Entertainment

Netflix's The Ranch starring Ashton Kutcher (2016)

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 6th, 2017 1:59 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Deal Expert
Jul 29, 2003
17735 posts
1318 upvotes

Netflix's The Ranch starring Ashton Kutcher (2016)

[IMG]http://goo.gl/U7q1x4[/IMG]

http://deadline.com/2015/06/ashton-kutc ... 201446202/

Ashton Kutcher and That 70s Show co-star Danny Masterson are teaming up for a new Netflix Original described as a multi-camera comedy about a former pro football player who returns to Colorado to run the family ranch along with his brother.

Debra Winger and Sam Elliot has also been added to the cast.

Netflix has ordered 20 episode but will release them in 2016 in 2 batches of 10 episodes.
R.I.P. Rick Rypien #37

For Sale:
shortened url's are not allowed
17 replies
Jun 25, 2015
118 posts
11 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Really... Elisha Cuthbert... Oh i feel so happy
Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
26869 posts
6371 upvotes
GTHA
Netflix has dropped the trailer for new multi-camera comedy series The Ranch ahead of its April 1 bow on the Internet network.

from http://deadline.com/2016/03/the-ranch-t ... 201717671/

"The series reunites That 70’s Show alums Ashton Kutcher and Danny Masterson, and also stars Sam Elliott and Debra Winger. Set in present day on a Colorado ranch, it follows Colt’s (Kutcher) return home after a brief and failed semi- pro football career to run the family ranching business with his older brother Jameson “Rooster” (Masterson) and father Beau (Elliott), whom he hasn’t seen in 15 years. Winger stars as Colt’s and Rooster’s mother, Maggie, who runs the local town bar."
Deal Addict
Mar 31, 2004
1724 posts
65 upvotes
Toronto
This looks horrible. What is with the laugh track?
[OP]
Deal Expert
Jul 29, 2003
17735 posts
1318 upvotes
buffylover wrote:
Mar 11th, 2016 12:53 pm
This looks horrible. What is with the laugh track?
The trailer is terrible. It's a sitcom with a movie trailer.

The thing is with Netflix, people with subscriptions will at least check it out since it's easily accessible and usually shows up when you load up Netflix. I think it will find an audience.
R.I.P. Rick Rypien #37

For Sale:
shortened url's are not allowed
Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
26869 posts
6371 upvotes
GTHA
Haz wrote:
Mar 11th, 2016 1:14 pm
The trailer is terrible. It's a sitcom with a movie trailer.

The thing is with Netflix, people with subscriptions will at least check it out since it's easily accessible and usually shows up when you load up Netflix. I think it will find an audience.
Have you checked it out? This is not exactly a sitcom.

"If you’re looking for a good example of how online viewing is changing serial TV beyond the capacity for binge-watching, The Ranch is a good case in point. It’s a sitcom—but it’s not, not exactly, because it settles in for long dramatic beats that don’t feel entirely at home in the sitcom format. It runs longer than network sitcoms do, too, varies length by episode, and uses profanity (but not gratuitously). It is, to be blunt, an odd duck of a show, but one with some promise, and a great cast—after all, most shows don’t have Sam Elliott and Debra Winger in prominent roles. (Netflix)"
from http://torontoist.com/2016/04/televisua ... r-edition/
Deal Fanatic
Aug 12, 2006
5992 posts
1695 upvotes
Canada
70s style laugh tracks ... seriously.

Feels like something that was pitched to the normal cable networks and there was no buyers.

Add some f-bombs to the dialogue, boom instant Netflix classic.

I'm not sure we got through the first episode, but not much urge to go back to it.

I'm probably doing a disservice to BMS by even remotely relating it to it. Think ultra-watered down BMS super lite for nuns ...
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2003
4180 posts
114 upvotes
Austin/Markham
I've watched the first 8-10 episodes? Its not very good....I wanted to like it because I'm a huge 70s Show fan, but its pretty bad. Maybe I'll resume when I'm REALLY bored.... the actors aren't bad but the script is just boring.
__
demandez-lui si elle dormira avec vous pour un LED keychain
Deal Fanatic
Mar 20, 2003
9996 posts
375 upvotes
Moncton, NB
We were only able to sit through the first 10 minutes, by far one of the crappiest Sitcoms we have ever seen. The sets are so unrealistic it feels like live theater more than a sitcom. Not to mention there is more laugh track than actual dialog, the show can't go more than 2 lines without 4-5 seconds of laugh track thrown in.

I like most Netflix production but this one is a 1/10.
KitKat item collector- always looking for swag or branded items.
Deal Guru
Nov 15, 2004
14256 posts
1544 upvotes
Toronto
Lazy writing. They've hit about every Midwest farm story stereotype there is, and they're not even using them well.
Could HAVE, not could OF. What does 'could of' even mean?
Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
26869 posts
6371 upvotes
GTHA
Danny Masterson fired...