Entertainment

Netflix to produce The Witcher TV Series.

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 19th, 2020 12:45 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 16, 2010
3088 posts
1604 upvotes
Burlington

Netflix to produce The Witcher TV Series.

Netflix to Produce The Witcher TV Series
Netflix will develop and produce a new show based on The Witcher Saga, the series of eight novels by Andrzej Sapkowski that inspired the hugely popular CD Projekt Red RPG games.

Sapkowski - who does not profit from the game series - will serve as a creative consultant on the series. “I’m thrilled that Netflix will be doing an adaptation of my stories," he explained in a press release, "staying true to the source material and the themes that I have spent over thirty years writing."

Tomas Baginski - who directed the intro videos for all three Witcher games, as well as the Cyberpunk 2077 teaser trailer - will direct at least one episode per season.
Having played the Witcher 3 probably 4 times over, I would absolutely love to see this brought to life. I just hope they don't make it PG-13.
76 replies
Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
32228 posts
8529 upvotes
GTHA
Showrunner Lauren S. Hissrich revealed lost of detalis on twitter
https://www.gamespot.com/articles/netfl ... 0-6458405/

- first season will consist of eight episodes
- the scripts for episodes beyond the pilot aren't done yet
- Hissrich says it likely won't premiere until 2020.
- confirms that the series will be filmed in Eastern Europe
Deal Addict
Jul 30, 2010
2558 posts
291 upvotes
Just noticed this too...I love the Witcher series and I think he could pull it off. He's one of those younger guys (32 or something) that look kind of older than he really is, so he could do the Geralt "old man" look for a solid amount of time.

I liked Cavill in MI: Fallout so I will definitely be watching this.
Deal Addict
Jun 26, 2011
1683 posts
385 upvotes
They better keep his white long hair...
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 16, 2010
3088 posts
1604 upvotes
Burlington
Speaking of white, apparently Ciri isn't going to be.

Oh well, I was excited for a few days. Good to know the sjw's ruined it before the series even took off.
Deal Guru
Jul 23, 2007
11520 posts
3491 upvotes
Toronto
kmarcie wrote:
Sep 6th, 2018 10:54 am
They better keep his white long hair...
Orlando Bloom called and he wants his wig back!

Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2003
7774 posts
1384 upvotes
im glad everyone is ripping on the wig and not Henry. Its always bad when professional series have worse makeup than cosplayers.
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2005
3708 posts
854 upvotes
He’s also missing the goatee/beard
Banned
Sep 16, 2018
12 posts
4 upvotes
So they've revealed how it looks:

I really hope this will be...darkened. I read the books and Geralt is nowhere near this "romantic". He's a pretty melancholic character, and his good looks are complemented with scars. Well, this looks like Captain America more than Geralt, what do you think?