• Nov 7th, 2017 10:51 am
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Dec 22, 2010
2045 posts
638 upvotes
BC
What can you get for $10 and unlimited viewing. Just try the damn thing on a free one month trial and decide yourself. Other peoples opinions are just that, other peoples.
“The difference between humans and animals? Animals would never allow the dumbest ones to lead the pack.”
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
21330 posts
10938 upvotes
Oakville
insync44 wrote: What can you get for $10 and unlimited viewing. Just try the damn thing on a free one month trial and decide yourself. Other peoples opinions are just that, other peoples.
I think OP probably made up their mind already, some time in the 18 months since making this post :P
Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
32228 posts
8694 upvotes
GTHA
April showers bring... a flood of new shows and movies to Netflix. Here are a few that will make you thank the weather gods for those guilt free binge days: Entourage, Rio 2, Downton Abbey: Series 6, The Get Down: Part 2, Win It All, Mad Max: Fury Road, Kevin Hart: What Now?, The Mindy Project: Season 5 Part B, Sandy Wexler, Sand Castle, Casting JonBenet, and Absolutely Famous: The Movie + more.

New to Netflix Canada | April | Netflix
Deal Expert
Dec 19, 2001
31347 posts
2025 upvotes
Fernando Poo
zod wrote: What I've found weird is the PQ seems really good on many of their originals. The Marvel shows, Narco's, House of Cards, and Stranger Things look great. However when I go to watch a movie or another TV show the PQ often seems subpar. I've wondered if they give extra bandwidth to those shows. The only Netflix Original I've watch that I thought had less than steller PQ was the OA.

That being said I pretty much only watch originals on Netflix. If there's nothing to watch I let it lapse until there is.
Make sure you have Netflix set for full definition. Can check with ctrl-alt-shift-D during the show, change setting on the fly replacing D with S.
Welcome to the Minitrue FDs, Ficdep
Deal Expert
Dec 19, 2001
31347 posts
2025 upvotes
Fernando Poo
tk1000 wrote: April showers bring... a flood of new shows and movies to Netflix. Here are a few that will make you thank the weather gods for those guilt free binge days: Entourage, Rio 2, Downton Abbey: Series 6, The Get Down: Part 2, Win It All, Mad Max: Fury Road, Kevin Hart: What Now?, The Mindy Project: Season 5 Part B, Sandy Wexler, Sand Castle, Casting JonBenet, and Absolutely Famous: The Movie + more.

Waiting for Better Call Saul season 2. Other than Downton Abbey nothing added of interest.
Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
32228 posts
8694 upvotes
GTHA
May is blooming new shows and movies! Here are just a few coming to Netflix this month: The final two episodes of Riverdale, Moonlight, House of Cards Season 5, Sense8 Season 2, Deepwater Horizon, Master of None Season 2, Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt Season 3, New original film War Machine, Marvel’s Doctor Strange, Brooklyn Nine-Nine Season 4 and new stand up comedy including specials from Norm MacDonald and Tracy Morgan.

Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
21330 posts
10938 upvotes
Oakville
tk1000 wrote: May is blooming new shows and movies! Here are just a few coming to Netflix this month: The final two episodes of Riverdale, Moonlight, House of Cards Season 5, Sense8 Season 2, Deepwater Horizon, Master of None Season 2, Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt Season 3, New original film War Machine, Marvel’s Doctor Strange, Brooklyn Nine-Nine Season 4 and new stand up comedy including specials from Norm MacDonald and Tracy Morgan.
Holy crap. Sense8, HoC, Master of None AND Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt? I guess I know what I'm doing next month.
Deal Expert
Dec 19, 2001
31347 posts
2025 upvotes
Fernando Poo
Only one thing I'm interested in for May. Might be running out of things to watch on NF.
Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
32228 posts
8694 upvotes
GTHA
Netflix Canada hikes prices as streaming competition heats up
https://beta.theglobeandmail.com/report ... e35934524/

It’s the first price increase in nearly two years for the company, but it only affects users in Canada.

Netflix's standard plan will now cost a dollar more – or $10.99 a month – to watch content on two screens at a time.

The basic plan, which does not offer high definition video and only permits one streaming screen at a time, also goes up a dollar to $8.99 a month.

Premium plan subscribers will pay $2 more for up to four simultaneous streams and ultra high-definition 4K content. It will now cost $13.99 monthly.
Deal Addict
Feb 29, 2012
2654 posts
1461 upvotes
Richmond
So that's in increase now of 37.5% in 15 months for those that were on the original $7.99/month grandfathered plan. And we complain about the cable TV companies!

The number of videos available on Netflix Canada has increased slightly to 4902 (3691 movies, 1210 TV series). It's closer now to Netflix USA, but only because the Netflix USA catalog has shrunk significantly.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 14, 2008
8312 posts
1901 upvotes
Ontario
Faith24 wrote: So that's in increase now of 37.5% in 15 months for those that were on the original $7.99/month grandfathered plan. And we complain about the cable TV companies!

The number of videos available on Netflix Canada has increased slightly to 4902 (3691 movies, 1210 TV series). It's closer now to Netflix USA, but only because the Netflix USA catalog has shrunk significantly.
I don't mind looking at percentage increases, but the ACTUAL increases are still nominal compared with cable companies, which can routinely add $4-5 to a package alone. Never mind not knowing what your actual cost will be next year after having to beg retentions to give you something worthwhile.
Deal Expert
Oct 28, 2004
24669 posts
8739 upvotes
Toronto
Netflix prices are still really low compared to cable company fees but I find I don't watch enough to continue to pay for Netflix. I haven't watched Netflix in 3 months..

With OTA antenna, torrent DLs and free reddit NBA streaming when the NBA season starts, I have enough to watch..

Might have to cancel Netflix this month...
Deal Guru
Apr 8, 2013
10205 posts
753 upvotes
ji2o0k wrote: Netflix prices are still really low compared to cable company fees but I find I don't watch enough to continue to pay for Netflix. I haven't watched Netflix in 3 months..

With OTA antenna, torrent DLs and free reddit NBA streaming when the NBA season starts, I have enough to watch..

This is what I have been saying. Netlix should have another option for people who rarely watch. A much cheaper price but their viewing time is capped.

Im satisfied with their $9.99 plan but I can totally see why people would unsubscribe if they barely use it.
Deal Expert
Mar 6, 2003
19712 posts
13576 upvotes
Ottawa
If you can binge shows, it makes sense to subscribe for a month or two to catch up, then park the subscription for a while. There were definitely a few months where I barely touched Netflix.
Please update your profile to include your city https://forums.redflagdeals.com/ucp.php?i=ucp_profile&mode=profile_info
Deal Fanatic
Jul 14, 2008
8312 posts
1901 upvotes
Ontario
kevindurant1 wrote: This is what I have been saying. Netlix should have another option for people who rarely watch. A much cheaper price but their viewing time is capped.

Im satisfied with their $9.99 plan but I can totally see why people would unsubscribe if they barely use it.
Yeah, Netflix should have an option to easily let you cancel and sign up again whenever you want, using a simple form and process that takes a couple minutes to perform.

If only modern tech could catch up with the whims of 2017 society.

It's roughly $10. Ten. Dollars.

Ten.

Dollars.

How cheap would be a cheaper option? Five dollars? "Much cheaper"? So, two dollars?
Subscribe for any amount of months and cancel anytime.

Shrug.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 31, 2017
7068 posts
3379 upvotes
onlineharvest wrote: Yeah, Netflix should have an option to easily let you cancel and sign up again whenever you want, using a simple form and process that takes a couple minutes to perform.

If only modern tech could catch up with the whims of 2017 society.

It's roughly $10. Ten. Dollars.

Ten.

Dollars.

How cheap would be a cheaper option? Five dollars? "Much cheaper"? So, two dollars?
Subscribe for any amount of months and cancel anytime.

Shrug.
Free. FREEEEEEeeeeeeee. bt free.
Deal Addict
Feb 29, 2012
2654 posts
1461 upvotes
Richmond
I was out when Netflix raised the price by 25%, started spending our money on diligent enforcement of geoblocking, and the CEO implied that customers were idiots because they didn't seem to understand that the price increase wasn't really a price increase, it was just the end of their grandfathered price.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 14, 2008
8312 posts
1901 upvotes
Ontario
Faith24 wrote: I was out when Netflix raised the price by 25%, started spending our money on diligent enforcement of geoblocking, and the CEO implied that customers were idiots because they didn't seem to understand that the price increase wasn't really a price increase, it was just the end of their grandfathered price.
Grandfathers don't live forever though *sad face*
Deal Fanatic
Jul 14, 2008
8312 posts
1901 upvotes
Ontario
ji2o0k wrote: Netflix prices are still really low compared to cable company fees but I find I don't watch enough to continue to pay for Netflix. I haven't watched Netflix in 3 months..

That's the thing, you're referring to relative niche markets. What percentage of Netflix subs have OTA? And what percentage blissfully torrent and/or collect libraries of content on NAS? It's the minority.

Even though it's only roughly $10, which is minor in the grand scheme of things, if you don't use it, no sense in paying for it! :)
The process couldn't be any easier to just re-sign up again.

Couple of clicks actually.