose behind doing this, or was it just foreshadowing for the episode?
"When someone is burning a book, they are showing utter contempt for all of the thinking that produced its ideas, all of the labor that went into its words and sentences, and all of the trouble that befell the author . . .” ― Lemony Snicket
Deal Addict
Jan 21, 2013
1018 posts
344 upvotes
in a bubble
Cameraguy23 wrote: The actor that played Ben deserves an Oscar for that performance!!!!

SO good! I watched the second to last episode (season 3) last night, I was in tears... im afraid to watch the last one....Disappointed But Relieved Face
Deal Guru
Mar 10, 2005
12349 posts
5403 upvotes
Just finished Seasons 3. It got off to a slow start but wow, ended with a bang. Can't wait to see what Darlene and co, has in store for Season 4.
"If you want to improve, be content to be thought foolish and stupid." - Epictetus
Deal Addict
Dec 22, 2010
2045 posts
638 upvotes
BC
That's why Movie & TV Reviews are subjective. One person's "great" is another person's "awful".
Haven't watched the Show as yet.
“The difference between humans and animals? Animals would never allow the dumbest ones to lead the pack.”
Deal Guru
Mar 10, 2005
12349 posts
5403 upvotes
insync44 wrote: That's why Movie & TV Reviews are subjective. One person's "great" is another person's "awful".
Haven't watched the Show as yet.
who reviewed it as being "awful"?
"If you want to improve, be content to be thought foolish and stupid." - Epictetus