None
Deal Fanatic
Mar 12, 2005
7369 posts
739 upvotes
Victoria
bogolisk wrote:
Feb 2nd, 2017 5:40 pm
No, because it's not worth it. Once they have more HDR contents, then it would be. As of now, their HD picture is crappy.
What I've found weird is the PQ seems really good on many of their originals. The Marvel shows, Narco's, House of Cards, and Stranger Things look great. However when I go to watch a movie or another TV show the PQ often seems subpar. I've wondered if they give extra bandwidth to those shows. The only Netflix Original I've watch that I thought had less than steller PQ was the OA.

That being said I pretty much only watch originals on Netflix. If there's nothing to watch I let it lapse until there is.
Deal Addict
May 5, 2007
3160 posts
369 upvotes
Torana
kids + netflix = a little bit of quiet time/sanity
Deal Addict
Feb 29, 2012
2394 posts
1205 upvotes
Richmond
zod wrote:
Feb 12th, 2017 10:56 am
What I've found weird is the PQ seems really good on many of their originals. The Marvel shows, Narco's, House of Cards, and Stranger Things look great. However when I go to watch a movie or another TV show the PQ often seems subpar. I've wondered if they give extra bandwidth to those shows.
Netflix is stuck with the PQ that the content provider gives them. This also comes up in another context: In some cases Netflix gets the version that was cut down to allow more commercials for TV broadcast instead of getting the full original version that went on DVD.
Deal Expert
Oct 6, 2005
15943 posts
1853 upvotes
bogolisk wrote:
Feb 2nd, 2017 5:40 pm
No, because it's not worth it. Once they have more HDR contents, then it would be. As of now, their HD picture is crappy.
There's plenty of HD on Netflix, even 4K content. The original content, Stranger Things, House of Cards, The Orange is the New Black, Narcos, The Last Kingdom, etc. is enough to cover the subscription fee. On top of that their kids content is pretty good.
Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
25660 posts
5841 upvotes
GTHA
Spring is in the air. A few things coming to Netflix in March: Independence Day, Gat Hard, Greenleaf: Season 1,Amy Schumer: The Leather Special, and Love: Season 2 to name a few. Rainy day? You're covered.

Deal Fanatic
Mar 31, 2008
9427 posts
1187 upvotes
Toronto
Aggy wrote:
Feb 18th, 2017 5:00 pm
kids + netflix = a little bit of quiet time/sanity
Hah, yea. For us, it's weekend mornings.
Deal Guru
Nov 28, 2013
12430 posts
4029 upvotes
Oakville
zod wrote:
That being said I pretty much only watch originals on Netflix. If there's nothing to watch I let it lapse until there is.
I have literally hundreds of hours of stuff on my list to watch on Netflix. "Nothing to watch" is definitely not a problem I have - rather "too much to watch". It seems like every time I go back to it there's a new 10 hour Netflix Original series for me to watch. Hell, I'm starting to get recommended Netflix originals from other countries as well - "3%", a Brazilian show, looks AMAZING.
Public Mobile
Deal Fanatic
Mar 12, 2005
7369 posts
739 upvotes
Victoria
wearysky wrote:
Feb 24th, 2017 10:08 am
I have literally hundreds of hours of stuff on my list to watch on Netflix. "Nothing to watch" is definitely not a problem I have - rather "too much to watch". It seems like every time I go back to it there's a new 10 hour Netflix Original series for me to watch. Hell, I'm starting to get recommended Netflix originals from other countries as well - "3%", a Brazilian show, looks AMAZING.
Yah I just saw the trailer for that netflix (while loading up Sense8). It does look pretty good.
Banned
Mar 26, 2016
91 posts
31 upvotes
wearysky wrote:
Feb 24th, 2017 10:08 am
zod wrote:
Feb 24th, 2017 10:10 am
Yah I just saw the trailer for that netflix (while loading up Sense8). It does look pretty good.
It's actually pretty bad and you can tell it's cheaply made with poor actors. I watched it after some good feedback on Reddit for it ..buy it's really not worth the time.

Netflix has lots of exclusive content/shows...Majority is crap but there's a couple of good ones that make up for it. 3℅ is crap..Even worst than their Marco Polo shoe or garbage movies they put out ...
Deal Addict
May 5, 2007
3160 posts
369 upvotes
Torana
SatanicWaffle wrote:
Feb 24th, 2017 11:35 am
It's actually pretty bad and you can tell it's cheaply made with poor actors. I watched it after some good feedback on Reddit for it ..buy it's really not worth the time.

Netflix has lots of exclusive content/shows...Majority is crap but there's a couple of good ones that make up for it. 3℅ is crap..Even worst than their Marco Polo shoe or garbage movies they put out ...
I thought 3% was pretty good. Wife and I binged it all in a weekend which is pretty rare for us.

There's a ton of Aussie and British shows as well that we are liking. The principal and glitch are pretty good.

As for comedies I quite liked Santa Clarita.. Almost had a Scrubs type of comedy feel to it.
Deal Addict
Dec 22, 2010
1248 posts
177 upvotes
BC
What can you get for $10 and unlimited viewing. Just try the damn thing on a free one month trial and decide yourself. Other peoples opinions are just that, other peoples.
Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.
Deal Guru
Nov 28, 2013
12430 posts
4029 upvotes
Oakville
insync44 wrote:
Mar 3rd, 2017 8:56 am
What can you get for $10 and unlimited viewing. Just try the damn thing on a free one month trial and decide yourself. Other peoples opinions are just that, other peoples.
I think OP probably made up their mind already, some time in the 18 months since making this post :P
Public Mobile
Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
25660 posts
5841 upvotes
GTHA
April showers bring... a flood of new shows and movies to Netflix. Here are a few that will make you thank the weather gods for those guilt free binge days: Entourage, Rio 2, Downton Abbey: Series 6, The Get Down: Part 2, Win It All, Mad Max: Fury Road, Kevin Hart: What Now?, The Mindy Project: Season 5 Part B, Sandy Wexler, Sand Castle, Casting JonBenet, and Absolutely Famous: The Movie + more.

New to Netflix Canada | April | Netflix
Deal Expert
Dec 19, 2001
29032 posts
981 upvotes
Fernando Po
zod wrote:
What I've found weird is the PQ seems really good on many of their originals. The Marvel shows, Narco's, House of Cards, and Stranger Things look great. However when I go to watch a movie or another TV show the PQ often seems subpar. I've wondered if they give extra bandwidth to those shows. The only Netflix Original I've watch that I thought had less than steller PQ was the OA.

Make sure you have Netflix set for full definition. Can check with ctrl-alt-shift-D during the show, change setting on the fly replacing D with S.
"On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” -HL Mencken
Deal Expert
Dec 19, 2001
29032 posts
981 upvotes
Fernando Po
tk1000 wrote:
Mar 22nd, 2017 9:02 pm
April showers bring... a flood of new shows and movies to Netflix. Here are a few that will make you thank the weather gods for those guilt free binge days: Entourage, Rio 2, Downton Abbey: Series 6, The Get Down: Part 2, Win It All, Mad Max: Fury Road, Kevin Hart: What Now?, The Mindy Project: Season 5 Part B, Sandy Wexler, Sand Castle, Casting JonBenet, and Absolutely Famous: The Movie + more.

Waiting for Better Call Saul season 2. Other than Downton Abbey nothing added of interest.
"On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” -HL Mencken