Netflix's The Haunting of Hill House

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 21st, 2019 10:20 pm
Tags:
Deal Addict
Mar 12, 2011
1577 posts
1189 upvotes
Great show. Especially loved episode 6 with the long continuous shots.
Deal Expert
Mar 22, 2004
16012 posts
7474 upvotes
RFD
Wow just finished the series. What a enjoyable and memorable this show has turned out to be with deep meaning. It deserves to win accolades. It is horror in the true sense, not the cheap gimmicks that try to make you jump out of your seat and has been done over and over and has gone old.
Banned
Sep 23, 2018
9 posts
6 upvotes
Glad to read it gets better, watched two episodes and wasn't that hooked up. Will continue watching then, thanks.
Deal Addict
Dec 6, 2017
1885 posts
1292 upvotes
Manitoba
On EP 4. Can't help but think that Theo would make a good Lara Croft. Smiling Face With Sunglasses
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2013
2403 posts
671 upvotes
Toronto
NeilJasper wrote: On EP 4. Can't help but think that Theo would make a good Lara Croft. Smiling Face With Sunglasses
Yas love her she’s so gorgeous. Good show too, the ending was kinda cheesy but overall still a good watch.
Deal Addict
Dec 6, 2017
1885 posts
1292 upvotes
Manitoba
Heavenleigh85 wrote: Yas love her she’s so gorgeous. Good show too, the ending was kinda cheesy but overall still a good watch.
Absolutely. Kinda curious why she gotta wear gloves to "deaden" her skill...kinda like Elsa. :P
Deal Fanatic
Jun 16, 2009
7363 posts
8662 upvotes
GTA
NeilJasper wrote: Absolutely. Kinda curious why she gotta wear gloves to "deaden" her skill...kinda like Elsa. :P
Or Rogue from X-Men was my first thought
c'mon get happy!
Deal Addict
Sep 29, 2005
3129 posts
744 upvotes
Pickering
Some great scares, and I'm a horror nut case so not too easy to get me rattled, second last episode in the car ride with the sisters was one of them. Didn't really like the ending, but overall a good solid 10 episodes.
The only thing worse than human ignorance is human pride in that ignorance.
Banned
Oct 7, 2018
6 posts
I have just started, watched two episodes. In the middle of the first episode I was like I should stop now, but God knows what kept me going. Will be continuing again over this weekend. Amazing one from Netflix. Happy Halloween.
Deal Expert
Jun 9, 2003
25310 posts
2536 upvotes
Markham, ON
into episode 4 or was it 5 lol....

the frights are ok...its the storylines and the emotions that got me hooked.

Luke so far is my favorite character....perhaps I have a son...really feel for that character
Deal Addict
Jan 19, 2004
2171 posts
1017 upvotes
Toronto
thelefteyeguy wrote: into episode 4 or was it 5 lol....

the frights are ok...its the storylines and the emotions that got me hooked.

Luke so far is my favorite character....perhaps I have a son...really feel for that character
Why is he the only one all screwed up (in terms of being an addict)? The others have their secrets as well but were able to accomplish something in life (ie: funeral home owner, author, doctor, not sure what Nell did).
Deal Addict
Jun 26, 2011
1689 posts
399 upvotes
OK, I'm intrigued but I have a history of being scared easily, and I'm so hesitant following the reviews online. How scary is it? What kind of scary? Jump scares? How much supernatural stuff is in it? I'm reading about people who can't sleep with the lights off...
Deal Expert
Jun 24, 2006
15769 posts
11167 upvotes
My wife doesn't allow us to watch anything with "jump scares" in it. :(

I may still Judy put it on for "something new" and see how she reacts.
Deal Expert
Sep 21, 2010
15185 posts
4647 upvotes
Montréal
Dragon120 wrote: Why is he the only one all screwed up (in terms of being an addict)? The others have their secrets as well but were able to accomplish something in life (ie: funeral home owner, author, doctor, not sure what Nell did).
My memory's lousy but wasn't he subjected to the most scary visions as a kid?

kmarcie wrote: OK, I'm intrigued but I have a history of being scared easily, and I'm so hesitant following the reviews online. How scary is it? What kind of scary? Jump scares? How much supernatural stuff is in it? I'm reading about people who can't sleep with the lights off...
It's nothing of the sort imho, but I'm very battle-test lol. It's all relative, so it's difficult to answer. I definitely thought it was ridiculous some ppl were screaming, vomiting, afraid to switch off lights, etc. That's going way overboard.
Hard work, inheritance, interest on interest accumulating, and stock and real estate speculation. It's all good.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 31, 2017
7069 posts
3383 upvotes
kmarcie wrote: OK, I'm intrigued but I have a history of being scared easily, and I'm so hesitant following the reviews online. How scary is it? What kind of scary? Jump scares? How much supernatural stuff is in it? I'm reading about people who can't sleep with the lights off...
I think yelling "BLOODY MARY" three times in front of a mirror around midnight tonight will be scarier. Pretty sure that is the case.
Deal Addict
Feb 25, 2015
1268 posts
655 upvotes
York Region
radeonboy wrote: Oly crap!! Episode 5 ending, mind blown.
Yeah, just finished episode 5. Got me all bent Smiling Face With Open Mouth
Deal Addict
Jun 26, 2011
1689 posts
399 upvotes
tranquility922 wrote: My memory's lousy but wasn't he subjected to the most scary visions as a kid?

It's nothing of the sort imho, but I'm very battle-test lol. It's all relative, so it's difficult to answer. I definitely thought it was ridiculous some ppl were screaming, vomiting, afraid to switch off lights, etc. That's going way overboard.
badOne wrote: I think yelling "BLOODY MARY" three times in front of a mirror around midnight tonight will be scarier. Pretty sure that is the case.
alright. I'll give it a try based on this!
Dec 25, 2010
315 posts
49 upvotes
Toronto
Just finished the series and I'd have to say I found it to be more of a sad story than a scary story. The "haunting" of each character seems to be rooted in guilt, failure and secrets than actual spooky ghosts. Steve's monologue summed it up very nicely.

I found the ending sweet instead of schmaltzy but maybe it's because I have a young family. Stuff about kids cuts right to my heart.

Now I want to watch the whole thing again since I better understand how all of the pieces weave together.
Dec 25, 2010
315 posts
49 upvotes
Toronto
Dragon120 wrote: Why is he the only one all screwed up (in terms of being an addict)? The others have their secrets as well but were able to accomplish something in life (ie: funeral home owner, author, doctor, not sure what Nell did).
I'd guess Luke became a heroin addict (putting poison in his body) due to his closeness with Abigail.